Pars vs Morton

24 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

I'd be furious being a Morton fan watching that 2nd goal. 

I’m almost past caring. We’ve had too many mistakes like that this season. It was at the other end but even from where we were it was obvious Grant has made an arse of it. He’s a liability and should be dropped immediately. 
Hopkin built his success at Livi with a defence that was solid and kicked everything and anything, but he’s made a right mess of ours. Sadly he and his coaching staff are on 3 year deals so there’s no chance we’ll be punting him. 

What's the point having it if they don't enforce all rules of the game? I don't follow English football but I assume if a foul shy led to a goal it would be taken back to the throw-in? It's virtually impossible for the keeper to save penalties now unless it's right down the middle, if they keeper saves it then they have almost always broken the rules.
Not sure why they decided not to bother - probably the furore over the Women's World Cup meant they didn't want to have multiple re-takes? They also of course don't want the referee to look at the monitor and instruct the linesman to put his flag up for close offside despite the opposite being true in the other European league and Champions League. As for the second part of the question, I'm not sure they would unless the throw directly led to the goal being scored. If there were other passes etc. in the meantime then I think they'd ignore it. It only seems to be the final act before the goal that gets checked.

Worse than the baldy Dundee boy on the opening day?

Don’t know if it’s the big fucking baldy napper or the comically shit performance but he stood out like a sore thumb in that first half.

11 hours ago, Black and White Tragic said:

He was off his line when ball struck. There was much debate during Women’s World Cup back in the summer regarding this. If ball goes in there’s no debate as only happens when saved/missed. No luck involved.

Yes lucky if your a Celtic man today.

Goal keepers are fucked with this application of the rules.

Anyway I glad for you that infringement does count or maybe again that's luck again.

Definitely a pen, ball is cleared by defender skids of wet turf and hits player seeking advantage by stopping the clearance mumm.

Yes lucky if your a Celtic man today.
Goal keepers are fucked with this application of the rules.
Anyway I glad for you that infringement does count or maybe again that's luck again.
Definitely a pen, ball is cleared by defender skids of wet turf and hits player seeking advantage by stopping the clearance mumm.

For Rangers pen; Not lucky, just poor refereeing versus the current laws of the game. Celtic goal was fortuitous too, again poor refereeing missing the offside. Both laws (keeper off line and offside) are similar in that they cover player positioning to seek an illegal advantage. It’s just one of the laws, being newer, is more frowned upon.

Pars v Morton. Definite penalty. Get out of the way when your teammate trying to clear. The end.

Morton keeper needs to learn how to dive for penalties with the new rule, if you look at foster he trails one leg which is just off the line when the ball is kicked, again back to the pish about when a ball is kicked, is it initial contact or when the ball is clear of his foot? Anyway the Morton keeper moves his feet together giving the assistant a much easier decision.

8 hours ago, Adam101 said:

Morton keeper needs to learn how to dive for penalties with the new rule, if you look at foster he trails one leg which is just off the line when the ball is kicked, again back to the pish about when a ball is kicked, is it initial contact or when the ball is clear of his foot? Anyway the Morton keeper moves his feet together giving the assistant a much easier decision.

What, just magically 'learn' an entirely different technique for saving penalties over the summer? Aye no bother then - bearing in mind that several professional players at this level still struggle to execute basic throw ins or corner after decades of practice. And even in that mealy mouthed comparison above you admit that Forster was breaching the rules as well. The issue is therefore quite clearly one of consistency - of which there is going to be none, ever, under these nonsense rules - rather than missing technique. 

The penalty retake would in all likelihood have made no difference to the outcome in this particular match, but for people to claim that it is was a just decision and really the fault of the goalkeeper is truly laughable. 

Edited by vikingTON

1 minute ago, virginton said:

What, just magically 'learn' a new technique for saving penalties over the summer? Aye no bother then - bearing in mind that several professional players at this level still struggle to execute basic throw ins or corner after decades of practice. And even in that mealy mouthed comparison above you admit that Forster was breaching the rules as well. The issue is therefore quite clearly one of consistency - of which there is going to be none, ever, under these nonsense rules - rather than missing technique. 

The penalty retake would in all likelihood have made no difference to the outcome in this particular match, but for people to claim that it is was a just decision and really the fault of the goalkeeper is truly laughable. 

Yeh, I don't think it's too much to ask a keeper to make sure their penalty saves are legal. Fosters save at least is badly timed rather than poor technique. I agree it's almost impossible without the aid of VAR to be certain the keeper is on their line when the ball is kicked. 

Footballers who can't take a corner or a throw-ins should be no where near taking them it speaks volumes they are deemed the best in the squad. Dunfermline are very poor at throw-ins, I think it's often poor decision making rather than technique.

8 minutes ago, Adam101 said:

Yeh, I don't think it's too much to ask a keeper to make sure their penalty saves are legal.

Given that <1% of all goalkeeper saves would have been legal under the 'new' [revised but now enforced] rule over the last few decades it is really not reasonable to ask goalkeepers to devise an entirely new technique in the space of a few months. 

Fosters save at least is badly timed rather than poor technique.

Sorry, I don't see 'bad timing' provided as a mitigating circumstance for foul play under this rule or anywhere else on the park. If only he had spent more time working on it then perhaps he wouldn't have been breaching the rules etc.

The only reason why a penalty was not given is because there is and can be no consistency in applying such a nonsense rule in the first place. 

I agree it's almost impossible without the aid of VAR to be certain the keeper is on their line when the ball is kicked. 

Right, so let's stop applying minute calculations for levels of the sport beneath VAR coverage, where any such decision rests on the arbitrary judgment of some two-bob donkey of an official. Problem solved!

Edited by vikingTON

18 minutes ago, virginton said:

Right, so let's stop applying minute calculations for levels of the sport beneath VAR coverage, where any such decision rests on the arbitrary judgment of some two-bob donkey of an official. Problem solved!

Your whole post seems to boil down to the above. The new rules have been made with VAR in mind and like you say it will be impossible for non VAR assisted officials to get the decisions right but they still have to apply the laws of the game, if a player makes it easy for them in this case has both feet away from the goal line then it's easier to give than a keeper with one trailing leg. However considering VAR can't even get some of these calls right especially deciding when the ball is kicked then the whole thing becomes a farce and we would be better with hockey penalties.