Falkirk vs Raith Rovers

Maybe been mentioned before but i'd try Grant Anderson at right wing back.  He is solid enough and would offer us something going forward.   Manager has a tough choice for who to plug the gaps with.  

Munro

Gando  Mckay  Bene  Macdonald

Spencer  Tait

Bowie  Dingwall  Victoria

Gullan

I've been a big proponent of Anderson at right wing back, but I'd very much prefer if it was part of a back five. Whilst I think he could manage at right back, and he's a relatively disciplined player, his positioning isn't the best. I'd be more inclined to start Watson in a back four, with Anderson as the Plan B if Watson is really struggling.

Can't see anything other than a back 4. Watson has struggled at times so perhaps it's a case of ensuring he's well covered so Falkirk can't isolate him as other teams have attempted to do? 

More worrying than anything else to be honest is his lack of game time given we need 90mins out of him. 

1 hour ago, Michael W said:

Can't see anything other than a back 4. Watson has struggled at times so perhaps it's a case of ensuring he's well covered so Falkirk can't isolate him as other teams have attempted to do? 

More worrying than anything else to be honest is his lack of game time given we need 90mins out of him. 

If Watson plays, and you have to assume he will, then I suspect McGlynn will have Anderson playing in front of him to at least offer a bit of extra protection to him.

Grant Anderson will be very important in front of Jamie Watson. I’ve actually preferred him up front this season but his work rate and physicality should give protection as good as possible. Watson with Gullan in front of him would give me the fear.

It isn’t ideal but conversely it’s a massive chance for Watson to show he belongs here. Hasn’t really had a chance in nearly a year, the odd friendly/sub appearance aside. He seemed to regress the more he played in the first team having shown some genuine promise to begin with, so perhaps he can get back to that sort of form. Last Saturday was a positive sign.

We surely have too many players out to get a result here but we’re actually on our best defensive run since August 2010, and haven’t really played particularly well over the past few weeks. Football is weird.

Hopefully a big away support to get behind the team.

19 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

Heard all this before, teams with supposedly huge injury lists and struggling to get 11 players.

Then Saturday comes, the injured players are miraculously in the team and they play a blinder.

Got that movie on DVD