Dundee United V Alloa

42 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

Thanks, I am happy. 

Me too.

Enough chances to win 3 games, and just some very decent keeping and somewhat less than clinical finishing away from a far more comfortable win.

Not complaining about Shankland not playing, but can’t help but feeling that given the number of balls into the box that we were allowed to put in, Shanks would have scored a barrowload today.

Quick question to Alloa fans. The amount of space our wide players had today was fucking ridiculous. You were constantly inviting us to play out wide, where we tend to be quite dangerous. 

Is this your usual style?

ETA - Hats off to Nicky Clark. Yet another goal today. His goal to game tally must not be too far behind Shankland surely.

EATA - It is.

Edited by MacArab

23 minutes ago, MacArab said:

Me too.

Enough chances to win 3 games, and just some very decent keeping and somewhat less than clinical finishing away from a far more comfortable win.

Not complaining about Shankland not playing, but can’t help but feeling that given the number of balls into the box that we were allowed to put in, Shanks would have scored a barrowload today.

Quick question to Alloa fans. The amount of space our wide players had today was fucking ridiculous. You were constantly inviting us to play out wide, where we tend to be quite dangerous. 

Is this your usual style?

ETA - Hats off to Nicky Clark. Yet another goal today. His goal to game tally must not be too far behind Shankland surely.

EATA - It is.

It annoys me the room we give wide players, i have noticed this in other games , that said we do defend well most of the time ,trouble is we have to defend far too much recently .

2 minutes ago, whereismillar said:

just read peter grant's comments about the game on the BBC website , i think he is slightly deluded , we are being rag dolled out there most of the time 

"Excellent" is not a word i would have used , I fear for us . 

Tbf, some of the passing out of defence today from Alloa really was excellent. We've had much easier days than today.

9 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

Tbf, some of the passing out of defence today from Alloa really was excellent. We've had much easier days than today.

Agreed; I thought Alloa played some very decent football today tbh.

1 hour ago, ArabianKnight said:

Inject this directly into my veins. 

For all the shite you give us on here; to see you post this through what must be gritted teeth is glorious haha

will ferrell elf GIF

On 07/12/2019 at 19:52, MacArab said:

Hats off to Nicky Clark. Yet another goal today. His goal to game tally must not be too far behind Shankland surely.

He's got 57 goals in his last 134 appearances for Pars and United. He gets seemingly little credit from anyone but he's clearly a very effective striker at this level.

Still a c**t, mind.

Edited by Poet of the Macabre

4 minutes ago, ArabAuslander said:

Alloa are certainly not the worst team in the league - although you'd imagine when they play United they're probably a bit more up for it.

That made me smile; thanks.

Oh, and we're no odder than Dundonians, TYVM.

1 hour ago, ArabAuslander said:

Alloa are certainly not the worst team in the league - although you'd imagine when they play United they're probably a bit more up for it. They certainly look a lot better than Morton and Thistle.

Fair play to 30 odd, Alloa fans that came up.

In terms of style of play, I'd say they're one of the best. Obviously results suggest otherwise but I wouldn't be at all surprised to see them go on a wee run if they can perhaps bring in a decent striker and a centre half.

Edited by Pull My Strings

In terms of style of play, I'd say they're one of the best. Obviously results suggest otherwise but I wouldn't be at all surprised to see them go on a wee run if they can perhaps bring in a decent striker and a centre half.

Agreed. The first is difficult but moving Taggs to centre back would I think be a positive move.