Pars vs Morton

Thought we sat back too much after the second goal.   Morton certainly never gave up and had good amounts of possession after going two down.  Didn't think we were that great second half but having Dow, Kiltie and Nisbet in our side means that we can score goals regardless of performance.

Edited by Chubbychops

Definitely better side over the game.

Penalty looked quite obvious for me but did get fortunate to get a re-take. Thanks to grant for taking the ball away from the keeper and giving it right to Kiltie, the defending before that was some laugh but that was absolutely golden, cheers. 3rd was some real class by nisbet after some good work from dow(these bad games he allegedly has really don’t seem to happen much)

Was relieved to see Nesbitt on the bench to start and quite happy he was bizarrely move across to the left wing for a spell cos he had Edwards on toast. We looked quite vulnerable there and I thought Morrison was going to come on for him instead of beadling.

Edwards has got bags of potential but still very raw at times. I think Martin will go to left back when we start getting centre halves coming back. 

I'm sure Ross County fans are giving a honest assessment of Dow's time there, but thankfully the guy has been outstanding since arriving at EEP.  Consistently good.

Edited by Chubbychops

Definite penalty, but a re-take? Not sure about that one. Got lucky there I think.

Didn’t matter in the end. That man Nisbet doing what he does best.

He was off his line when ball struck. There was much debate during Women’s World Cup back in the summer regarding this. If ball goes in there’s no debate as only happens when saved/missed. No luck involved.

Off his line but only just. It's quite rare you get them called, especially at this level. There was a penalty saved in the English Premier League this season I'm sure where the keeper was further off his line than that and it wasn't retaken, and VAR didn't intervene because they have said that they won't be using it for that down south.

Another great result. Three wins in a week is certainly the right way to bounce back after the embarrassing cup exit. As much stick as I gave Crawford following that defeat, he deserves the credit for these past few results. We're up to 3rd and think how unlikely that seemed a couple of weeks ago.

As for Kevin Nesbit; wow. 11 goals in six league games can't have been done very often by a Pars player. Finish for the 3rd goal is superb as well.

Couple of tough away games coming up but the recent form means we should be confident heading into them and no reason we can't pick up some more points.

As for Morton eight away games and eight defeats; on course to match Brechin's away total of zero points.

1 hour ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Off his line but only just. It's quite rare you get them called, especially at this level. There was a penalty saved in the English Premier League this season I'm sure where the keeper was further off his line than that and it wasn't retaken, and VAR didn't intervene because they have said that they won't be using it for that down south.

What's the point having it if they don't enforce all rules of the game? I don't follow English football but I assume if a foul shy led to a goal it would be taken back to the throw-in? It's virtually impossible for the keeper to save penalties now unless it's right down the middle, if they keeper saves it then they have almost always broken the rules.