Junior grounds beside a railway?

Is there any particular reason why many Junior grounds were set beside a railway line, back in the day? Arthurlie, Troon, Irvine Vics, & now Kilwinning's new Buffs Park,by coincidence, are some that spring to mind. Do you know of any others? 

Edited by The Bluebells Are Blue

Is there any particular reason why many Junior grounds were set beside a railway line, back in the day? Arthurlie, Troon, Irvine Vics, & now Kilwinning's new Buffs Park,by coincidence, are some that spring to mind. Do you know of any others? 
ex-junior but Dunbar United's New Countess Park

dunbar7.jpg

Going back in time in the Glasgow area a Junior club with no railway line either outside the ground or a couple of streets away would be possibly Duntocher Hibs or Renfrew. Maryhill Juniors had Maryhill Central almost on it's doorstep. Thought Perthshire might be in the running but there's a train station 5 minutes away up Ashfield St. Even Vale of Clyde had the old Parkhead line nearby in years passed.

55 minutes ago, The Bluebells Are Blue said:

Is there any particular reason why many Junior grounds were set beside a railway line, back in the day? 

The big railways companies back in the day didn't just own the tracks but in a lot of cases all the surrounding houses and land. I'd be interested to know how many Junior clubs paid rent to the railways for the use of the land/ground. Just too many Junior grounds were practically sitting on top of the tracks for it to be a coincidence.

2 minutes ago, glensmad said:

I didn't realise that, every day's a school day.

Admit i looked up Neilston Station or Neilston High to give it it's old title on YouTube, Neilston Low being on the Barrhead Line.

Some posh geezer giving a 3 minute history on Neilston station and i thought us Junior folks were geeks.