Ayr vs Arbroath

Just now, WATTOO said:

Yes agree. I don't know about Ayr but the rain has now slackened off a little in Glasgow but the Wind is definitely strengthening.

All in all a grim day / night !!

I'll be one of the 800 - 900 if it's on, but can't say I'm looking forward to it..................

I’ll be there too if it’s on. Might need the thermals and waterproofs! Never thought the game would be on when I woke up this morning. I’m actually shocked at then SPFL stance on the inspection when they were happy to call it off at 10am last Saturday 

12 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I’ll be there too if it’s on. Might need the thermals and waterproofs! Never thought the game would be on when I woke up this morning. I’m actually shocked at then SPFL stance on the inspection when they were happy to call it off at 10am last Saturday 

Probably don't have a local ref free to actually do the inspection....

Just now, itzdrk said:

Probably don't have a local ref free to actually do the inspection....

Just going to post similar, folk will be at work rather than sitting about waiting to inspect a pitch, pretty poor attitude towards both clubs and their fans.

17 minutes ago, AYRSHIRE_ANGUS said:

Given the stand is the same price as the terracing, and I think the season ticket lets you in too on an unreserved seat, you can choose to watch the game without getting soaked.

Some folk like their routines though!

It'll probably be the Somerset road end for me as I can't stand sitting down at the football if I can avoid it at all.

37 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

Just going to post similar, folk will be at work rather than sitting about waiting to inspect a pitch, pretty poor attitude towards both clubs and their fans.

No bother getting a local ref , the SPFL have dictated that inspection only needed  after yellow weather warning has expired , pitch is currently playable with wind not a major concern , if rain eases up in next hour there should be no issue , even though I agree we should still have the game off as it’s a lottery in the current conditions , local forecast from Prestwick Airport  is winds to die down from current 29mph to 20mph with some gusts and rain to ease off , but we all know that can change very quickly 

29 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Wonder what Mark Kerr thinks of the situation, not sure how Kerr ball is going to work in these conditions. If anything Arbroath will probably win because of the conditions

He'll need to make sure he's got a waterproof cover for his iPad if we're to win this.