Ayr vs Arbroath

Just now, ayrunitedfw said:

As poor as were were I don’t think we can be overly critical. The conditions were a complete shambles and it was a lottery at times. 

Aye that's the pisser.

Kerr needed a result tonight and at half time I knew we were never going to win that with the conditions. It was the same last year against Ross County and a couple of years before that against Dumbarton.

2 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Does Robbo work for the club?

What difference does it make , I say what I think and NO I am not employed by the club , it’s just I am more a half full than half empty type of person

Edited by Robbo63

8 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

Totally incorrect , Mark Kerr complained very forcefully to the referee that the game should not be played , he was very dissatisfied with the refs decision as he knew it did not suit us 

I didn’t say Kerr wanted the game on, I said the club seemed to want it on.   From your earlier posts it seems that the club were inventing fairy stories about the wind dying down and pushing for the inspection to go ahead after Arbroath had set off which undoubtedly would have put pressure on the referee to go ahead.  The weather forecast hasn’t changed all day - bottom line is that the game should have been called off at lunchtime.

5 minutes ago, HMIP said:

I didn’t say Kerr wanted the game on, I said the club seemed to want it on.   From your earlier posts it seems that the club were inventing fairy stories about the wind dying down and pushing for the inspection to go ahead after Arbroath had set off which undoubtedly would have put pressure on the referee to go ahead.  The weather forecast hasn’t changed all day - bottom line is that the game should have been called off at lunchtime.

If you read earlier , Ayr asked for an early inspection which the SPFL over ruled and wanted the referee to make decision , the club did not want game on as they knew it was going to be a financial big loss as they knew crowd would be poor due to conditions , Ayr definitely wanted early inspection as it would have been called off then , as for fairy  stories the weather forecast was winds to die down after 5pm , even the referee said winds were to die down that’s why he passed the game fit to play , which was the wrong decision , a blind man could see that should never have been played 

Edited by Robbo63

4 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Struggling to defend  that performance even with the conditions, much as I'd like to.  Past few games there's something about us just looks completely lost at times.

Having Kerr & Bell back  does help though.

And they both made a difference tonight. Bell shored us up at the back and Kerr was pretty composed in the midfield. 

I'd be surprised if Muirhead wasn't dropped on Saturday. I saw Kerr having a go at him a few times for his passing although it was Roscoe that looked the most uncomfortable tonight. 

3 minutes ago, ASC1878 said:

Robbo63 seems like a really angry bloke

Not in the least mate , based on those conditions I am happy with a draw , just that I tend to deal with facts and not a lot of fiction that a number of posters like using 

Edited by Robbo63

1 minute ago, Lichtie78 said:

Looking forward to seeing the highlights from this, sounds like another decent performance from us. Ayr fans really that worried about Kerr in charge or a bit of knicker wetting going on?

It's a bit of both tbh. I think he needs until the end of the season before he can be properly judged. McCall bolted and left a very good starting XI but with very little depth, 3 or 4 guys that are constantly picking up knocks and a centre half that wouldn't get a game anywhere else in this league. 

As such I think he needs a transfer window and 3 or 4 fresh faces to make a proper go of it. 

7 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

It's a bit of both tbh. I think he needs until the end of the season before he can be properly judged. McCall bolted and left a very good starting XI but with very little depth, 3 or 4 guys that are constantly picking up knocks and a centre half that wouldn't get a game anywhere else in this league. 

As such I think he needs a transfer window and 3 or 4 fresh faces to make a proper go of it. 

Is he likely to be backed in January though? Has he been told there is money available to strengthn?