Dumbarton v Montrose

The poster before me claimed that
Aye, I mean to quote his post aswell as yours as my response was more towards him than yourself.

In other news Carswell misses out through injury and Langan still can't get a start. I'm really baffled as to what he's done wrong to deserve being frozen out.

19 minutes ago, aftershocker said:

Awful performance... Montrose were first to every ball

OG probably summed up the performance

Hagi said just that post-match.

Credit to Montrose. They were the far, far better team and thoroughly deserved the three points. Right from 1 to 11 we didn't perform - but a lot of that was down to how well the Angus Azzurri were set up.

Stinking day at the office for us.
Thought Hutton did not bad but that was really it I’m afraid.
Mccluskey is rotten, absolutely nae heart and should’ve shot that chance when he cut inside onto his left instead of playing a shitebag pass to no one.
Crossan extremely frustrating, just not on a good spell of form at all, there’s a player in there but today he was nowhere near at it.
The OG was extremely poor from Brennan. The ball was the keepers all day long and he should have been absolutely screaming for it, communicating to McGeever, on the wet slick pitch today it would’ve went straight through to him. Instead we made a colossal arse of it.
Big Isaac extremely isolated up front yet again, working hard but every time he gets the ball he’s surrounded by 3 defenders.
We were second to everything today and Montrose deserved their victory, big Sean Dillion strolled it and Blair Lyons caused us major problems with his pace.

1 hour ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Hagi said just that post-match.

Credit to Montrose. They were the far, far better team and thoroughly deserved the three points. Right from 1 to 11 we didn't perform - but a lot of that was down to how well the Angus Azzurri were set up.

Pantomime Villains to time wasting b@stard$ to Angus Azzurri in the space of three months. Looks like we're going in the right direction. 

Delighted I decided to stay in the house doing absolutely f**k all rather than attend this.

I'm not surprised to see Crossan was hooked after 50 odd minutes. How he managed to bag himself a start over Langan (who is a more suitable replacement for the injured Carswell) is beyond me. He's been woeful for months.

What's the script with Duffy? Was he not there today?

Absolutely woeful from us to day, front to back. The weather was horrific but there’s no excuse there as Montrose coped with it pretty well. Outplayed in every position by a team who wanted it far more than we did.

No excuses.

I’m really not wanting to single out one player as everyone was poor but there’s a few already mentioned who need punted at the next available opportunity.

Credit to Montrose. Well up for it from the off and fully deserving of the points. Keeper with a bit of game management may frustrate but if a poor referee isn’t prepared to deal with that then why wouldn’t he?!

We need a response next week.

20 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Delighted I decided to stay in the house doing absolutely f**k all rather than attend this.

I'm not surprised to see Crossan was hooked after 50 odd minutes. How he managed to bag himself a start over Langan (who is a more suitable replacement for the injured Carswell) is beyond me. He's been woeful for months.

What's the script with Duffy? Was he not there today?

He was there, but watched the second-half (I think) from the stand. Nipped off bang on full-time and Hagi did his media stuff.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/local-news/dumbarton-0-2-montrose-mcpherson-21047580

Crossan was miles off it today by the way. There's a player in there, but he needs to realise that you cannot attempt to skin a defender every single time you touch the ball. Lost count of the amount of times he lost possession. 

He was there, but watched the second-half (I think) from the stand. Nipped off bang on full-time and Hagi did his media stuff.
https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/local-news/dumbarton-0-2-montrose-mcpherson-21047580
Crossan was miles off it today by the way. There's a player in there, but he needs to realise that you cannot attempt to skin a defender every single time you touch the ball. Lost count of the amount of times he lost possession. 
Disturbing echoes of the East Fife defeat today - when the decent players don't bring along our more modest talents we add up to not a lot.

All it then takes is a fit, physical, committed and organised team to overcome us, and Montrose fitted that description in fine style today.

Having said that, whoever thought that a lightweight trio of Frizzell, McLuskey and Crossan was a good idea, merely confirmed that the latter pair are now underperforming on far too regular a basis.

Money will likely be an issue, as always, but I hope Jim Duffy is trying hard to shuffle the squad in January. And he could do worse than seriously consider the goalkeeping situation.

15 hours ago, PortyMo said:

Pantomime Villains to time wasting b@stard$ to Angus Azzurri in the space of three months. Looks like we're going in the right direction. 

Don't mean to burst that bubble, but you guys were the Angus Azzurri in my eyes last season too. I absolutely love the way Petrie has you playing - it's brilliantly frustrating for opposition fans.