Ayr vs Arbroath

Just now, ayrunitedfw said:

Is he likely to be backed in January though? Has he been told there is money available to strengthn?

I'm 99.9% sure Cameron said on his last Facebook Q&A that whoever the new manager is would have a budget for January and on Saturday Kerr said he was waiting to hear back from him to see what it is. Although he did say that none of the players he wants have been made available yet. 

If they don't back him then it's there own fault and Kerrs finished already. There's some real deficiencies in this squad that Kerr needs to fix in order to stand a chance. He's a young manager effectively learning on the job so he needs some proper support from Cameron which I think he'll get. 

Irrespective of the weather, we were absolutely woeful tonight. I haven't seen anything that poor in years. We were also very poor on Saturday, and a week ago, and against QotS. Arbroath were very unlucky not to get the 3 points.

There is a severe lack of any sort of urgency. Arbroath were wanting that win so much more than us.

Kerr was brilliant on the pitch tonight, we have certainly missed his composure in the middle. But I'm afraid to say the Kerr as manager experiment has not worked, he's clearly out his depth and doesn't have an experienced assistant to help him. I feel sorry for him. How long are people prepared to give him? Until the end of the season and we've just avoided relegation? Or a run in League 1 and after a few months we're mid table? Or do the board and Lachlan hold their hands up and make a decision before any of those horrible situations happen? It's genuinely depressing how we've went a full 180 in the space of 2/3 months, from playing the best football I've ever seen Ayr play, to this. We need an experienced manager. But I'm sure the board will be happy with an 8th placed finish.

1 hour ago, jagfox99 said:

30 away fans. 

31 thank you very much - my old man arrived 40 minutes into the game after a rather delayed bus from Dundee - Glasgow held him up..... Poor b*****d :lol: 

Apologies to everyone I was meant to give updates too - my hands were absolutely frozen and it became impossible, a miserable night but an excellent Arbroath performance.

First half I felt we dealt with the wind extremely well, it was the sort of 45 minutes which summarises why we are where we are - organised, disciplined, kept our shape at all times and were unlucky to get in 1-0 down after a goal I'd say Gaston should be doing better at and outside of that he only had 1 save to make from what I remember.

Second half I thought we were superb with the wind, and if either team deserved to win the game I'd be us over the 90 minutes, but a draw probably fair. Unlike Ayr, we had a few shots and made him pull off 3/4 saves as well as hitting the woodwork twice and having one cleared off the line. The first 10/15 minutes after half time and mainly after we got the goal we dominated the game and were very unlucky not to go ahead at that point. Doris made the keeper make a very good save 2 minutes from the end before we agonisingly hit the woodwork again with virtually the last kick which really does leave me feeling a wee bit disappointed we didn't get the win, despite being delighted with a point overall.

Being in Somerset Park by yourself in the away end 45 minutes before kick off in the howling wind and rain when the teams aren't even out warming up yet and literally no other fans are in the ground does make you question what you're doing with your life but that performance, especially second half, means it's an certainly an evening well spent.

5 minutes ago, SimonLichtie said:

31 thank you very much - my old man arrived 40 minutes into the game after a rather delayed bus from Dundee - Glasgow held him up..... Poor b*****d :lol: 

Apologies to everyone I was meant to give updates too - my hands were absolutely frozen and it became impossible, a miserable night but an excellent Arbroath performance.

First half I felt we dealt with the wind extremely well, it was the sort of 45 minutes which summarises why we are where we are - organised, disciplined, kept our shape at all times and were unlucky to get in 1-0 down after a goal I'd say Gaston should be doing better at and outside of that he only had 1 save to make from what I remember.

Second half I thought we were superb with the wind, and if either team deserved to win the game I'd be us over the 90 minutes, but a draw probably fair. Unlike Ayr, we had a few shots and made him pull off 3/4 saves as well as hitting the woodwork twice and having one cleared off the line. The first 10/15 minutes after half time and mainly after we got the goal we dominated the game and were very unlucky not to go ahead at that point. Doris made the keeper make a very good save 2 minutes from the end before we agonisingly hit the woodwork again with virtually the last kick which really does leave me feeling a wee bit disappointed we didn't get the win, despite being delighted with a point overall.

Being in Somerset Park by yourself in the away end 45 minutes before kick off in the howling wind and rain when the teams aren't even out warming up yet and literally no other fans are in the ground does make you question what you're doing with your life but that performance, especially second half, means it's an certainly an evening well spent.

Well done to all Arbroath fans travelling in those atrocious conditions  with no guarantee game was going ahead , hope you all had a save journey home 

We'll be glad to avoid the playoffs, a good spell of 4 or 5 games for the bottom 2 and we're in trouble, anyone that thinks Kerr will/should cease playing shortly is off their head.

Stonewall penalty by the way. No idea why big Robbo is so raging about it.

Probably because it’s nowhere near a penalty.

The Arbroath player dives in just as Roscoe is punting it but the players don’t actually make contact with each other.

Probably because it’s nowhere near a penalty.

The Arbroath player dives in just as Roscoe is punting it but the players don’t actually make contact with each other.

That's just not true. 3:51 - 3:52 the defenders left leg swings and his foot rebounds back off mckennas shin before McKenna back leg even touches the defender

Thought the game was very entertaining at times, didn’t have an issue with it going ahead, there were conditions to be played by both teams. Thought the ref initially let loads go which helped the game but got a bit fussy towards the end.

Disappointed not to win but I would’ve taken a point before kick off.

That's just not true. 3:51 - 3:52 the defenders left leg swings and his foot rebounds back off mckennas shin before McKenna back leg even touches the defender

If anything that’s a foul the other way then.

Roscoe is going for the ball and McKenna comes through the side and makes contact with him and takes his leg away.