Ayr vs Arbroath

I think theres some serious overthinking of things if we're relying on a coin toss to help give us the best chance of winning a game of football.
Strong winds or not.

Exactly this, it is bizarre and incredibly worrying that we are basing our game plan on the toss of a coin.

As mentioned previously, surely we want our link players on who like to keep the ball on the ground and play it about in that kind of weather as opposed to just not getting up the pitch whatsoever.

When Mark Kerr was installed, I think we all hoped that the continuity in personnel would see the same in play style and results.

I don't think we are seeing this.

I'm sure he has his own ideas, but if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

He had (and still has) an excellent opportunity to keep with what was working, and tinker with what wasn't (ie, a plan B when the weather turns to shit) under McCall.

I really hope for his sake, and ours, that he goes back to basics as it actually looked like we had a style of play and identity about us that other teams genuinely feared.

Seems like we were banking on playing into the wind first half then bring on our attacking players for the second. Hell of a time to start losing the coin toss.

I found that quote from your manager bizarre. Base your plans on winning a coin toss? Never a manager - you’d better get rid of him quickly. Or not from our point of view.

Just seen the Ayr goal from last night and I still don't understand how it went in?

The wind has just taken it over the keepers head. Gaston should do better but without the horrific conditions last night that goal doesn’t happen.

I'm pretty sure I'd rather have Bobby coming off early in most matches if it protects his overall fitness and health and in turn allowing him to keep playing at Gayfield for several more seasons.  Also probably less likely to get take out by a tired late tackle.   

You would never know Bobby is 34 the way he still skips past and torments full time opposition week in, week out.   He puts most players to shame with his enthusiasm and since he took up boxing outside of Football he has been on a different level. 

As Dick mentioned on Saturday, Bobby never wants to come off but with 3 huge games in a week you need to protect your best players.  

22 hours ago, Smokerson said:

Stop taking Linn off please

42 minutes ago, Smokie_Bacon_crisps said:

I'm pretty sure I'd rather have Bobby coming off early in most matches if it protects his overall fitness and health and in turn allowing him to keep playing at Gayfield for several more seasons.  Also probably less likely to get take out by a tired late tackle.   

You would never know Bobby is 34 the way he still skips past and torments full time opposition week in, week out.   He puts most players to shame with his enthusiasm and since he took up boxing outside of Football he has been on a different level. 

As Dick mentioned on Saturday, Bobby never wants to come off but with 3 huge games in a week you need to protect your best players.  

Couldn't agree more! 

4 hours ago, BukyOHare said:

Do you not think that last night's crowd was equally both concerning and embarrassing?

Not embarrassing due to weather , but a very worrying trend in progress I think , about 500 less than expected last night , I would put it about 50/50 weather and performance related , but yes I would be concerned if I was on the board 

The apathy towards the club due to the managerial decision has started to set in hence the poor crowds. The only thing that is going to increase crowds is getting back to winning. 

Edited by ayrunitedfw

I never made it due to flooding on the trains last night, think a lot of people were also convinced it would be called off after the ICT debacle last season.

Our crowds will decline though if we keep this poor run going, just a pity they don't increase as quickly when we do well