Ayr vs Arbroath

1 minute ago, SimonLichtie said:

This is just absolutely set to be called off by an official who arrives at the ground at the back of 6 when the same decision could be made at 3.....

3 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

Arbroath leaving at 2pm , but disgrace for their fans 

It's rather ironic when some clown called the game off last Saturday morning when it thawed out perfectly and was as good a winters day as anyone could ever hope for, yet here we are trying to put it on when it's a miserable Tuesday night with Torrential rain and high winds and they expect people to make a 6 hour round trip for it as well.

What a joke...............

8 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Can’t believe they’re waiting until 5pm! Away fans and some home fans will have left by then. 5 hours before the original game they decided it wasn’t playable, absolute joke 

As a club we are in a no win situation, SFA dictates wither game is on or not ,as a club we cannot call game off , IMO decision should be made no later than 3pm 

7 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

As a club we are in a no win situation, SFA dictates wither game is on or not ,as a club we cannot call game off , IMO decision should be made no later than 3pm 

Yeah it’s definitely the “authorities” I blame. 3pm would be more sensible for the folk travelling a distance! Do you think it will go ahead? 

25 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Why would the SFA give even the tiniest f**k whether this game went ahead tonight or not?

Because it's "Super Ayr" and we're box office..................

5 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Yeah it’s definitely the “authorities” I blame. 3pm would be more sensible for the folk travelling a distance! Do you think it will go ahead? 

Personally at this moment in time looking at pitch I would say yes , but weather depending on next few hours , if game was at 3pm I believe ref would go ahead , great deal of pitch protected from wind biggest issue is how much rain falls  , in my opinion though I would prefer it was off , I watched a game on Saturday at amateur level and conditions were not much better than they are just now 

Edited by Robbo63

5 minutes ago, mccurdieboy said:

This game is a certain postponement in my eyes rain torrential and crazy winds.

Wind not an issue to game , but the current rainstorm is , if it stays on much longer pitch will be waterlogged , wind currently within stadium no worse than a windy day in Arbroath , but pitch beginning to get a bit wet , needs time to drain away , don’t get me wrong I do want the game off , will certainly be no advantage to us playing in that 

Edited by Robbo63

Wind not an issue to game , but the current rainstorm is , if it stays on much longer pitch will be waterlogged , wind currently within stadium no worse than a windy day in Arbroath , but pitch beginning to get a bit wet , needs time to drain away , don’t get me wrong I do want the game off , will certainly be no advantage to us playing in that 
Yeah I would never like to think the wind should be an issue but I think rain is a problem hopefully the right decision is made and if on come on you Honest Men

11 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Wonder why the SPFL have put on Twitter about Albion Rovers having an inspection but no mention of our game 

As they are a bunch of numpties , Ayr asked for an early inspection and were told that if they felt needed it would be later on in the day as that’s when the yellow weather warning was meant to end , utter nonsense on their behalf , no doubt fans will blame the club , but they have done all they can at this stage , if on we are predicting a crowd of around 900/1000 , about 500/600 down if this was a Saturday along with who really wants to stand outside in these conditions 

Edited by Robbo63

12 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

As they are a bunch of numpties , Ayr asked for an early inspection and were told that if they felt needed it would be later on in the day as that’s when the yellow weather warning was meant to end , utter nonsense on their behalf , no doubt fans will blame the club , but they have done all they can at this stage , if on we are predicting a crowd of around 900/1000 , about 500/600 down if this was a Saturday along with who really wants to stand outside in these conditions 

Numpties is too kind a word for them! Can’t understand why Albion are allowed a 3.30 inspection and we need to wait until 5! Yeah if it goes ahead attendance will be dreadful and rightly so. It certainly smacks of the ICT game scenario almost a year to the date 😞

4 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Numpties is too kind a word for them! Can’t understand why Albion are allowed a 3.30 inspection and we need to wait until 5! Yeah if it goes ahead attendance will be dreadful and rightly so. It certainly smacks of the ICT game scenario almost a year to the date 😞

Yes, we got as far as the turnstiles that night only to be told it was off !!!

3 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Yip me too. An absolute farce.

they should have had our inspection and Albion’s both at 3.30. 

Yes agree. I don't know about Ayr but the rain has now slackened off a little in Glasgow but the Wind is definitely strengthening.

All in all a grim day / night !!

I'll be one of the 800 - 900 if it's on, but can't say I'm looking forward to it..................