Dumbarton v Montrose

It's a weird season. We were all expecting relegation during the summer as we saw the bodies roll in, but we've done really well considering the overhaul we've had and the reputation of some of the players we brought in. We're scoring enough goals, games have been relatively entertaining, yet absolutely nobody is enthused about attending, despite us being in with a shout of 4th spot. Any other season we've been in this sort of position everyone's been full of excitement and patter. Just feels like we're going through the motions at the moment.

It's a weird season. We were all expecting relegation during the summer as we saw the bodies roll in, but we've done really well considering the overhaul we've had and the reputation of some of the players we brought in. We're scoring enough goals, games have been relatively entertaining, yet absolutely nobody is enthused about attending, despite us being in with a shout of 4th spot. Any other season we've been in this sort of position everyone's been full of excitement and patter. Just feels like we're going through the motions at the moment.
There's definitely something of a post-Championship hangover still going on, but I get the feeling that if we can somehow stabilise financially whilst getting shot of Brabco then things will start to look up.

In P & B terms, Montrose, Forfar, etc., are decent clubs on and off the park and don't wind us up like the perma-seething fannies such as Falkirk and St Mirren.

Very much this. Although I would argue we can be boring to watch at times and don't tend to possess many 'flair' players. Not that I'm complaining I've always been a results over fancy football kinda guy. In an ideal world you'd have both but that's fairly hard to come by when you support Dumbarton.

I've personally found my interest to be very low this season, and the last few matches I've attended I've been sitting there thinking I'd quite happily be doing something else with my Saturday afternoon and I can't really put my finger on why. The cup tie against Forfar in particular was a real drag and that's despite a positive result.

I think OKI makes a good point about the off the field stuff and the Championship hangover. I'm happy with how the season is progressing after what I thought was a guaranteed relegation battle (that may still happen) but I'm still struggling to muster up enthusiasm.

Difficult game to call as Dumbarton have ground out results this season and were worthy winners at Links Park previously. Last week against Raith, Montrose played in a most one sided game where they had 62% possession, but its goals that win the game. I'm going for a 2-1 scoreline, but for who I am undecided as its another close call!

11 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Very much this. Although I would argue we can be boring to watch at times and don't tend to possess many 'flair' players. Not that I'm complaining I've always been a results over fancy football kinda guy. In an ideal world you'd have both but that's fairly hard to come by when you support Dumbarton.

I've personally found my interest to be very low this season, and the last few matches I've attended I've been sitting there thinking I'd quite happily be doing something else with my Saturday afternoon and I can't really put my finger on why. The cup tie against Forfar in particular was a real drag and that's despite a positive result.

I think OKI makes a good point about the off the field stuff and the Championship hangover. I'm happy with how the season is progressing after what I thought was a guaranteed relegation battle (that may still happen) but I'm still struggling to muster up enthusiasm.

I think interest peaked when we were top of the table for about20 mins .Sine then patchy results and performances have seen us slide down to mid table and most fans clearly cant be bothered.Furthermore having no core team doesnt help.Our squad changes radically year in year out so we cant get attached to any one player.E.g if Layne keeps up his good form he will be off for sure come May.But as mentioned above our fans crave Championship football again and cant be assed  with the seaside leagues.

On a personal note i like our team this year as i can only describe them as 'THE DIRTY DOZEN '(OKAY 11 THEN).A band of jobbers misfits and  untried youngsters.An odd squad but Duffy has been doing well with them.As said above no one expected it

Any Dumbarton fan who can't be arsed with the seaside leagues really does have a lot to learn
Have any Dumbarton fans made such a claim?

Any supporters over the age of about 15 have spent the majority of their lives watching us slog our way through seasons in the seaside leagues.

One of my most enjoyable seasons watching Dumbarton was when we finished at the arse end of the old 3rd Division. There are more factors at play here than what league we are playing in.

I think interest peaked when we were top of the table for about20 mins .Sine then patchy results and performances have seen us slide down to mid table and most fans clearly cant be bothered.Furthermore having no core team doesnt help.Our squad changes radically year in year out so we cant get attached to any one player.E.g if Layne keeps up his good form he will be off for sure come May.But as mentioned above our fans crave Championship football again and cant be assed  with the seaside leagues.
On a personal note i like our team this year as i can only describe them as 'THE DIRTY DOZEN '(OKAY 11 THEN).A band of jobbers misfits and  untried youngsters.An odd squad but Duffy has been doing well with them.As said above no one expected it

I think the quality in our squad has been a bit understated to be honest. In theory the likes of Tumilty, Frizzell, Carswell, Hutton and McKee should all be standout players at league 1 level. If our 2 centre backs had the slightest hint of footballing feet and we had a reliable backup striker - I would argue the team look pretty strong.

Have any Dumbarton fans made such a claim?

Any supporters over the age of about 15 have spent the majority of their lives watching us slog our way through seasons in the seaside leagues.

One of my most enjoyable seasons watching Dumbarton was when we finished at the arse end of the old 3rd Division. There are more factors at play here than what league we are playing in.

The poster before me claimed that