STV leaders debate

DublinMagyar

Leonard started strongly, but got significantly papped when it was his turn to answer questions. Jackson Carlaw was waffling, but managed to spend the first 40 minutes or so looking composed before turning into his usual angry wee man style. Willie Rennie had an absolute disaster. Honestly, absolutely horrific. Sturgeon wasn't at her best, and if it wasn't for Carlaw's arse collapsing she'd not have been my winner - but as it is, she strolled it again.

Nicola Sturgeon
Jackson Carlaw
Richard Leonard

Willie Rennie.

Leonard started strongly, but got significantly papped when it was his turn to answer questions. Jackson Carlaw was waffling, but managed to spend the first 40 minutes or so looking composed before turning into his usual angry wee man style. Willie Rennie had an absolute disaster. Honestly, absolutely horrific. Sturgeon wasn't at her best, and if it wasn't for Carlaw's arse collapsing she'd not have been my winner - but as it is, she strolled it again.
Nicola Sturgeon
Jackson Carlaw
Richard Leonard

Willie Rennie.
Agreed

Just now, DublinMagyar said:
33 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:
How can you get STV in Dublin and I can't get in Ingerland?

Have you ordered Sky TV yet?

I have it, but couldn't be arsed trying to re-tune. 

Did manage to get it on Now TV after I put in a Scottish post code. Got to see the last half hour - wish I hadn't bothered now!

Just now, DublinMagyar said:
4 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Did manage to get it on Now TV after I put in a Scottish post code. Got to see the last half hour - wish I hadn't bothered now!

You do know you can get all the Scottish channels?

Yes, but I've never been a huge fan of STV and never bothered trying to find it. Happy enough with BBC Scotland and the Scotland Channel - currently watching The Nine.

Willie Rennie is a complete and utter buffoon and will finish last in any debate he takes part in. I can’t believe he’s still the leader of a party, albeit a branch office. Thick as pig shit. 

Wasn't a great debate as it became a bit of a rabble. I can understand why STV went for that format as they don't want to interrupt and just let them get on with it, but you have to keep some sort of control. 

Rennie was awful and without doubt came last.

Carlaw made me wince when he brought up the child deaths in the NHS.  Trying to score political points out of that is just shameful 

Leonard wasn't  a disaster I thought he would be until Nicola hit him with the CND and renewal of Trident question.

Nicola was a calm seasoned performer. The 3 guys shouting at her was not a good look for them either.

32 minutes ago, DublinMagyar said:
36 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

You do know you can get all the Scottish channels?

How's the weather in Dublin's Fair City?

Hoping to get back across there sometime in January for another pub crawl - hopefully catch up with Molly Malone again.

:guinness

All the usual sound bites and lines of attack and defence. I don't think it would have been a lot different with Dugdale or Davidson , but Carlaw is indeed a wee angry man. I laughed when Rennie addressed Richard as Jackson-maybe not that far away as they are all still "Better together". It was curious to hear Rennie attack Leonard as needing permission on policies from Corbyn-surely that is true in reserved matters for the Liberals? I can't remember any occasion from 2010-15 where the Liberal branch office diverged from the party line. Maybe he is devising an independent separatism. The format was a bit of a rammy and McKay was a bit weak. Sturgeon was her usual composed self but it was more heat than light. 

Sturgeon 

Carslaw

Leonard

and way behind in debating skills Rennie.

Much like the current % in polls and Holyrood seats:why was the fourth biggest Holyrood party not there instead of  the 5th party Rennie, which might also have equalised the "constitutional " outlooks

48 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Nicola Sturgeon
Jackson Carlaw
Richard Leonard

Willie Rennie.

That's put me off my dram.

animation art GIF by Squirlart

Meanwhile, the absolute state of Dick Leonard:

Jackson Carlaw sounds like a footballer’s name. The sort who floated around the Queen of the Souths, Ayr Uniteds or Dunfermlines of this world. Had a thirty goal season, signed for someone like St Johnstone, was released after two seasons and went back to part time fitba’ and a job in insurance.

I need my medication. It’s been a long day.

Edited by pozbaird

In the event that the SNP take a majority of seats in Scotland,  will the 'Backward Together' trio finally accept that the people of Scotland demand the right to call a future independence referendum, or are they so anti-democratic?  NB.  Perhaps they are pro-protectionists of the establishment, in order to secure their future positions alongside Lord Darling? Remember him? 

M.

16 hours ago, Rugster said:

Willie Rennie is a complete and utter buffoon and will finish last in any debate he takes part in. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2019-50636300

I haven't seen the full version (the "highlights" were bad enough) but in the pic near the bottom, Rennie is clearly thinking "Whose fucking idea was this then?"