Sneezing

Right, I can’t be the lone sufferer. Who else sneezes an excessive amount, but triggered by a single solitary sneeze. Like no build up of a sneezing fit, one sneeze and that’s it.

What’s even worse is being asthmatic and it bringing on an ever so mild asthma attack.

4 minutes ago, FalkirkBairn93 said:

Right, I can’t be the lone sufferer. Who else sneezes an excessive amount, but triggered by a single solitary sneeze. Like no build up of a sneezing fit, one sneeze and that’s it.

What’s even worse is being asthmatic and it bringing on an ever so mild asthma attack.

I sympathise with the asthma thing, but I quite enjoy sneezing. It's like a mini-orgasm. I just had one a minute ago and now I'm smoking a cigarette. 

Edited by Cardinal Richelieu

I sympathise with the asthma thing, but I quite enjoy sneezing. It's like a mini-orgasm. I just had one a minute ago and now I'm smoking a cigarette. 

Always feel like I’ve had a good w**k when I’ve a blocked nose and you get that belter of a sneeze. Post w**k nap required after. Aside from that I hate sneezing.

I can't sneeze just once, has to be at least 300 times in a ten minute period or not at all. I never used to be like that but f**k knows what's happened to change things.

Sneezing during a hay fever bout is the worst of the lot though - none of that slightly orgasmic feeling that Cardinal mentions, just a horrible, stabby pain at the back of your throat and the pain of a thousand needles in your eyes.

Not sure if they are still on sale but my granny used to give me big boxes of soluble CoCodamaol and a glass of it would stop my sneezing attacks. Got them all the time as a youngster. Don't get them too often now - cat hair can set me off - but Mrs Par keeps a far cleaner house than my mum did. 

I used be a really quiet sneezer but after I had radiotherapy on my neck I have to do it loud as stifling  it is painful and it's like my head will explode.

I deserve footballers wages.

eta Mrs romeo is one of the aforementioned multiple sneezers which is just attention seeking imo

Edited by Romeo

When I was a kid, I sneezed incessantly most days. This was in the 60's and 70's when such a thing was seen as a character flaw, so I just accepted it and never sought any kind of treatment. As I grew older, I (mostly) grew out of it.

One time after I was living in my own place, my Mum came to visit and, bless her, did my washing while I was at work. And I had an attack of sneezing the following day, just like when I was a kid. I went out with my girlfriend that night and one of the first things she said was "Fucking hell, your shirt really smells of soap flakes." Yes, all those years, my Mum had simply been over-dosing on the amount of soap needed when doing laundry and this was what I was allergic too. Once I started doing my own washing, the problem went away.

Anyway, we've been having some major high winds here this last few days. There's all kinds of crap in the air and for about 3 days I've been in a permanent state of having just sneezed, or beginning the wind up for the next one...which may or may not ever get here. Miserable.  

The sun coming out from behind a cloud is enough to start me sneezing.

We have a loud sneezer at work. However, if someone says "bless you" to her after the first one, she stops. If it isn't forthcoming then a second arrives about five seconds later. I think she's at it tbh.

5 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

5 hours ago, FalkirkBairn93 said:

Always feel like I’ve had a good w**k when I’ve a blocked nose and you get that belter of a sneeze. Post w**k nap required after. Aside from that I hate sneezing.

I know we like to joke about people on P&B being deviants, but fucking hell lads