Ayr vs Arbroath

23 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

Let's not start getting a reputation for being precious about things like this. If the crowd are giving it out then you've got to expect it coming back when the opposition score. Think Geggan when he scored against them at the Railway End, not many complaints that day, would it have excused the away support setting out their own justice in retort? No.

Anyway, in a home crowd of under 750 he probably couldn't fail to hear somebody munching on a packet of crisps let alone any verbals being aimed at him.

What a tinpot crowd that is btw, amazed nobody's brought it up. For all the chat on here of finding our own level heaven help us if that's what the town and county offers by way of support, to a full time team in the 2nd top league of our national sport. 

But they weren't, nobody uttered a word to anyone last night.

I don't care about "reputations", as I've already stated I hate this sort of behaviour from any player, including our own, and personally think that it's part of the reason for an upsurge in crowd trouble with people throwing things etc.

Were you there yourself last night ??

I don't care about "reputations", as I've already stated I hate this sort of behaviour from any player, including our own, and personally think that it's part of the reason for an upsurge in crowd trouble with people throwing things etc.

The Arbroath players celebrated right in front of me, I couldn’t have cared less. If you can’t stop yourself throwing something at someone you shouldn’t be allowed out of the house.

Personally I find it entertaining and would actively encourage it from our own players at appropriate times.

1 minute ago, No_Problemo said:

The Arbroath players celebrated right in front of me, I couldn’t have cared less. If you can’t stop yourself throwing something at someone you shouldn’t be allowed out of the house.

Personally I find it entertaining and would actively encourage it from our own players at appropriate times.

I don't like it and I'm not alone and I just feel there's no need for it in the game. By all means celebrate scoring a goal with your own supporters and team mates but don't run up to the opposition fans goading them.

I'm a paying customer and don't think I should be disrespected by a guy who's wages I'm indirectly paying.

I also have to stand through an announcement at every game telling me, the paying customer, that this that and the next thing won't be tolerated (which is fair enough), however if we the customers are to be held to this standard then I think it should apply even more so to the performers................

13 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Let's be honest though, football crowds have, since time began, given it out to players, sometimes their own team but generally the opposition.

Call it working class people going out with mates after a long week at work, generally it's harmless banter/ humour, but sometimes it crosses the line and becomes a criminal matter, because people can't control their emotions. 

Let players celebrate as they see fit, even more so if we go on and win. For me there's far more going on at home and abroad to get upset about.

What does it matter if I was there, incidentally?

8 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

I don't like it and I'm not alone and I just feel there's no need for it in the game. By all means celebrate scoring a goal with your own supporters and team mates but don't run up to the opposition fans goading them.

I'm a paying customer and don't think I should be disrespected by a guy who's wages I'm indirectly paying.

I also have to stand through an announcement at every game telling me, the paying customer, that this that and the next thing won't be tolerated (which is fair enough), however if we the customers are to be held to this standard then I think it should apply even more so to the performers................

Whit? 

37 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

He said the conditions made him change the team last night which I’d presume contained McCowan and Forrest.

However I agree that Moore shouldn’t be starting games.

Surely the conditions would have suited a team that would look to dictate play and look to keep the ball on the deck? Especially at home against a part time team, albeit an above average, in form and well organised one.

I honestly don't want this to turn into a bashing of Moore, he'll get my support when he plays like any other player. I just feel he's not as suited to that fluid link up play we had earlier in the season.

Surely the conditions would have suited a team that would look to dictate play and look to keep the ball on the deck? Especially at home against a part time team, albeit an above average, in form and well organised one.
I honestly don't want this to turn into a bashing of Moore, he'll get my support when he plays like any other player. I just feel he's not as suited to that fluid link up play we had earlier in the season.

Yeah but he had planned for us shooting against the wind in the first half and then bringing Forrest and McCowan on to shoot with the wind behind them. Arbroath fucked us by switching at the coin toss.

IMG_3352.jpg

13 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Oh dear mate. I think, and hope, you might be backtracking on this one later on. Emotions getting the better of you? Come on get away from that bad Arbroath man.

get well hug GIF

2 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

Let's be honest though, football crowds have, since time began, given it out to players, sometimes their own team but generally the opposition.

Call it working class people going out with mates after a long week at work, generally it's harmless banter/ humour, but sometimes it crosses the line and becomes a criminal matter, because people can't control their emotions. 

Let players celebrate as they see fit, even more so if we go on and win. For me there's far more going on at home and abroad to get upset about.

What does it matter if I was there, incidentally?

So players can do as they please to noise up fans but fans can't retaliate ?

This would have been fine a few years back but nowadays if you swear or shout abuse from the terraces you're risking ejection / lifted by the feds so I'm afraid what's good for the Goose has to be good for the gander.

The reason I asked if you were there was because you were slagging off our crowd last night so just wondered if you were one of us ??

This would have been fine a few years back but nowadays if you swear or shout abuse from the terraces you're risking ejection / lifted by the feds so I'm afraid what's good for the Goose has to be good for the gander.
The reason I asked if you were there was because you were slagging off our crowd last night so just wondered if you were one of us ??

I’ve never heard of folk being pulled up just for swearing.

Fans and players should be able to wind each other up without either party being offended and throwing shit. It’s not rocket science.

2 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

Oh dear mate. I think, and hope, you might be backtracking on this one later on. Emotions getting the better of you? Come on get away from that bad Arbroath man.

get well hug GIF

That's the problem though, the deck is stacked against the fans who are actually the paying bloody customers.

It could only happen in this country..............

Just now, WATTOO said:

I'm always one of us.

christmas love GIF by sofiahydman

Sorry but unless your stewards are the actual gestapo there’s no chance they are chucking you out, or asking “the feds” to lift you if you gave McKenna some probably deserved abuse after his celebration. I doubt McKenna thought a shhh would get quite this far under anyone’s skin tbh

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

I’ve never heard of folk being pulled up just for swearing.

Fans and players should be able to wind each other up without either party being offended and throwing shit. It’s not rocket science.

It's happened at Cappielow in the past but Yes, I agree if it's a level playing field.

1 minute ago, Lichtie78 said:

Sorry but unless your stewards are the actual gestapo there’s no chance they are chucking you out, or asking “the feds” to lift you if you gave McKenna some probably deserved abuse after his celebration. I doubt McKenna thought a shhh would get quite this far under anyone’s skin tbh

I just fcuckin hate that personally (in case you hadn't noticed).

Deli Ali, Morelos and Ashley Barnes are three disgusting scum barstewards who immediately spring to mind and I'd have them all tortured and then executed if I had my way.

6 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Yeah but he had planned for us shooting against the wind in the first half and then bringing Forrest and McCowan on to shoot with the wind behind them. Arbroath fucked us by switching at the coin toss.

I think theres some serious overthinking of things if we're relying on a coin toss to help give us the best chance of winning a game of football.

Strong winds or not.

1 minute ago, WATTOO said:

I just fcuckin hate that personally (in case you hadn't noticed).

Deli Ali, Morelos and Ashley Barnes are three disgusting scum barstewards who immediately spring to mind and I'd have them all tortured and then executed if I had my way.

I think you're seriously deflecting from last night or need to turn off your device and have a lie down. 

1 minute ago, BukyOHare said:

I think you're seriously deflecting from last night or need to turn off your device and have a lie down. 

In what respect ?

I had no problem at all with the result and thought Arbroath probably deserved to win.

Just now, WATTOO said:

In what respect ?

I had no problem at all with the result and thought Arbroath probably deserved to win.

That for a variety of reasons, both on and off the pitch,  the wheels on the caravan are becoming increasingly shoogly.

The fact that last night was being billed by some pre match as must win, do you not think that post match the consensus has turned into on balance, we were lucky to get a point. Alarming.