Hibs vs Aberdeen

1 hour ago, naegoodinthedark said:

Wow.
Look at all those empty seats!

Thanks for sharing.

The FF lower, behind the goals, is the family section. It's only family groups that are allowed in there, and folk with kids tend to be less likely to make full use of their season tickets, for multiple reasons. There's also been an issue with some folks buying cheap kid's season tickets, not using them for their intended purpose, and only upgrading them to adult seats for big games, which is a nuisance problem that's being clamped down on. Despite the category A pricing, it seems that Aberdeen FC aren't box office enough for the kids and the chancers. From the ticketing site, it looks like around 90% of that stand is taken up with paid-up season ticket holders who couldn't be bothered to watch the famous when they rolled into town on Saturday.

The upshot is that one section of the stadium which is inherently going to have a lower matchday attendance is also the same part you see on TV more than most. So it goes.

Edited by Aim Here

3 hours ago, HibsFan said:

The supposed great white hope of Scotland Scott McKenna being sent for hot dogs by Kamberi it seems.

£10m defender Scott McKenna, thank you very much.

Spoiler

ZYGQWw.gif

r8q4Y4.gif

That really is a huge win for Hibs. They haven’t finished above Aberdeen for 6 (six) seasons in a row which is a little embarrassing and shows just how terrible they have been. They aren’t so far off Aberdeen and Motherwell now and must be in with a shout of finishing third. That would be borderline historic for them 

25 minutes ago, ScottishZizou said:

That really is a huge win for Hibs. They haven’t finished above Aberdeen for 6 (six) seasons in a row which is a little embarrassing and shows just how terrible they have been. They aren’t so far off Aberdeen and Motherwell now and must be in with a shout of finishing third. That would be borderline historic for them 

If you go fishing, you really need a significantly better bait than that to snag any of the Leith legends.

3/10 for effort.

52 minutes ago, Green Day said:

If you go fishing, you really need a significantly better bait than that to snag any of the Leith legends.

3/10 for effort.

6:30 am on a Monday after a heavy weekend whilst lying in bed thinking about how terrible work is. I’ll take the 3/10 and move on to next week. 

11 hours ago, Aim Here said:

The FF lower, behind the goals, is the family section. It's only family groups that are allowed in there, and folk with kids tend to be less likely to make full use of their season tickets, for multiple reasons. There's also been an issue with some folks buying cheap kid's season tickets, not using them for their intended purpose, and only upgrading them to adult seats for big games, which is a nuisance problem that's being clamped down on. Despite the category A pricing, it seems that Aberdeen FC aren't box office enough for the kids and the chancers. From the ticketing site, it looks like around 90% of that stand is taken up with paid-up season ticket holders who couldn't be bothered to watch the famous when they rolled into town on Saturday.

The upshot is that one section of the stadium which is inherently going to have a lower matchday attendance is also the same part you see on TV more than most. So it goes.

Surprised you took  the bait.

A brilliant result.   Jack Ross has got us playing with fluidity, freedom, and added grit.  

I know folk will say Heckingbottom had a great start (and he did), but we will all recollect we were more scraping past teams to pick up the points at the start of his tenure.  Yesterday was a comprehensive display, as was Kilmarnock (for 70 minutes) amongst others since Heckingbottom left.  If we can shore up our defence in January and add some backup for Hallberg, Boyle, and possibly another striker, we will be looking very solid indeed. 

I'm wary of being one of these arseholes who sees a player about 5 times a season and thinks they have them sussed but from what I have seen of McKenna, I don't get it. He seems like your standard Scottish Premiership lump who can win most of his headers but will look bang average to shite against decent players. I hope I'm wrong because Scotland could do with good options at CB but I'd be surprised to see him develop into the level of player we need.

23 minutes ago, Alan Stubbs said:

I'm wary of being one of these arseholes who sees a player about 5 times a season and thinks they have them sussed but from what I have seen of McKenna, I don't get it. He seems like your standard Scottish Premiership lump who can win most of his headers but will look bang average to shite against decent players. I hope I'm wrong because Scotland could do with good options at CB but I'd be surprised to see him develop into the level of player we need.

Luckily I am not worried about that 😁

Shoe on other foot, If Hanlon had performed as the £7m man did at those goals he would be getting utterly hounded by Hibs fans right now.

McKenna seems to me to have regressed since the January transfer window speculation and - from what I have seen on highlights / live / Scotland matches - needs to get back to basics. Looked like he couldnt be arsed half the time on Saturday.

Thing that pisses me off about Scotland teams CHs is that we cannae see further than the last couple of months. Halkett signs for Hearts and hes instantly deemed Scotland material (sorry Livi) - when the truth is that he (like McKenna) actually needs a couple of solid seasons and a clear upward trajectory.

13 minutes ago, Green Day said:

I was specifically thinking of whichever Aberdeen oddball it was who made a point of telling us Scott Allan wasn’t the answer a few weeks back.

Turns out their defence had no answer for Scooter’s laser-guided shroo balls sending them out for a round of Ribenas. 

14 hours ago, ScottishZizou said:

Hilarious

2 hours ago, Green Day said:

Shoe on other foot, If Hanlon had performed as the £7m man did at those goals he would be getting utterly hounded by Hibs fans right now.

McKenna seems to me to have regressed since the January transfer window speculation and - from what I have seen on highlights / live / Scotland matches - needs to get back to basics. Looked like he couldnt be arsed half the time on Saturday.

Thing that pisses me off about Scotland teams CHs is that we cannae see further than the last couple of months. Halkett signs for Hearts and hes instantly deemed Scotland material (sorry Livi) - when the truth is that he (like McKenna) actually needs a couple of solid seasons and a clear upward trajectory.

We are desperate

16 hours ago, Alan Stubbs said:

He's still young and learning but now there is more responsibility and a further expectation on him to deliver. He looks far better when he has an experienced head beside him. I think that was his second game with Ash Taylor beside him and they weren't exactly helped by the players in front of them.

Would draw parallels with Porteous at Hibs. Solid and fearless young defender who isn't ready to lead the defensive line yet.

Guest Bob Mahelp
16 hours ago, Green Day said:

I'll disagree with you on your last paragraph......it's not just the last couple of months we can't see further than, it's the last game.

Very few centre backs are complete and rounded players in the first few years of their careers. Most mature and become good players only in their late 20's. At Aberdeen at this moment our best defender is 65 year old Andy Considine, a guy probably in the best form of his career. 

It's easy to forget that McKenna's progression has been pretty rapid, mainly due to absolute need at both club and international level.  Ideally, he shouldn't be playing for Scotland at this moment in time, but needs must.

He's not having a great season, but he's not the only one like that in the Aberdeen team and it's hard to look like Beckenbauer when the midfield in front of you parts like the Red Sea. 

For what it's worth, I think he'll be an excellent player in about 7 or 8 years time. For the moment, he's still learning.  Maybe in the future McKenna and Porteous will be the Scotland central defence, who knows ?