Auchinleck Talbot v Kilwinning Rangers

Talbot supporter

Good to see the highlights cleared some things up.To be honest, standing near the pie hut, it was never a penalty in a 100 years.Saying that, it was never a 6-1  drubbing as some Buffs fans believe. It could have  been 7 or 8.

Lots of talk about a penalty that had no real affect on the final outcome.  

Good advert for the juniors.  Some quality football in testing conditions from both sides, particularly build up play for Talbots goals.

A fine highlights package yet again from Talbot TV.  

Well done on clearing up that Shankland goal as a squad of buffs fans were greeting for affside, saying it changed the game etc.
At the time i thought the penalty was soft but did Wilson just get to the ball just before the defender? Tends to look like that on first viewing on the highlights. Next week maybe u don't get that penalty but never really had any bearing on the final outcome.

Talbot penalty yesterday was very soft indeed, but I'll take decisions like that when they're in our favour - any fan would. They even themselves out through the course of the season though, and the last dodgy penalty given against us cost a fourth round Scottish Cup tie against Falkirk, and a possible BBC live showing which would have netted us £32k. Puts it all into some kind of perspective.

Theres no chance Talbot v Falkirk would have been live on telly[emoji38]

Talbot penalty yesterday was very soft indeed, but I'll take decisions like that when they're in our favour - any fan would. They even themselves out through the course of the season though, and the last dodgy penalty given against us cost a fourth round Scottish Cup tie against Falkirk, and a possible BBC live showing which would have netted us £32k. Puts it all into some kind of perspective.

Talbot are such a fast moving aggressive fit team and with the sheer pace at which they play exciting to watch when they pummel teams into submission!Who knows what you have to do to get the better of them!

Edited by Lokloyal

Talbot are such a fast moving aggressive fit team and with the sheer pace at which they play exciting to watch when they pummel teams into submission!Who knows what you have to do to get the better of them!
Really fast passing and pace when we get the ball up front especially in the second half also great options on the bench

9 hours ago, Lokloyal said:

Not as good as darvel apparently, eh marvel??😂😂😂

20 hours ago, Talbot supporter said:
20 hours ago, Lokloyal said:

Really fast passing and pace when we get the ball up front especially in the second half also great options on the bench

Especially when you contrast the substitutes for both clubs. The Buffs hardly contributed, we had quality like Jamie Glasgow coming on. Talking of subs, Tucker brought on Stevie White again, just to make sure nothing untoward happened defensively, and his contribution and amazing workrate were phenomenal.

Especially when you contrast the substitutes for both clubs. The Buffs hardly contributed, we had quality like Jamie Glasgow coming on. Talking of subs, Tucker brought on Stevie White again, just to make sure nothing untoward happened defensively, and his contribution and amazing workrate were phenomenal.
Yes and still got good players that never even got on

3 hours ago, TFW said:

That's because Talbot, through success, have generated a lot of income that pays the wages of a very large squad of players. Talbot can probably put out a second team that would be competitive in the league. That, and success makes it easier to attract the best players. Talbot are like Rangers or Celtic now, miles ahead of the opposition. That doesn't mean to say that in one of games that they can't be gotten at. I still think the Buffs have a chance to win the league despite our limited resources, couldn't even fill the bench on Saturday. As I've said already on here, my expectation was to stay in the league this season, therefore, our achievement in getting to the top of the league is for me pretty remarkable. Saturday was the first away league game we have lost this season, says a lot. Onwards and upwards COYB.

Totally on the money Funky Monkey. Noticed at half time Talbot had nine players kicking a ball around - Buffs had 2 and I doubt if Sam was fit. Best Buffs XI this season (think we started with 9 or 10 of them) will give Talbot a game but thought it was a massive task when Fleming went off. All credit to the lads they gave it a go but Talbot were unplayable once Glasgow came on. 

I think Tommy Sloan might have assembled the best squad of players the Juniors has seen both in terms of quality and strength in depth. Most of them could play Senior and the “reserves” would be automatic choices for any other junior club in the top division. In short Talbot now are effectively a Senior team operating in the junior ranks.