Ayr v Pars

32 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

I suppose if Sibbald signs then that will probably make up the difference. So what you are saying is that the club have chosen to go with an inexperienced manager over  experienced candidates for the same salary? As it stands we may also save money with Stewart leaving making one less member of the backroom team

I at no time mentioned experience, but will say I did not want McIntyre or Young as manager , the guy I wanted unfortunately did not get it either , 

13 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

I at no time mentioned experience, but will say I did not want McIntyre or Young as manager , the guy I wanted unfortunately did not get it either , 

You didn’t mention experience directly but a big factor that  separates candidates for any job interview is exactly that.  I know football can operate differently but I just found it bizarre two candidates with opposite levels would be offered the same salary. Unless of course McIntyre is just very keen to work again and happy to take a decent salary cut. Whilst experience is no guarantee of success it usually takes some risk away hence why people will pay more. We seem to have taken a bigger gamble than needed without making cost savings to balance it up  

1 minute ago, AyrExile said:

You didn’t mention experience directly but a big factor that  separates candidates for any job interview is exactly that.  I know football can operate differently but I just found it bizarre two candidates with opposite levels would be offered the same salary. Unless of course McIntyre is just very keen to work again and happy to take a decent salary cut. Whilst experience is no guarantee of success it usually takes some risk away hence why people will pay more. We seem to have taken a bigger gamble than needed without making cost savings to balance it up  

All candidates were happy with the salary so it has no effect on who got job , McIntyre has failed in his last 2 positions just goes to show experience is not everything , club have made a saving on Kerrs playing salary which will be used to strengthen team in January , Kerr has over 20 years experience working at a decent level and being managed by good managers , has all his coaching badges and was wanted by 2 clubs as assistant manager during his time with us , so obviously some people see his strength , time will tell if it was the wrong decision not just over 5 games , he has not had a full squad since he took over , let’s see what he does in January  that’s when he should be judged IMO 

13 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

All candidates were happy with the salary so it has no effect on who got job , McIntyre has failed in his last 2 positions just goes to show experience is not everything , club have made a saving on Kerrs playing salary which will be used to strengthen team in January , Kerr has over 20 years experience working at a decent level and being managed by good managers , has all his coaching badges and was wanted by 2 clubs as assistant manager during his time with us , so obviously some people see his strength , time will tell if it was the wrong decision not just over 5 games , he has not had a full squad since he took over , let’s see what he does in January  that’s when he should be judged IMO 

Not gonna criticise Kerr for anything he’s done yet but more the board for choosing this path. To be fair I would have probably given him until the start of next season before I judge him. Current experience levels imo are similar to those of Roberts and Whyte so need time to learn the basics of management.  On saying that though it’s a cut throat environment and  if they are earning proper wages should probably be expected to produce sooner 

33 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

Not gonna criticise Kerr for anything he’s done yet but more the board for choosing this path. To be fair I would have probably given him until the start of next season before I judge him. Current experience levels imo are similar to those of Roberts and Whyte so need time to learn the basics of management.  On saying that though it’s a cut throat environment and  if they are earning proper wages should probably be expected to produce sooner 

Totally agree with you on this