First Pints

7 hours ago, Bert Raccoon said:

Same here and normally about £1.50 a pint.

The Miller on draft and in cans was different pish from the MGD bottles you got, and still do. It was equally push though. I remember arguing with a mate when American beer first came out ie Schlitz, where's the sense in paying twice the price for half as much? But it was seen as cooler to have a wee can or bottle.

Until fairly recently I was a quantity man, I'm more quality now.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

Just now, Busta Nut said:

The amount of folk who seem to have got served in pubs 15 is frightening. I see 15 year olds these days. They are wee dicks. They'd get hunted if they even looked in a pub door.

A decline in hard paper rounds is to blame IMHO.

The amount of folk who seem to have got served in pubs 15 is frightening. I see 15 year olds these days. They are wee dicks. They'd get hunted if they even looked in a pub door.

Different/simpler times I guess. No mobile phones or cameras, nobody easily offended or upset by others actions, etc.

As in my recount, it was impossible for the barmaid to know we were not a couple of chancing kids. She just didn’t care and probably knew there was next to zero chance of any consequences. It was a country pub with a few older locals (the bigger boys went to the more trendy pub in the town).

I would agree that it would be virtually impossible to happen today.

Carlsberg £2 in the Watering Hole, just up from the train station. Place used to be absolutely mobbed with underagers before games.
Sadly, it's closed now. Even rumors there was a brothel next door but never ventured to see if it was true.
An absolutely colossal lie at the end there.

First pint I ever got served would've been in the Penny Farthing in Kirkcaldy before a Fife Derby, only got served because the pub was rammer though. 

That gave me the confidence to then start getting served weekly in the Legion though, before then I'd just got my taller mate to buy the pints. Would've been 15.

On 11/12/2019 at 15:44, Sergeant Wilson said:

The Miller on draft and in cans was different pish from the MGD bottles you got, and still do. It was equally push though. I remember arguing with a mate when American beer first came out ie Schlitz, where's the sense in paying twice the price for half as much? But it was seen as cooler to have a wee can or bottle.

Until fairly recently I was a quantity man, I'm more quality now.

Im like that with beer but have had to go the other way with women