Ayr vs Arbroath

Whilst I understand that Ayr supporters were not happy with the result (only getting a draw against part timers), I think that they should maybe give a little more credit to the part timers. 

Arbroath are no longer the naive team that they were at the start of the season, new to the league and still finding their feet in the division. The  players, and management, have learned and adapted as the season has gone on, they play for each other and to each others strengths, they have a good work ethic, are adaptable and are now capable of competing with any team in this league. It also helps to have a player or two who can lift the team when things aren't going so well.

So although Ayr would have expected to win, after winning so well against us earlier in the season, we have learned from our mistakes and moved on. Ayr and their supporters need to do the same. 

38 minutes ago, SotesBornalichtie said:

Whilst I understand that Ayr supporters were not happy with the result (only getting a draw against part timers), I think that they should maybe give a little more credit to the part timers. 

Arbroath are no longer the naive team that they were at the start of the season, new to the league and still finding their feet in the division. The  players, and management, have learned and adapted as the season has gone on, they play for each other and to each others strengths, they have a good work ethic, are adaptable and are now capable of competing with any team in this league. It also helps to have a player or two who can lift the team when things aren't going so well.

So although Ayr would have expected to win, after winning so well against us earlier in the season, we have learned from our mistakes and moved on. Ayr and their supporters need to do the same. 

Totally agree and nothing against your guys, our infighting and annoyance is more to do with our own style of play changing and just sheer frustration as much as anything else.

You're right though, Arbroath are a very tidy and well organised team and your league position confirms that you are nobody's mugs. As I've said earlier, I don't think anyone of an Ayr persuasion could have grudged you the win on Tuesday night had you managed it as you undoubtedly had the better chances.

56 minutes ago, SotesBornalichtie said:

Was trying to make that point to my old man as he was ranting on yesterday - in the last month or so Arbroath have pumped Inverness 3-0 and drawn with Dundee, two results better than anything we have managed this season against those sides.   Yes I know we were pish etc but taken in isolation a draw with Arbroath on a shocker of a night is hardly the disaster some are making it. 

Incidentally he was having none of it and thinks that if Kerr doesnt get sacked we wont win another game all season and will be relegated by March but at least I tried haha