Auchinleck Talbot v Kilwinning Rangers

Talbot supporter

Let's dispel the myth about limited resources at the Buffs for once and for all. You wouldn't have the likes of Monti playing for peanuts were that the case.

Our squad is of 21 players, the same as your own, so any disparity in numbers on the bench on Saturday wasn't because you can't afford the same squad numbers at ourselves.

I do think that last season, and this season to some extent we have been playing very well, constantly, but that's down to Tucker getting the best out of the squad and buying in to the club ethos. When you say it makes it easier for us to attract the best players, do please tell me where we get them from? Brian Boylan apart, I can't remember us signing a big name player for a long while. We recruited Bryan in the close season, along with players from Irvine Vics (Hamish McKinley) Corey Pearson (Peasy)  Kieran Healey  (Renfrew) Dylan Young (Rob Roy) and Aiden Wilson (Caledonia Braves, previously Edusport Academy) These young players have all been blooded, and importantly allowed to play in games such as the League Cup Final so they all got winners medals in their first season. It teaches them the benefit of having to bide their time to get regular first team football at the highest level. These players are the next generation Talbot. That's how and why we win things, by long term planning, not splashing the cash to get the odd superstar who never delivers.

1 hour ago, TFW said:

Let's dispel the myth about limited resources at the Buffs for once and for all. You wouldn't have the likes of Monti playing for peanuts were that the case.

Our squad is of 21 players, the same as your own, so any disparity in numbers on the bench on Saturday wasn't because you can't afford the same squad numbers at ourselves.

I do think that last season, and this season to some extent we have been playing very well, constantly, but that's down to Tucker getting the best out of the squad and buying in to the club ethos. When you say it makes it easier for us to attract the best players, do please tell me where we get them from? Brian Boylan apart, I can't remember us signing a big name player for a long while. We recruited Bryan in the close season, along with players from Irvine Vics (Hamish McKinley) Corey Pearson (Peasy)  Kieran Healey  (Renfrew) Dylan Young (Rob Roy) and Aiden Wilson (Caledonia Braves, previously Edusport Academy) These young players have all been blooded, and importantly allowed to play in games such as the League Cup Final so they all got winners medals in their first season. It teaches them the benefit of having to bide their time to get regular first team football at the highest level. These players are the next generation Talbot. That's how and why we win things, by long term planning, not splashing the cash to get the odd superstar who never delivers.

Ok so that's how talbot operate they sign players out of contract and that means no transfer fee but you still pay them a wage ! So that now brings the question in your estimation what would you say is talbots weekly wage bill for player's and management ?

Ok so that's how talbot operate they sign players out of contract and that means no transfer fee but you still pay them a wage ! So that now brings the question in your estimation what would you say is talbots weekly wage bill for player's and management ?

2 bottles of Curries Red Cola per player and the love of the club[emoji106]

That's because Talbot, through success, have generated a lot of income that pays the wages of a very large squad of players. Talbot can probably put out a second team that would be competitive in the league. That, and success makes it easier to attract the best players. Talbot are like Rangers or Celtic now, miles ahead of the opposition. That doesn't mean to say that in one of games that they can't be gotten at. I still think the Buffs have a chance to win the league despite our limited resources, couldn't even fill the bench on Saturday. As I've said already on here, my expectation was to stay in the league this season, therefore, our achievement in getting to the top of the league is for me pretty remarkable. Saturday was the first away league game we have lost this season, says a lot. Onwards and upwards COYB.
Not wanting to sound cheeky here but Talbot run their club very effectively unlike a certain Kilwinning Rangers that was in a boom and bust situation not that long ago.
I would, instead of saying Talbot are way ahead concentrate on getting your own club back to the top?
I'm sure plenty of very good player out there would turn up and play for the buffs of given the opportunity.

7 minutes ago, Boswelldriver said:

Not wanting to sound cheeky here but Talbot run their club very effectively unlike a certain Kilwinning Rangers that was in a boom and bust situation not that long ago.
I would, instead of saying Talbot are way ahead concentrate on getting your own club back to the top?
I'm sure plenty of very good player out there would turn up and play for the buffs of given the opportunity.

That was 20 years ago! 😀

We have concentrated on getting our club back to the top, cementing our place in the top league again after a few years in the wilderness. Going about it the right way at KSC, building for the future through the pathway.

The club is living within its means, despite what some may think.

2 hours ago, TFW said:

We don't have a squad of 21 players.

Goes without saying that what Talbot achieve is to be respected. However, there's no doubt that Talbot as a club are getting to a level that is outstripping the juniors and we're all struggling to keep up. That's not Talbot's problem of course, but very soon it's going to get boring for Talbot fans as there'll be a lack of a challenge to keep things interesting. The Buffs have given it a go this season and we'll keep on going, I'm sure most in junior football want to see any club stopping Talbot running away with everything.

Edited by funky monkey

Goes without saying that what Talbot achieve is to be respected. However, there's no doubt that Talbot as a club are getting to a level that is outstripping the juniors and we're all struggling to keep up. That's not Talbot's problem of course, but very soon it's going to get boring for Talbot fans as there'll be a lack of a challenge to keep things interesting. The Buffs have given it a go this season and we'll keep on going, I'm sure most in junior football want to see any club stopping Talbot running away with everything.
Talbot fans getting bored m8?? Are you kidding?? Junior cup finals, cup finals, chasing down rivals in the league, Senior cup runs and watching a host of quality players who are proud to play for the village.

If we win easy then opposition fans say oh it's too easy yous need to step up but it's no that easy as most talbot fans will know. we got beat 3nil fae the Glens a couple of weeks ago and probably won't here the end of that from them lol, and I don't go into these games thinking it will be easy. When it comes to playing the big teams in the league there is no certainties.

4 hours ago, funky monkey said:

That's funny, the programme from the game on Saturday has Strain; Markey; McCloskey; McGowan; Syme; Agnew; Maitland; Whyte; Lewis; Mclaughlin; McWaters; Frye; Lynch; Jonshton; Monti; Hanvey; Tan; Flemming; Currag; Wilson and McColm listed. That, in my books, makes 21 players? Of course, the programme editor has to rely on info from the visiting club for the team line ups, so what really is the score with your squad?

19 minutes ago, TFW said:

That's funny, the programme from the game on Saturday has Strain; Markey; McCloskey; McGowan; Syme; Agnew; Maitland; Whyte; Lewis; Mclaughlin; McWaters; Frye; Lynch; Jonshton; Monti; Hanvey; Tan; Flemming; Currag; Wilson and McColm listed. That, in my books, makes 21 players? Of course, the programme editor has to rely on info from the visiting club for the team line ups, so what really is the score with your squad?

McLaughlin now with cumnock,  lynch 16 year old dual contract, Johnston the same dual contract, tan now with saltcoats , currah now with dalry , Wilson back playing amateur with kilbride  you can add Stuart who we signed from dalry last week and Hewitt who is on loan from Ayr United .

Edited by wow-wee

21 hours ago, Talbot supporter said:

If we win easy then opposition fans say oh it's too easy yous need to step up but it's no that easy as most talbot fans will know. we got beat 3nil fae the Glens a couple of weeks ago and probably won't here the end of that from them lol, and I don't go into these games thinking it will be easy. When it comes to playing the big teams in the league there is no certainties.

That's the kind of post I would expect from any decent Talbot fan. I'm very pleased to read that. Restores my faith a bit after some of the nonsense posted following last Saturday's game. A bit of respect goes a long way, both for Talbot and for the opposition. In as much as Talbot are a phenomenon in the junior game, there is on occasion, a small minority of Talbot fans who seem to have adopted both a sense of entitlement and disregard for the opposition that does the junior game we all love no favours 

1 hour ago, Killiepiyo said:

Talbot have no more boasters per head than any other team who get the result they want. 

Really? That's not how I see it, but you are entitled to your opinion as am I. Did you not switch allegiance from Hurlford to Talbot?

That's the kind of post I would expect from any decent Talbot fan. I'm very pleased to read that. Restores my faith a bit after some of the nonsense posted following last Saturday's game. A bit of respect goes a long way, both for Talbot and for the opposition. In as much as Talbot are a phenomenon in the junior game, there is on occasion, a small minority of Talbot fans who seem to have adopted both a sense of entitlement and disregard for the opposition that does the junior game we all love no favours 
Yes because we have been spoilt with success over the years, I do think tucker has built one of the strongest squads we have had in while and we were able to cope with the amount of league games at the end of last season however Talbot fans will know how difficult it is going to these teams away in midweek to try and win a league, the players were on there last legs and managed it last season and will be very difficult to repeat it this season, time will tell.