Rovers v QP

We've hit a purple patch having won our last two. We look pretty solid at the back and we're taking our chances. What a difference a goalscorer makes. We were the underdogs against QOS and Edinburgh and won, which will bring high expectations for this one. 

Rovers are no mugs, as they showed at Hampden and they've had sporadic good performances and results. We'll need to maintain the standard of recent weeks if we're to get a result. The recent record at Cliftonhill is good and the players will be full of confidence. 

I don't the manager will drop Purdue for Galt, simply because he usually stays loyal to a winning side and he was on the scoresheet. Useful sub to have.

We've hit a purple patch having won our last two. We look pretty solid at the back and we're taking our chances. What a difference a goalscorer makes. We were the underdogs against QOS and Edinburgh and won, which will bring high expectations for this one.  Rovers are no mugs, as they showed at Hampden and they've had sporadic good performances and results. We'll need to maintain the standard of recent weeks if we're to get a result. The recent record at Cliftonhill is good and the players will be full of confidence. 

I don't the manager will drop Purdue for Galt, simply because he usually stays loyal to a winning side and he was on the scoresheet. Useful sub to have.

High expectations indeed. 4/5 wins in all competitions is tidy work.  

Due to be a completely different game from Saturday. Pitches at opposite ends of the spectrum. More rough and tumble but I’m confident QP can make it 5/6 wins.

Purdue has glimpses of real quality but I don’t think the work rate is there. Got his body across the defender and took his goal very well on Saturday.

Sal is on frightening form. Definitely one I’d love to see us retain at the end of the year.

Rovers have had one win from their last five games, against Stenny at home, their previous win there being back in August. Their breezy start to the season hasn't been sustained. I'm confident Coach Roberts and his group will only be approaching this game with a punishing win in mind. It would have been no shock if the team had dropped the tempo after the fantastic win at Dumfries; instead they jumped even higher and without our talisman. Despite league positions, we had a much tougher game on Saturday. The confidence that is back will also create a mental strength and it's looking good at the moment.

QP by 3 clear goals.

Bar is open in the ground on saturday

There will be one turnstile open from 13.30. Entry to the lounge will be via the door in the main stand adjacent to the pitch. The bar will be open from 13.30 until 14.50 and then from 16.50 until 17.45 (last orders 1715).

Prices will be as follows:

Bottled Beers 660ml £4
Albion Rovers Centenary Ale & 500ml Bottles £2.50
Other bottles Lagers & Ciders £2.00
Wines by 125ml glass £2.00
Selected Spirits 25ml (incl mixer) £2.50

Read more: http://arfc.proboards.com/thread/1643/bar-queens-park#ixzz679HJ2Yur

On 02/12/2019 at 21:44, an86 said:

If Galt is available then he starts every time for me. He's our most creative player and they will be seething again when he wins his customary penalty.    

1 hour ago, Mick1867 said:

If Galt is available then he starts every time for me. He's our most creative player and they will be seething again when he wins his customary penalty.    

I agree with you, but I don't think he'll drop anyone. Tends to stay with a winning team unless change is forced. 

Don't necessarily disagree that a draw wouldn't be a bad result. Can't afford to get carried away at this stage. We'd obviously hope to win the game, but we're still a long way away from being a team who can rock up to away games and just expect to win. 

Tomorrow will be a tough battle on a heavy park and be totally different in style to our previous two games. Rovers aren't having a great season, but there is danger there. They were seconds from winning at Hampden, by all accounts they were pretty hard done by at Ainslie Park and stuck four past Cove earlier in the season, although Annan stole their thunder on that front last week. 

If we apply ourselves in the right manner, it's a game we can certainly win. A couple of weeks ago this would have been a toss of a coin game, so there's absolutely no way we should be complacent. We'll save that for when we're the Lower League Harlem Globetrotters, next season.