Caley Thistle v Ayr United - The Paul Sheerin Derby

Yeah I would agree that leaving McGuffie out is a mistake although he’s probably just trying to leave himself with a couple of options to bring off the bench.

I don’t think he’s blind to the issues though. I think he knows that there’s glaring weaknesses in the squad especially in midfield and at centre back. The priority in January must be a central midfielder and a centre back that doesn’t treat the ball like a bomb at his feet.

I probably agree with you, thing is it’s incredibly frustrating as there’s things we can do to be a bit harder to beat than we currently are. How we are set up doesn’t help us going forward either. He needs to change it at HT.

7 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

The assistant manager clearly.

2-0 now, the current way is obviously working so well.

The asst manager is very inexperienced at this level. Whilst we miss Kerr I would rather he didn’t play until we had someone else on the sidelines

Just now, AUFC 1910 said:

Who was all on Inverness at the bookies?

Joking aside, it's still early days, but the signs are a bit worrying under Kerr.

Hopefully he can turn it around.

If we drop out the top 4, the knives will be out from a lot of our support.

He needs a few signings before he can be judged properly, but early sings of persisting with 2 up front and not making subs soon enough aren’t particularly encouraging.

The asst manager is very inexperienced at this level. Whilst we miss Kerr I would rather he didn’t play until we had someone else on the sidelines

It’s not as if you can do much from the touchline tbh. You can tweak things but nothing major.

I’m fine with McCardle on the touchline if it means Kerr gets on the pitch.

I’m assuming Forrest going off means he was utterly anonymous again.

Maybe if the manager set the team up to get the best out of players like Forrest, Kelly etc it would help.

He’s not really achieving much on the sideline at the moment. He can do far more on the park.