Weather watch 7 Dec

I'm not there but.... 

Apparently two players(one from each side) got into a bust up and were sent off. As they went off another Preston player went for one of our lads leading to everyone piling in. 

I believe the ref had lost control before this and decided enough was enough. 

As I say I'm not there. 

Very troubling if true. Until the Peebles-Easthouses stoppage-time melee last season it was (IIRC) over a decade since an EOSL game was last abandoned for any sort of disorder on the pitch.

On that occasion... Dalbeattie v Edinburgh City in May 2008... City striker Jean Ferreira actually attacked the match official and left Islecroft in handcuffs. Ferreira was training to be a ref!

Edited by HibeeJibee

On 07/12/2019 at 18:45, HibeeJibee said:

Very troubling if true. Until the Peebles-Easthouses stoppage-time melee last season it was (IIRC) over a decade since an EOSL game was last abandoned for any sort of disorder on the pitch.

This is what happens when you let in all the ex-Junior riff-raff...

It depends "who did what" and can also depend on what body deal with it as such matters can be taken-up by SFA. Last season Peebles v Easthouses was dealt with by SFA compliance officer and their judicial panel who found equally against both clubs and fined each £750. Abandoned game was struck and match replayed.