Caley Thistle v Ayr United - The Paul Sheerin Derby

5 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

4-4-2 anyone?

Did wonder that because there's a definite imbalance if you're playing Moffat or Moore in a wider position.

Let's be honest, we need to try something different against the well drilled organised machine that they are.

Even a draw will see me party like it's 1999......prince dancing GIF

Did wonder that because there's a definite imbalance if you're playing Moffat or Moore in a wider position.
Let's be honest, we need to try something different against the well drilled organised machine that they are.
Even a draw will see me party like it's 1999......200.gif&key=a271e1c120f71121333e740fb4ec6d219a069f013cd03afc00ba28e1d4eddd5d

Would also be bizarre given McGuffie is on the bench.

Obviously looking for a reaction.

Here's hoping.

I guess so. We’ll see. I hope to be eating my words soon...

4 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

I actually though McKenzie made a big difference when he came on as he gave us a focal point and actually held the ball up pretty well.

Yeah I agree. Thought he was the best outfield player...although that wouldn't be hard to do.

What a surprise! Wonder how many dismal performances it will take to make Kerr realise he has to play.

This is my only criticism of him. I get he wants to focus on management but we’re not half as good without him.

I still think he needs until the end of the season before we can judge him but if we slide out the play offs then he’ll have to be prepared to face some criticism. The one thing that’ll go in his favour is fans recognise we need 3 or 4 new faces and they’ll likely direct any anger towards Cameron before Kerr.

This is my only criticism of him. I get he wants to focus on management but we’re not half as good without him.

I still think he needs until the end of the season before we can judge him but if we slide out the play offs then he’ll have to be prepared to face some criticism. The one thing that’ll go in his favour is fans recognise we need 3 or 4 new faces and they’ll likely direct any anger towards Cameron before Kerr.

I think another criticism could be he’s playing our third worst option today.

First being as you said Kerr starting, in a 4-3-3.

Second being Geggan or Bell starting in a 4-3-3.

But we’ve went with sticking a full back out wide in a 4-4-2 away to one of the best sides in the league meaning we’re getting dominated yet again. Everyone else can see it so surely he does...

57% to 43% possession and nine shots to one - I mean it’s fucking blatant.

I think another criticism could be he’s playing our third worst option today.

First being as you said Kerr starting, in a 4-3-3.
Second being Geggan or Bell starting in a 4-3-3.

But we’ve went with sticking a full back out wide in a 4-4-2 away to one of the best sides in the league meaning we’re getting dominated yet again. Everyone else can see it so surely he does...

Yeah I would agree that leaving McGuffie out is a mistake although he’s probably just trying to leave himself with a couple of options to bring off the bench.

I don’t think he’s blind to the issues though. I think he knows that there’s glaring weaknesses in the squad especially in midfield and at centre back. The priority in January must be a central midfielder and a centre back that doesn’t treat the ball like a bomb at his feet.