Auchinleck Talbot v Kilwinning Rangers

Talbot supporter

I thought Buffs controlled the game for half hour either side of half time. We played some good stuff. Missed a couple of good chances through Monti and Lewis when we were on top. A combination of Glasgow coming on and a pinball third goal knocked the stuffing out of a relatively young buffs team and that was that. Never a 6-1 game. Buffs will learn from this one, onto Glencairn next week and a chance to get back on track. Proud of the effort from the team today, no shame in losing at Beechwood. One game doesn't define a season, onwards and upwards COYB 

Edited by funky monkey

4 minutes ago, funky monkey said:

I thought Buffs controlled the game for half hour either side of half time. We played some good stuff. Missed a couple of good chances through Monti and Lewis when we were on top. A combination of Glasgow coming on and a pinball third goal knocked the stuffing out of a relatively young buffs team and that was that. Never a 6-1 game. Buffs will learn from this one, onto Glencairn next week and a chance to get back on track. Proud of the effort from the team today, no shame in losing at Beechwood. One game doesn't define a season, onwards and upwards COYB 

So Buffs controlled 60 minutes of that game you say, Holy f**k.

First half was even, Talbot slightly edging it I would say. Kilwinning came out flying in the second half and did control the opening  15 minutes and got a deserved equaliser. After that they never got another shot on goal and Talbot destroyed them

Were you watching the same game as me [emoji50]

The only time I was concerned was from the start of the second half up until the Buffs scored.Monti had a half chance in the first half.He fluffed a header because he was expecting McCracken to clear it.

Early second half your player one one with the keeper which was saved, was the only clear chance I can recall apart from Monti scoring a good goal from a set piece.Tucker made some changes and what an impact Glasgow made.Immediately  after the subs were on Talbot moved up a gear, with  the ball being played more accurately  to feet and at pace.

And obviously with the game ending 6-1 we were run away winners.

Bit disappointed with today's result being honest with myself wasn't expecting anything today but you go supporting your team and hope you can get something , didn't think we would lose 6.1 but after the controversial 2nd goal went in there was only one winner as we collapsed under a bombarded of talbot pressure the substitution bringing Glasgow on made the difference. On the 2nd goal some claiming offside but would like to see the highlights to see if this was the case same as the penalty . So over the 90 minutes we were well beaten in the end . Still think we are well in the title race as we won't be playing teams like talbot every week and we have played them twice we have 13 games left and still have a good lead so we must put today's disappointment to bed and look to take 3 points next Saturday at home to rutherglen .

2 minutes ago, andy25 said:

What was controversial about the second goal as it certainly wasn't offside?

Says you they were plenty claims for offside and I'm sure the video will prove one way or another so that's why it's controversial.

For folk who were saying it was never a 6-1 game, get a grip, that's what the score was regardless of any conspiracy theories.

The penalty apart, and I'll hold my hands up here, I didn't think it was one, but the highlights might clear it up. It didn't affect the outcome of the game, given we were 4-1 up and coasting at the time. The other six goals were all quality, including Monti's.

Jamie Glasgow certainly made one hell of an impact when he came on and he's been crying out for that kind of performance for a wee while, so here's hoping he's back to his very best again, because let's face it, he's not a bad substitute to bring on. It says volumes about Talbot's strength in depth though that Keir Samson wasn't on the pitch at all today.

Lastly, I witnessed the finest old fashioned type centre forward I've seen in decades, at our grade, from Graham Wilson today. He was unplayable at times  great control, lovely one touch passes, holding the ball up well to bring others into play, lay offs and flick ons, plus a hat trick. He was absolutely outstanding. His game has improved this season, but the goals haven't been coming like last, but if today's anything to go by I think there's going to be a few defences in for a torrid time in the weeks ahead.

Kilwinning were claiming for that much that I lost track of all their claims [emoji846]

Says you they were plenty claims for offside and I'm sure the video will prove one way or another so that's why it's controversial.

I thought Talbot played better football in the second half than recently and that freed up their attacking skills. Both Shankland and especially G Wilson on todays form will destroy most defences. I can see what some punters are saying about the 2nd goal and I was too far away to comment on the penalty, buy it was the speed of attack. the intensity and 1st touches that created the opportunities/

I don’t support either but went to see it. Buffs number 9 misses a sitter by ducking under the ball a few minutes before half time when about five yards out in the middle of the goal. A few minutes into the second half another sitter is missed by buffs.
Buffs score a free kick that Talbot keeper needs to have a word with himself about and make it one each when they should have been 2-1 up by that time.
Shankland then scores a goal that may or may not have been offside. I was directly behind the goal so can’t say for certain one way or the other. Glasgow comes on and Talbot are reinvigorated and dominate from there on in.
The penalty was a penalty no question. Defender plays the man and then get a touch of the ball after Wilson has been felled. It’s a very harsh yellow though as he wasn’t far away from getting the ball first. Good game to watch

Talbot deserved the win but that pen was as terrible a decision as I've seen. Won the ball and was barely a foul. Game was done by then but was a horrendous award

I don’t support either but went to see it. Buffs number 9 misses a sitter by ducking under the ball a few minutes before half time when about five yards out in the middle of the goal. A few minutes into the second half another sitter is missed by buffs.
Buffs score a free kick that Talbot keeper needs to have a word with himself about and make it one each when they should have been 2-1 up by that time.
Shankland then scores a goal that may or may not have been offside. I was directly behind the goal so can’t say for certain one way or the other. Glasgow comes on and Talbot are reinvigorated and dominate from there on in.
The penalty was a penalty no question. Defender plays the man and then get a touch of the ball after Wilson has been felled. It’s a very harsh yellow though as he wasn’t far away from getting the ball first. Good game to watch

Agree that the offside is no longer up for debate. The boy at the left hand side is playing him onside. I stand by the penalty. I was behind the goal directly in line with it. Wilson plays the ball to move it away from the defender defender plays Wilson then the ball. Harsh booking.

8 minutes ago, Wile E Coyote said:

Well the video clears up the offside. If you pause it when Glasgow back heels it Shankland is a mile onside.

Still not totally convinced by the penalty though

Yes got to agree no offside but the penalty decision is embarrassing .

Edited by wow-wee