The Voice of junior football podcast

Bill Kilgour

Thanks Marvel much appreciated mate and surely John Gall not that bad [emoji1787]

As JR alluded too on the podcast Bill, Darvel wouldn’t be what it is today without all the efforts off the ball from Chairman and Darvel Legend/working committee, suppose you could say that for a nearly every junior club but they probably don’t get the recognition they fully deserve tbh. The sense of community feel about the place is remarkable and JR touched on it, the fans firmly believe they are part of something already. Mainly down to the environment created where players/managers/coaches are all engaged with fans pre/post games etc. We have all bought into it (when I say bought I mean it literally not physically before we get slaughtered for spending money again🤭🤣). Contrary to popular belief we are all level headed doon the brae and are not getting ahead of ourselves, but more so excited about what may lie ahead for us as a club. [emoji106]

As JR alluded too on the podcast Bill, Darvel wouldn’t be what it is today without all the efforts off the ball from Chairman and Darvel Legend/working committee, suppose you could say that for a nearly every junior club but they probably don’t get the recognition they fully deserve tbh. The sense of community feel about the place is remarkable and JR touched on it, the fans firmly believe they are part of something already. Mainly down to the environment created where players/managers/coaches are all engaged with fans pre/post games etc. We have all bought into it (when I say bought I mean it literally not physically before we get slaughtered for spending money again[emoji2960][emoji1787]). Contrary to popular belief we are all level headed doon the brae and are not getting ahead of ourselves, but more so excited about what may lie ahead for us as a club. [emoji106]
Your right, you need great committee people at your club because players and management teams come and go but the committee are still there and doing the best job they can to keep the club alive.

On 04/12/2019 at 23:46, jc1 said:

Great listen lads emoji122.pngemoji108.png

Been listening to the show every week and have enjoyed it until this weeks . Just sounded like a PR exercise for Darvel , an awful lot of back slapping and arse kissing between all three guys. Was getting close to boaking at times 🤮

You could have switched of it it was that bad but you obviously listened to it all another one obsessed with the Vale

Been listening to the show every week and have enjoyed it until this weeks . Just sounded like a PR exercise for Darvel , an awful lot of back slapping and arse kissing between all three guys. Was getting close to boaking at times [emoji2961]

Been listening to the show every week and have enjoyed it until this weeks . Just sounded like a PR exercise for Darvel , an awful lot of back slapping and arse kissing between all three guys. Was getting close to boaking at times 🤮

Got to agree, the Darvel manager sure can talk about himself.

6 hours ago, 93glens17 said:

Been listening to the show every week and have enjoynces. ed it until this weeks . Just sounded like a PR exercise for Darvel , an awful lot of back slapping and arse kissing between all three guys. Was getting close to boaking at times 🤮

It's a shame actually. I've listened to three of them now and all have been littered with Darvel references. I get it that Mr. Redmond is part of the set up there but that last episode was extremely sycophantic. I laughed when someone said Darvel are the most talked about Junior club.....aye, by you guys! It perpetuates the kidology that their fans try on here. Hopefully they've got it out of their system now though. 

ETA Don't want to appear too negative. I say it's a shame because the ingredients of the show are great and the lads are promoting the game very well. Also like that it's on Spotify. Very handy.

Edited by jimbaxters

18 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

Listening figures highest ever for the podcast , it must have been about the Darvel 🤭

im very surprised bill and john asked the gaffer in and then  spoke about Darvel ,

strange one that 😂😂

lets get Mick Kennedy on and talk about anything but Darvel 🤭

I would have expected it to focus on darvel , which is fine . It was the arse kissing from the 2 hosts that made me cringe . 

although am sure if mick was made of chocolate, he would eat himself , but he would have been too slow , bill and John would have gobbled him up 😬

I think this programme would do better to focus on the state of the Juniors and not give so much time to individual interviews. The idea is a perfect platform to discuss ongoing issues like the pyramid and its effect on the clubs. On saying this I have to congratulate the lads for taking time out to promote our game.