Ayr vs Arbroath

8 hours ago, ayrmad said:

Exactly, total bollocks, we choose to operate with the budget we have, full time part time, our choice, to suggest we're unique in world football is a crock of shite.

Yes, we have chosen a business model that is attempting to better the club in terms of league position and overall standing within Scottish football, but that isn’t sustainable with the low crowds we get. The same fans that complain about us not being ambitious or some other nonsense, are the exact same ones who’d be going tonto if we were about to go to the wall because we’d spent well above what we could afford, and it’s incredibly frustrating.

You either accept your place (we’re currently performing above it) or risk going bust. 

9 hours ago, ayrmad said:

Exactly, total bollocks, we choose to operate with the budget we have, full time part time, our choice, to suggest we're unique in world football is a crock of shite.

It’s obvious you don’t understand profit and loss accounts  , we chose a budget that does not work which is a fact , no one said we were unique ,we cannot life on our income alone , if the current owner walked away we would cease to trade as we would be bankrupt  

27 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Il be very surprised if this game is played tomorrow. Hopefully it is indeed called off around lunchtime as a poster said earlier in the thread. Get the game played in the new year

Wouldn't be surprised if a decision is left as late as possible, club struggling with cash flow as it is due to lack of home games over the past 6 weeks so every effort will be made for the game to be playable i would have thought.

11 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Wouldn't be surprised if a decision is left as late as possible, club struggling with cash flow as it is due to lack of home games over the past 6 weeks so every effort will be made for the game to be playable i would have thought.

It’s going to be left as late as possible , my understanding today is that Arbroath are happy for decision to be made at around 3pm, if it turns out like forecast predicts I would say very doubtful, biggest issue is going to be the wind 

15 hours ago, Robbo63 said:

It’s obvious you don’t understand profit and loss accounts  , we chose a budget that does not work which is a fact , no one said we were unique ,we cannot life on our income alone , if the current owner walked away we would cease to trade as we would be bankrupt  

The important part is "we chose a budget that does not work", we're choosing to pay people at a level that we can't sustain through income alone, I'm not in the boardroom twisting folks arms up their back to spend outwith our means, it's a choice the board are making. Spend what we make and we'll find our level, if that's league one or league 2 so be it, I'm certainly not into this "we can't survive" patter when teams with far far lower incomes manage to survive.

Edited by ayrmad

7 hours ago, ayrmad said:

The important part is "we chose a budget that does not work", we're choosing to pay people at a level that we can't sustain through income alone, I'm not in the boardroom twisting folks arms up their back to spend outwith our means, it's a choice the board are making. Spend what we make and we'll find our level, if that's league one or league 2 so be it, I'm certainly not into this "we can't survive" patter when teams with far far lower incomes manage to survive.

This is the key bit. Fair enough if you’re happy with that then can’t contest your point, but if we now suddenly decide to operate only our income and drop like a stone to the level that would be (middle/top end of League 1 probably) I think you’d be one of the very few that would be happy with it. 

6 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

This is the key bit. Fair enough if you’re happy with that then can’t contest your point, but if we now suddenly decide to operate only our income and drop like a stone to the level that would be (middle/top end of League 1 probably) I think you’d be one of the very few that would be happy with it. 

I never said I'd be happy about it, I'd accept it and expect us to look to improve our structure and find new revenue streams while improving existing ones.

It is to calm down slightly tonight (weather warnings for wind and rain expire at 5pm and 3pm respectively), probably to Arbroath seaside standards so there is still a chance.
Let's grow a pair and get this on!

Very wet and windy here in the west. The ground feels totally saturated with rain to come throughout the day. I will be surprised if Somerset is playable.
Gayfield has been unusually calm this winter just to confound its reputation as a wind tunnel.

8 minutes ago, HMIP said:

Hopefully this is postponed.  We need a win and playing in 40mph winds will just turn this into a lottery.

Strongly agree with this - pitch will be absolutely sodden and wind howling, game will become somewhat of a farce which benefits neither team or set of fans.

If it's going to be called off though, it has to be before 4PM or so....

Does the wind rule only apply when Ayr are at home? Would be surprised if Arbroath got many games on with the weather conditions up there 

Dunno how many times I need to repeat this, it's honestly only bad a couple times a season, when it's bad it's bad

This game being off might be ok for us. Fresh for Saturday

53 minutes ago, SimonLichtie said:

Strongly agree with this - pitch will be absolutely sodden and wind howling, game will become somewhat of a farce which benefits neither team or set of fans.

If it's going to be called off though, it has to be before 4PM or so....

Final decision will be made prior to Arbroath leaving which I think is around 3pm , pitch was checked at 10am and was not too bad , planning another check at 1pm and believe finally at 3pm I am led to believe , if we get the predicted downpour between 1-4 will be very doubtful, but weather not as bad as predicted so far