Falkirk vs Raith Rovers

On 08/12/2019 at 06:58, bridge of allan bairn said:

Take it the two raith players sent off today will be suspended, does this cause you guys issues or is the squad and positions able to cope?

on the falkirk front probably better Lee Miller plays up front for us, even if he's slow and can't run about much more likely to score...

In all seriousness , Lee Miller even right now must be a better option than Sammon

Free hit for us on Saturday - all the pressure on Falkirk.

Take a point.

Absolutely, Falkirk’s new management team probably need a win here to keep their jobs beyond December into January. Pressure is all on them. We can lose and still remain above them which is incredible given the financial gulf between the sides. Draw would be a fantastic result and given Falkirk’s record against the league’s big boys it’s the minimum we should be aiming for.

Would have been reasonably optimistic going into this at full strength. However, with the young, patch work side we will have out I am kind of fearing the worst. I keep thinking that things will eventually click for Falkirk.

Don’t see any point appealing either of the red cards, they were both nailed on. Would be a huge boost if any of Hendry, Anderson or Miller were available but that doesn’t look at all likely. Hopefully Armstrong is back fit, would be a good option off the bench after his last performance against Falkirk although he hasn’t really done it since.

Think we will go with:

Munro

Watson   
McKay   
Bene    
MacDonald

Spencer    
Tait

Anderson    
Gullan    
Dingwall

Bowie

I’ve been a big critic of Watson and him playing away to Falkirk gives me the fear. However, he did well when he came on Saturday and I’d love him to prove me wrong with another good performance.

Gomis dominated the game first half at Starks and we‘ll need a big performance from Spencer (who has been excellent this season) to stop it happening again. Tait is neat and tidy and looks a good prospect at 17/18 but he looks to do his best work going forward and he’ll need a lot of help from Spencer to stop us being overrun in midfield.

Hopefully take a big crowd through, would bite your hand off for a draw right now but expecting a defeat by a couple of goals. 

Aye the number of players (and key players at that) that are out is absolutely wild. I can't see past a Home win, regardless of how poor Falkirk have been. Although I hope I am wrong and this heroic defending and all round hard work can pay dividends again until we get a few players back over the next couple of weeks.

More importantly, with the Bairnabeu's abhorrent out of town location, where is the best place for pre-game pint(s)? I see the Mill Inn (which i think I have been in before)  looks the closest and half way house between the train station and the ground but appears to be getting firmly tongue-in-cheek support on the away day guide! Recommendations? 

ETA: seeing how close Brockville was to the train station/pubs on google maps 😥

Edited by HIT THE CHANNEL

Sadly I think our injuries and suspensions will be too much for this game and regardless how up and down Falkirk have been they should probably have enough about them to see this game out and come away with the win.

34 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I think we'll need to summon the spirit of the cup game at Pittodrie to come away with a win here.

Lewis Allan to be the unlikely hero as he slams a Dylan Tait cutback into the net via the underside of the bar from 3 yards out.

......to make it 0-3. We are rotten, and have barely threatened to beat any of the top 4. We will not win this game 

6 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

......to make it 0-3. We are rotten, and have barely threatened to beat any of the top 4. We will not win this game 

sorry bud, can't agree, much as I would like to!! With the number of "main men" missing ( 7 or 8) may be just too much for us this week.

You'll not have a better chance to take the points, 3 that is! 

Edited by Wee Sandy

5 hours ago, R.R.FC said:

Munro

Watson   
McKay   
Bene    
MacDonald

Spencer    
Tait

Anderson    
Gullan    
Dingwall

Bowie

Don’t see that spot for Tait, as he’s better going forward...not sure who is filling in that spot though, it not a good one for Dingwall, so maybe that’s the way it has to be. I’d put Baird in for Gullan in that lineup though.