TLC: Tables, Ladders & Chairs 2019

JamieStevenson

TLC returns on Sunday December 15th, the final PPV of 2019 as we approach the business end of WWE's calendar. This will follow the 1 hour Pre-Show (11PM), 4 hour main card (midnight) format, live on the WWE Network. This will take place at the Target Center in Minneapolis, Minnesota. It will also be the 11th TLC: Tables, Ladders & Chairs PPV since its introduction in 2009. As it stands, neither of WWE's top titles will be on the line at this event.

Kevin Rudolf is back and WWE are using his new song Do You Feel Me? as the official theme for this show.

Confirmed Matches:

The Viking Raiders (C) vs TBD for the WWE Raw Tag Team Championship (Open challenge).

Aleister Black vs Buddy Murphy.

Rusev vs Bobby Lashley in a Tables match.

The New Day (C) vs The Revival in a Ladder match for the WWE SmackDown Tag Team Championship.

Bray Wyatt vs The Miz.

The Kabuki Warriors (C) vs Becky Lynch and Charlotte Flair in a Tables, Ladders and Chairs match for the WWE Women's Tag Team Championship.

Roman Reigns vs King Corbin in a Tables, Ladders and Chairs match.

20191211_TLC_VikingRaiders--1c11ac6ae0bc01e52dead8b35f915965.thumb.jpg.978992be189f2f5b47c1e23e8033a115.jpg20191209_TLC_AleisterBlack_BuddyMurphy--df51547655266ca97248b69592b4e7b5.thumb.jpg.1f7900993b91ba0931c1c226ada1b59f.jpg20191209_TLC_Rusev_BobbyLashley--980da8904f936da3fc24e0e28c8ed95d.thumb.jpg.a43ba476399c851a8a0c4d0425035ed0.jpg20191206_TLC_SDTag--bdf7dbaea6ee13ff0d0390252edbe4bc.thumb.jpg.602c8c1e30e6df968dd9a832034302ae.jpg20191206_TLC_TheKabukiWarriors_BeckyCharlotte--a05b8bc940dc015b8a52d9db5d99e8bb.thumb.jpg.faa434fcee28229c093424e3782b42a2.jpg20191206_TLC_BrayMiz--a308e1412da0743c6435590d41c01342.thumb.jpg.0ba2285aa6e367a97e783d528e4e8050.jpg20191206_TLC_CorbinRoman--f2ea48c6c830176c7a8f0d478c420f2b.thumb.jpg.72ddbe599075790712a2f36b2f8e6cb5.jpg

Edited by JamieStevenson

Women's tag match is the only thing of interest for me right now. 

Not sure what else is really going on. Could add Seth & AOP vs KO & 2 pals.... Street Profits? And maybe something with AJ and Randy.

2018 TLC is due a watch in the build up. The women's triple threat and AJ vs D Bry both absolutely brilliant.

Well this looks fucking shite.  Women's tag team match should be at least solid, but it's still a bit...why?  I'm more interested in getting Mr Wyatt vs Miz to see what shenanigans they'll pull.  Assume Big Fiendo is going to emerge at some point, maybe even Bryan.

Was last year the one where we got Shield + Kurt "The Testicle" Angle in SWAT gear?  Mumps really did a number on that show.

Just checked, and no, it was 2017.  How time flies.

Guest bernardblack
Okay I'll say it. I didn't really enjoy the main event, I expected better.

I loved it. Any update on Kairi? Took some big bumps and apparently concussed from Becky being sloppy

Once again, WWE manage to put on a show with some really great matches, let down by really odd decisions.

I've not watched the whole thing, skipped a few matches as the recaps seemed to hint that they were shite.  The opener was incredible, as New Day vs Revival will always be, with the addition of Kofi trying new and exciting things, and Big E continuing his feud with his own health and wellbeing.  I skimmed through the Black/Murphy match, but what I saw, again, was brilliant.  Outside of that, the Wyatt/Miz match was what it was, and a decent enough piece of storytelling, given it was really only a thing to set up Bryan to come back out the time machine from the start of the decade.  They should tear the house down at Royal Rumble, and maybe he'll even win the title.  The rest, aside from the main event, seems like it was just a bit meh.

Then the main event...I don't actually know what to make of it.  On the face of it, with the talent involved, it's a disappointing match.  It didn't really flow all that well.  But on the other hand, I think I really enjoyed it because of that.  IT was like when they discussed the spots, Becky just asked if they'd ever seen a fight in a pub car park.  t seemed more real, more visceral, and far away from the choreographed nature you can get with these matches.  Never did I feel like they were just arranging furniture for a spot that would happen 10 minutes down the line.  In fact it never really seemed like they were planning for anything, just grabbing a weapon and going for it.  Even when Kairi tried to chuck a chair into the ring and completely missed, they made a bit out of it.  

As for Kairi's injury, even knowing something had happened prior to watching the match, it's really difficult to pinpoint what happened.  Seems to be various opinions, ranging from Charlotte properly lamping her, or getting hit with a monitor (which is apparently wrong when shown from a different angle).  I think it was that really ugly table spot that they didn't show a replay of.  From then on she seemed utterly loopy.  If it was at that point, then Charlotte's decision to ragdoll her through another table WITH HER HEAD INCHES FROM A LADDER LYING UNDER IT seems pretty irresponsible.

And bringing it back to what I said at the start.  You've had this mixed match with the women main eventing, an absolute car crash, and a moment clearly the fans wanted to see.  Then you've got to shoehorn in 30 seconds of really awkward brawling, for a spot that looked shit,and got cut off a second later.  Just...why?

Edited by forameus

Found a stream for this after work this afternoon.

Opening match was excellent. Felt for Black and Murphy they were working hard. Good to see Bryan back to the yes movement.

Don’t know why wwe persist with women main evening ppv’s. They’d be better opening a show.