Jump to content

Recommended Posts

17 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Would imagine they'd probably be looking at Kevin Nisbet, if it was Harvie or Forrest thank f**k they had their worst performances of the season lol

Yeah I’d reckon it was Nisbet. On that performance tonight Harvie or Forrest wouldn’t cut it at SPL level 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We looked like a team that hadn't played for over 3 weeks. Worst performance of the season to date, even worse than our usual Palmerston non event. Hopefully just a bad day at the office. 

Total lack of sharpness. Second to every ball, slack with simple passes, losing most heading duels, choosing the easy option of hoofing the ball up the park etc etc. Probably unfair to pick out individuals in a generally abysmal performance, but Forest was non existent, Harvey had a mare (apart from the last 5 minutes), the centre halves gave opposition forwards the freedom of the penalty area at times, and  Moore did nothing with the little service he had. Scrabbling for positives, but young McKenzie looked useful when he came on and Doohan did all that was asked of him, including a series of excellent saves from close range shots (must have been a nightmare playing behind that defence). Even Moff just scraped a pass mark. 

Dunfermline were manure but did enough to win. It was a foregone conclusion that one would be enough for them and they always looked likely to get it.  We only started playing with about 5 minutes to go and created a number of chances. Would have been a bit of a travesty if we had equalised. 

So,  after a short hiatus when we were favourites in games with Dunfermline, the natural order is restored. . They look like returning  to being yet another of our bogey teams, along with Inverness, QOS (at Palmerston) and Ross County. Thank God County are not in our league any more, but, of course, we just had to get them in the cup.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A note on Moffat this evening, what fucking position was he playing, first half he started up front, then moved into right mid before going to centre mid and then in the second half he was left mid. Poor guy was getting moved about all over the park, Kerr seemed to be making it up as he went along where Moffat was playing and tbh in the second half for large parts i didn't have a clue what formation we were playing, seemed to be a free for all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Why was Geggan playing wide right? Not his position in a million years.

He played there a lot last season and was decent but he’s had a couple of injuries since then and I’m not even sure I’d have him in the team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
A note on Moffat this evening, what fucking position was he playing, first half he started up front, then moved into right mid before going to centre mid and then in the second half he was left mid. Poor guy was getting moved about all over the park, Kerr seemed to be making it up as he went along where Moffat was playing and tbh in the second half for large parts i didn't have a clue what formation we were playing, seemed to be a free for all.

We started 4-4-2 with Moff up front then we switched to a 4-2-3-1 with Moffat on the right. I thought the switch helped as Kelly was getting further forward but Moffat was totally out of position. Our glaring weakness at the minute is our midfield and that’s because our best midfielder is on the touchline.

I think he’s just trying to scramble through to January and get bodies in before trying to change things too much. It’s not a bad approach but I can’t say I’m that confident about any upcoming matches between now and then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:


We started 4-4-2 with Moff up front then we switched to a 4-2-3-1 with Moffat on the right. I thought the switch helped as Kelly was getting further forward but Moffat was totally out of position. Our glaring weakness at the minute is our midfield and that’s because our best midfielder is on the touchline.

I think he’s just trying to scramble through to January and get bodies in before trying to change things too much. It’s not a bad approach but I can’t say I’m that confident about any upcoming matches between now and then.

This month is going to be a slog with so many games and the opposition teams being our bogey teams or tricky part time opponents like Alloa and Arbroath.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Certainly not a game that will love long on the memory. The most exciting part was “celeb” spotting. I saw Jim Goodwin, Stephen Robinson, a Fleetwood scout, Ian Campbell... 

Would imagine they'd probably be looking at Kevin Nisbet, if it was Harvie or Forrest thank f**k they had their worst performances of the season lol


Nisbet has been attracting some attention but tbf rearranged games are a magnet for scouts/managers. They’ll go to as many games as they can and when there’s not a huge amount of options they’ll turn up anywhere just in case they find a gem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First half was an utter borefest. Turner pulling a great save out of the keeper and Gill almost embarrassed by another free kick. Ayr surprised me by how shit they were, ball kept seeming to go through easily to Gill. Devine and Ashcroft strolled it.

2nd half bit more of the same but a little more open. Great goal from us but I'd imagine Ayr fans will be pissed at how easy we got the ball and broke forward. Nisbit is absolutely brilliant, I hope he's not on a one year deal.

Ayr turned up last 5 minutes and Gill made a couple of excellent clearances, with a brilliant save thrown in.

Think we deserved it in the end, it's enjoyable to see us hold out a lead late on and show robustness in defence. Martin was tremendous, Devine had a good game and Comrie is such a find, what a solid signing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:


I don’t think it would matter.

If a job vacancy is posted most of the time it has a set wage and that will go for all candidates. The only other cost I could think of would be Darren Young’s compensation at East Fife but even then I doubt it would be a significant figure.

It’s not often you see a football managers job posted with a salary attached. There are a few reasons why appointing Kerr could be a cost saving. You would only need to pay him the extra between his players salary and what the manager would earn. Would imagine he’s on a decent wage already  and a replacement player would  be on less. Our assistant manager has no experience at this level and  his previous job was coaching youth teams so again some savings should be made over established no 2’s. If you are saying all candidates would have ended up costing the same then it’s strange how Kerr was chosen over experience. Would have thought one of the big plus points here was bringing our spending back nearer to more sustainable  levels 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Possible penalty shout in the highlights keeper clears out Nisbet when they are both attacking the ball? Other than that seems like Ayr didn't bother their arse until the very end of the match

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Adam101 said:

Possible penalty shout in the highlights keeper clears out Nisbet when they are both attacking the ball? Other than that seems like Ayr didn't bother their arse until the very end of the match

That's fairly accurate, they had no buzz until the last few minutes.

Didn't think it was a penalty at the time despite the cries of our players. Looking back, I'm still unsure. Goalie clatters him going for the ball and misses it, taking out Nisbit. If that's the other way around, it's a foul on the goalie. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aye, it should be a penalty but referees for some reason don't punish goalkeepers nearly enough. 

Any player on anyone else and that's a foul. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

That's fairly accurate, they had no buzz until the last few minutes.

Didn't think it was a penalty at the time despite the cries of our players. Looking back, I'm still unsure. Goalie clatters him going for the ball and misses it, taking out Nisbit. If that's the other way around, it's a foul on the goalie. 

To be fair it's a foul on the keeper when they make an arse of it and anyone dares challenge them for the free ball

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

It’s not often you see a football managers job posted with a salary attached. There are a few reasons why appointing Kerr could be a cost saving. You would only need to pay him the extra between his players salary and what the manager would earn. Would imagine he’s on a decent wage already  and a replacement player would  be on less. Our assistant manager has no experience at this level and  his previous job was coaching youth teams so again some savings should be made over established no 2’s. If you are saying all candidates would have ended up costing the same then it’s strange how Kerr was chosen over experience. Would have thought one of the big plus points here was bringing our spending back nearer to more sustainable  levels 

I do get your good  point on it being cheaper for the club based on Kerr already being there ,  McIntyre and Kerr were both offered the same salary which both found to be satisfactory, the club did save money but it did not make Kerr any cheaper to employ than McIntyre on a personal level , the club save some money only on the short term as they will be using Kerrs salary to pay for his replacement in January is what I have heard 

Edited by Robbo63

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...