Falkirk vs Raith Rovers

Just now, roman_bairn said:

Just a note of caution. If we lose next week we will drop to 5th and out of the play off places.
I don’t think we will though.....

Depends which Falkirk team turn up really!  As others have said, stick with the back 3 but put Toshney in, and of Gomis is fully fit, we should be fine.

Though McManus and 14 (Longridge?) were very good for Falkirk today.

Delighted to see Hendry back in the team.

Looked decent for his first game back and the only negative was his part in the equaliser. He'll get stronger each week and what a boost to have him back. When he's match sharp he'll be huge for us, just as he was before his injury.

1-0 up against 10 and hoping we take all 3 points. When it's 1-1 with 10 v 10 i'd have bitten your hand off for a point as Falkirk were up for it and the fans started getting behind the team with a good vocal backing.

Watson worked hard today and always wanted the ball and as much as I don't like saying it, I think this level of football is beyond him. We may well need him over the next few weeks so hoping a run of games proved me wrong.

Really good turn out from us in the away stand and a good atmosphere.

Anyone fancy a game at CB next week?

2 minutes ago, Disco Duck said:

Depends which Falkirk team turn up really!  As others have said, stick with the back 3 but put Toshney in, and of Gomis is fully fit, we should be fine.

Sadly, I don't think it'll matter if he's fit or not.

Our defensive record is significanly better than yours and I chastise Mark Durnan before during and after every match. Because he is fucking murder. 
You failed to put away a ten who were down to ten after 13 minutes. Brutal stuff and all the "Regam Henry strolled it" in the world doesnt change the fact that 1 point from that game is a fucking minter. 

You definitely typed this whilst greeting to yourself.

A point away to the clear favourites in this league is absolutely brilliant considering the first choice XI players we have out injured and suspended.

Quite clearly, a point at home to league One minnows Raith Rovers isn’t up to the standard of Champions League aspiring Falkirk Football Club and it’s very, very pleasing to see some of the meltdowns on here. [emoji16]

A point away to the clear favourites in this league is absolutely brilliant considering the first choice XI players we have out injured and suspended.

Quite clearly, a point at home to league One minnows Raith Rovers isn’t up to the standard of Champions League aspiring Falkirk Football Club and it’s very, very pleasing to see some of the meltdowns on here. [emoji16]
Christ.... There havent been any meltdowns in this thread. The closest anyone has come or will come is likely to be me over Charlie Telfer. That aside, Falkirk fans have to be happy with the result and performance.

I am just surprised that any of you are tbh. Genuinely surprised, not fishing for bites surprised. I would have been seething if I were you. Should have put us to the sword.

4 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

Quite clearly, a point at home to league One minnows Raith Rovers isn’t up to the standard of Champions League aspiring Falkirk Football Club and it’s very, very pleasing to see some of the meltdowns on here. emoji16.png

Were you the ref today as not seen anyone on a meltdown on here yet. I see a lot of raith fans saying they absolutely dominated the game considering you played with a man more than us for 65 minutes and had a whole 3, yes 3 shots on target, thats absolutely dominating a game aye

Edited by AL-FFC

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Christ.... There havent been any meltdowns in this thread. The closest anyone has come or will come is likely to be me over Charlie Telfer. That aside, Falkirk fans have to be happy with the result and performance.

I am just surprised that any of you are tbh. Genuinely surprised, not fishing for bites surprised. I would have been seething if I were you. Should have put us to the sword.

Absolutely.  At half time we were all expecting the worst - man down and goal down.  Players turned in a good performance, better team, and a draw despite the man disadvantage for 70% of the game.  I’m happy with that.

Might change my mind when I see the Telfer tackle back!

Considering every single Rovers fan would have taken a point before the game today, why would we be seething that we in fact came away with a point?

It really doesn’t matter how the game went, we’d have taken a point, therefore I’m more than happy with that as it could be a brilliant point come May.

Before the double header against Airdrie and yourselves, I was looking for 2 draws so to come out the other end with 4 points is fantastic.

2 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

Considering every single Rovers fan would have taken a point before the game today, why would we be seething that we in fact came away with a point?

It really doesn’t matter how the game went, we’d have taken a point, therefore I’m more than happy with that as it could be a brilliant point come May.

Before the double header against Airdrie and yourselves, I was looking for 2 draws so to come out the other end with 4 points is fantastic.

Another one with low standards

1 minute ago, Disco Duck said:

Was Bowie the diver?

If that was the Raith number 22 then aye it prob was, watching him against Buchanan from the SS he was doing his damdest to get Buchanan a booking or at least sent off.  

Raith 22 should have been in the book in the first half for either persistent fouling or persistent diving take your pick. Waste of time the ref saying to him he was watching him as he done f**k all about him most of the game.

23 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

If that was the Raith number 22 then aye it prob was, watching him against Buchanan from the SS he was doing his damdest to get Buchanan a booking or at least sent off.  

Raith 22 should have been in the book in the first half for either persistent fouling or persistent diving take your pick. Waste of time the ref saying to him he was watching him as he done f**k all about him most of the game.

Rattled by a 17 year old wheyyy

1 hour ago, TxRover said:

Still wondering why the decision not to start Gomis. The difference he made when he came on made it obvious he’s one of your strongest players, even with his limited endurance playing like that.

Tbf Gomis hasn't kicked a ball last two games, neither had Longridge tho

15 minutes ago, Wee Sandy said:

I think FFC were playing for a draw today against the Mighty Raith. 

Yep the 2nd half as you were playing Yogi fitba in passing it side to side and not even getting out your own half against 10 men.

As soon as our goal went in, Raith players heids went down, a pity captain man bun thought he was better than he is.