Sneezing

14 hours ago, microdave said:

The sun coming out from behind a cloud is enough to start me sneezing.

We have a loud sneezer at work. However, if someone says "bless you" to her after the first one, she stops. If it isn't forthcoming then a second arrives about five seconds later. I think she's at it tbh.

I get this, it's a reaction to sudden bright light, and if I mind right can only be passed on through a mother to her offspring 

18 hours ago, ICTChris said:

I am a really loud sneezer.  I am that guy in the office.  I find trying to contain them makes me feel bad.

I get horrendous abuse off my missus for being a loud sneezer. f**k her, I say.

15 hours ago, microdave said:

The sun coming out from behind a cloud is enough to start me sneezing.

We have a loud sneezer at work. However, if someone says "bless you" to her after the first one, she stops. If it isn't forthcoming then a second arrives about five seconds later. I think she's at it tbh.

1 hour ago, HeWhoWalksBehindTheRows said:

I get this, it's a reaction to sudden bright light, and if I mind right can only be passed on through a mother to her offspring 

I get this also and was about to post this explanation. I'm sure it was on some documentary I watched a while ago.

14 hours ago, microdave said:
14 hours ago, HeWhoWalksBehindTheRows said:

Are we allowed to kick your mother in the pie?

Be my guest.  A sneeze would be the least of your worries though. 

Edited by HeWhoWalksBehindTheRows

23 hours ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Wasn't there a film where some lassie had a bout of sneezing whenever she came?

Might have been the other way round, right enough  :unsure2:

Remember in the 80’s Blue Peter had a girl on who couldn’t stop sneezing. I think Simon Groom actually quoted how many times she’d sneezed that year or in her lifetime. She had a massive red nose, which is kind of topical.

Does anybody sneeze and fart at the same time and then hope the sound of the sneeze covers up the sound of the fart ..?
My mother explodes from both ends during bouts of sneezing, ten or twenty in quick succession. Absolutely impossible to avoid laughing, so I've become used to making a hasty retreat from the room under flimsy pretext.

I really hope this isn't a hereditary thing.

My mother explodes from both ends during bouts of sneezing, ten or twenty in quick succession. Absolutely impossible to avoid laughing, so I've become used to making a hasty retreat from the room under flimsy pretext.

I really hope this isn't a hereditary thing.

Why would you try and avoid laughing?

4 hours ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

I sneeze every single time I eat something minty. 

Mrs Shotgun's the same. Spearmint but not peppermint though. Or maybe it's the other way round. I suspect I've been told.