Hamilton v St.Mirren

Big game here for both sides.

For Accies,I expect Steve Davies will be back from the start and after last night,will Rice play Collar and Scott Martin or drop one and play another striker ie Oakley or Oggy,Moyo?

For Saints,problems in central defence I am reading and after recent decent performances,last night will be a big blow.

Saints have suffered  eight  away defeats in a row which as Accies fans know means we usually give the old "After You Claude" and a helping hand.

I expect a bruising game not for the purist and for Goodwin to set his team up defensively hitting on the break after last night,so Accies  need to score first to make it a more open game and allow our wide players to exploit the spaces in behind the defence.

One worry I have against fellow strugglers is the "streetwise" nous ala McKinnon,Imrie etc had in abundance is missing in our new young side.St.Johnstone and Ross County games showed this naivety and led to us dropping points from good positions.

Still confident of a result as big Davies is the cog up front who brings the others into play.

Edited by Ye Olde Hamiltonian

Davies for Collar, Oakley for Moyo.

Easton diagonals into Davies, Davies lay-offs to Smith, threaded passes from Smith to Miller or Oakley, four goals for Hamilton Academical Football Club.

Easy. 

Oh, and it'll all be the ref's fault. 

St Mirren nil pois this season? Who else would you want to face than everybody’s favourite team to play when you are on a bad run, Hamilton Accies. 0-2 to the Paisley Pandas.

St Mirren aren’t even great value with the bookies draw no bet they are under evens fs.

11 hours ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

St Mirren nil pois this season? Who else would you want to face than everybody’s favourite team to play when you are on a bad run, Hamilton Accies. 0-2 to the Paisley Pandas.

St Mirren aren’t even great value with the bookies draw no bet they are under evens fs.

You might not like betting on your own team (I certainly don't), but 15/8 for Hamilton here seems like a staggeringly good bet to me.

You might not like betting on your own team (I certainly don't), but 15/8 for Hamilton here seems like a staggeringly good bet to me.

Absolutely not.

Dundee last season no wins in 7 rock up to NDP and cruise to a 2-0 win.

Dundee again on a massive winless run. Thump us 4-0 at Dens.

Rangers last season no wins away since February (also against us) play us in September. Cruise to a 4-1 win at NDP.

Hibs last season no wins in 8 Lennon on the verge of getting sacked. Come to NDP get a 1-0 win without an Accies shot on target.

Motherwell on a losing run last season fans turning against Robinson a bit, need to field a team of reserves due to injuries/suspensions. Cuff us easily.

St Johnstone this season only win against Brechin in 15 games. Pump us 3-2.

St Mirren are a proper banker to get their first away point(s) of the season this weekend. Just the question of whether its 1 or 3. Any team on some sort of horrid run will always turn it round against us.

3 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

You might not like betting against your own team either, but 9/5 against a team without an away point is crazy.

Would imagine the well fans lumped on the 7/5 available midweek.

10 minutes ago, monthelie' said:

You might not like betting against your own team either, but 9/5 against a team without an away point is crazy.

Would imagine the well fans lumped on the 7/5 available midweek.

Nah, I'm one of those controversial types ("dicks", I think they're called) who's quite happy to make money any which way. It doesn't affect how shit I feel when we lose.

image.png.0784f16deea03c7b8e7c28fd53ad4fed.png

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.014b860c3879b070644d95b07910dc6c.png

3 hours ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Absolutely not.

Dundee last season no wins in 7 rock up to NDP and cruise to a 2-0 win.

Dundee again on a massive winless run. Thump us 4-0 at Dens.

Rangers last season no wins away since February (also against us) play us in September. Cruise to a 4-1 win at NDP.

Hibs last season no wins in 8 Lennon on the verge of getting sacked. Come to NDP get a 1-0 win without an Accies shot on target.

Motherwell on a losing run last season fans turning against Robinson a bit, need to field a team of reserves due to injuries/suspensions. Cuff us easily.

St Johnstone this season only win against Brechin in 15 games. Pump us 3-2.

St Mirren are a proper banker to get their first away point(s) of the season this weekend. Just the question of whether its 1 or 3. Any team on some sort of horrid run will always turn it round against us.

The only one of the above which has any relevance is the St.Johnstone game this season which was a bad Accies performance and bears no resemblance to the side we are a few months down the line.

Some of our fans are the most negative bunch on the planet and even a thumping win tomorrow won't please them.

The only one of the above which has any relevance is the St.Johnstone game this season which was a bad Accies performance and bears no resemblance to the side we are a few months down the line.
Some of our fans are the most negative bunch on the planet and even a thumping win tomorrow won't please them.

I’d say they are relevant until we turn it round in a game like tomorrow (which we won’t). The club is mentally weak in situations like this despite who the manager is. Accies will not win tomorrow guaranteed.

I’d say they are relevant until we turn it round in a game like tomorrow (which we won’t). The club is mentally weak in situations like this despite who the manager is. Accies will not win tomorrow guaranteed.
Accies will walk it tomorrow no less than 3-0.

7 minutes ago, Hendo said:

I usually drive to games but getting the train tomorrow. Is it Hamilton West station that's near the ground? Looked on the Açcies website but no info there.

Here to help

22 minutes ago, Hendo said:

I usually drive to games but getting the train tomorrow. Is it Hamilton West station that's near the ground? Looked on the Açcies website but no info there.

Yeah, there is a ramp that practically takes you right to the ground.

If we get anything from this one I'll be astounded.

Prepare to be astounded.

SouthwoodMcGowan Stubbs Easton McMann

Smith Gogic Hunt Miller

Davies Ogkmpoe

Other than Hunt, that's our best team. Oakley and Ogkmpoe are on a par for different reasons.

Yeah surprised Collar hasn’t kept his place over Hunt. ETA or Martin actually shambolic from Rice.

Same formation and with the exception of Davies the same team as the side that didn't have an attempt on target and were largely dominated by Livi. 

Davies should hold the ball and link the play better than Oakley but if St Mirren play 5 in midfield they'll dominate possession. Let's hope if that happens Rice won't take until 85 minutes again to change it.

Fear the worse / hope for the best.