Ayr vs Arbroath

The apathy towards the club due to the managerial decision has started to set in hence the poor crowds. The only thing that is going to increase crowds is getting back to winning. 
People are voting with their feet imo, Saturday will be more of a clearer indicator of how accurate crowds are currently

Let me just check the table........

Ayr are 4th. What’s with all the negativity ?
Cause we're blowing another big chance this season to fight for promotion when we know we have one of the most talented teams in the league on our day. Plus Mark Kerr is trying to add his own impetus to the team when there was f**k all wrong with it when McCall left.

Cause we're blowing another big chance this season to fight for promotion when we know we have one of the most talented teams in the league on our day. Plus Mark Kerr is trying to add his own impetus to the team when there was f**k all wrong with it when McCall left.

Is he? I think when we’re able to Kerr wants us to the play the way we were when McCall was here.

Let me just check the table........

Ayr are 4th. What’s with all the negativity ?

I think a large part of the problem is we’ve gone from regularly playing like we did against you guys at Gayfield to regularly playing like we did against you guys the other night in a very short space of time.

Honestly don't think there's any real difference between the poorer full time teams (everyone in this division minus Dundee United) and best part time ones tbh. They have an edge with the preparation and recovery etc and that's about it

Part timers are much more proffesional now and usually pretty experienced

Majority of our squad could easily get full time clubs if it suited their lifestyles

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

Is he? I think when we’re able to Kerr wants us to the play the way we were when McCall was here.

I would say it's up for debate so far, i mean there has been a change in results and performances since Kerr got the job imo, can put it down to injuries if you want but McCall had injuries piled up before he left and we were still doing well. Most alarming is the last 3 performances have been pathetic in terms of players desire to seemingly play with any urgency or intensity. At the end of the day that comes down to how the manager gees them up behind the scenes, Kerr comes across in his interivews as quite flat but hopefully in the dressing room he does provide some fire to the team. 

Only game under Kerr we've played really well was the Thistle game and players would have motivated themselves for that with the fact their old gaffer was coming back.

If the manager can't motivate the players then we're in trouble, this ain't any normal league where you can usually get away with an iffy spell of form relatively unharmed. A shit spell in this league and you'll go from top to bottom very quickly. We can't keep saying give him time cause you don't get much time in this league, that's my biggest worry with Kerr, he'd have been a better appointment for the summer to then have a pre-season to plan and prepare instead of thrown in at the deep end.

48 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Honestly don't think there's any real difference between the poorer full time teams (everyone in this division minus Dundee United) and best part time ones tbh. They have an edge with the preparation and recovery etc and that's about it

Part timers are much more proffesional now and usually pretty experienced

Majority of our squad could easily get full time clubs if it suited their lifestyles

100% agree, generally speaking the boys in our team who could easily play full time/ have turned it down in the past are better off financially having a decent job and playing part time than playing for the likes of... Ayr for example 

13 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

I would be pretty disappointed in the Ayr fans if there wasn't a couple of them trying to put McKenna off before taking the penalty tbh

Anyway hope WATTOO has recovered from the experience

Nah, it was more shock, depression and resignation to the inevitable.

Thanks though, I'm feeling better today.

Time is a great healer.........

14 hours ago, Smokie_Bacon_crisps said:

I'm pretty sure I'd rather have Bobby coming off early in most matches if it protects his overall fitness and health and in turn allowing him to keep playing at Gayfield for several more seasons.  Also probably less likely to get take out by a tired late tackle.   

You would never know Bobby is 34 the way he still skips past and torments full time opposition week in, week out.   He puts most players to shame with his enthusiasm and since he took up boxing outside of Football he has been on a different level. 

As Dick mentioned on Saturday, Bobby never wants to come off but with 3 huge games in a week you need to protect your best players.  

Agree with this, most would also agree that with 10/15 minutes to go it is frustrating to see the player most likely to get you a goal sitting on the bench but appreciate his age and 3 games in a week etc.

To caveat what you said about a tired defender making a late tackle, he could also cause more damage by beating a tired defender in a one on one and get us a crucial goal.

Just repeating what  I said earlier. You would have been hard pressed to tell which was the part time team. I thought Arbroath looked the fitter, stronger team in the 2nd half. Sure I heard a bunnet interview recently where he said his players essentially looked after their own fitness and he had no worries whatsoever in that regard. The main disadvantage was lack of time to work on tactics, set pieces etc.

14 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

The apathy towards the club due to the managerial decision has started to set in hence the poor crowds. The only thing that is going to increase crowds is getting back to winning. 

Again though, where are the shocking results ?

We generally are beaten at Palmerston, we always are beaten up at Inverness, we were narrowly beaten by a resurgent Dunfermline side after nearly a month without football and without a couple of our key players and a draw with Arbroath would be a typical result against a side more or less beside us in the league, not to mention the conditions were horrendous.

In the middle of all this we managed to skelp Partick with arguably our best 1st half performance of the season.

I agree we've not played well in the last couple of games, however it's FAR, FAR too early to start writing off Kerr, the players and our season in general..............

6 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Again though, where are the shocking results ?

We generally are beaten at Palmerston, we always are beaten up at Inverness, we were narrowly beaten by a resurgent Dunfermline side after nearly a month without football and without a couple of our key players and a draw with Arbroath would be a typical result against a side more or less beside us in the league, not to mention the conditions were horrendous.

In the middle of all this we managed to skelp Partick with arguably our best 1st half performance of the season.

I agree we've not played well in the last couple of games, however it's FAR, FAR too early to start writing off Kerr, the players and our season in general..............

Aye.  I know a lot of folk don't wan't Kerr but surely it was more weather related than boycotting due to the manager - we had something like 5 wins in 24 games from December to May last year and crowds never dropped anywhere near that low - have folk really chucked it already after 4 defeats in 7?  Not playing well but not exactly getting hammered week in week out either.  

4 minutes ago, Hursty said:

Aye.  I know a lot of folk don't wan't Kerr but surely it was more weather related than boycotting due to the manager - we had something like 5 wins in 24 games from December to May last year and crowds never dropped anywhere near that low - have folk really chucked it already after 4 defeats in 7?  Not playing well but not exactly getting hammered week in week out either.  

It would be pretty sad / pathetic if around 30% - 40% of our core support were just complete glory hunters, however like you, I don't believe this is the case.

I also don't remember any serious outrage over the appointment of Kerr and if I remember correctly there were some who didn't seem to want anyone !!

Maybe they were forgetting that we were a second tier Scottish club with one of the smallest budgets in the league but somehow thought that we'd manage to attract someone like Mourinho ??

Who knows what goes through these peoples heads, maybe spending too much time in the fantasy land of Championship Manager games.............