Ayr v Pars

Doohan made a couple of brilliant saves there. Although, Turner shouldn’t have given him a chance - particularly the second one, where the ball had gone past the keeper at the front post. Defender did well to get enough on it that Doohan had time to get back though. Great saves from Gill at the end too.

Doohan made a couple of brilliant saves there. Although, Turner shouldn’t have given him a chance - particularly the second one, where the ball had gone past the keeper at the front post. Defender did well to get enough on it that Doohan had time to get back though. Great saves from Gill at the end too.

Two year deal thankfully. 

A smart move would be to get another 2 years added on. If any club wants him they better pay the f**k up.

Never going to happen though.

11 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

In what way was he cheaper than Jim McIntyre for example? The wage on offer would be the same for all candidates.

It might have been, it might not (it's not unusual to discuss wages, within a budget or band, once you have picked the preferred candidate). That's not really the point though. Without wanting to give a lot of credence to the easy "cheap option" throwaway, Kerr clearly is cheaper than any other candidate who wasn't already at the club. He's cheaper than Jim McIntyre because Jim McIntyre isn't already on a professional contract with you. Whilst Kerr will undoubtedly be getting paid more to be manager than as a midfielder, he (almost certainly) won't be getting both wages in full (he's effectively retired as a player in all but emergencies from what I understand). Kerr's appointment has saved a playing wage, at least through to the window if it is then used on someone else. Perhaps longer if he isn't replaced directly in the squad.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

52 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

It might have been, it might not (it's not unusual to discuss wages, within a budget or band, once you have picked the preferred candidate). That's not really the point though. Without wanting to give a lot of credence to the easy "cheap option" throwaway, Kerr clearly is cheaper than any other candidate who wasn't already at the club. He's cheaper than Jim McIntyre because Jim McIntyre isn't already on a professional contract with you. Whilst Kerr will undoubtedly be getting paid more to be manager than as a midfielder, he (almost certainly) won't be getting both wages in full (he's effectively retired as a player in all but emergencies from what I understand). Kerr's appointment has saved a playing wage, at least through to the window if it is then used on someone else. Perhaps longer if he isn't replaced directly in the squad.

At last someone who knows the difference between person being cheaper and club saving money and not seeing the PERSON as being cheaper 

Possibly one of the worst performances from Ayr in the past 2 years, Dunfermline were by far the better team, they were hungrier, they were quicker and they had a purpose which sadly we lacked.

Were we rusty ? Were we missing McCowan and his energy so much ? were the tactics wrong ? who knows, but what I do know is that we had absolutely no midfield at all, the forwards were also isolated with Forrest resembling little boy lost out on the wing, Moore putting in a shift but ultimately running around aimlessly and Moff just not getting involved at all.

The bottom line is that they were all too far apart from one another and nobody could link the play.

Kelly had one of his poorest games and was sitting far too deep, Doc was far too passive in possession and Geggan just didn't look at all like his usual self and didn't even put in a challenge over the course of the entire match from what I remember.

Unlike most others I'm not convinced with Houston either, as his positional sense is atrocious and from a purely defensive viewpoint I just don't think he's good enough, quite often he gets away with this due to the team playing well as a whole, however he was definitely found out last night. Harvie did his best (despite his poor attempt at a dive to win a penalty) and I thought Roscoe did ok. Doohan had a good game and saved us from a bigger beating (which we probably deserved). Muirhead wasn't our worst either, however his distribution from the back is really poor, but again we shouldn't be lumping long balls in the first place as that's not our way.

What I would say is that as well as missing Luke, we also missed Mark Kerr terribly, he obviously recognised this fact himself as he got stripped and started warming up but unfortunately Dunfermline scored in the meantime and he shelved the idea, the bottom line being that we missed someone putting their foot on the ball in the middle of the park and Kerr is one of the best around at doing that.

Ryan Dow was the best player on the park for me and we just couldn't handle him at all, Dunfermline thoroughly deserved their victory and I just hope to christ last night was a one off, otherwise it's going to be a grim few months ahead.............

Anyway, what a brilliant result. As most Pars fans I would have taken a point last night so to get all three - and a Cammy Gill clean sheet! - is excellent. Couldn't care less about the performance tbh.

There's now a decent chance we could go 3rd on Saturday, which is sheer madness. Fingers crossed we keep up this run of form and stop throwing in terrible results like Alloa and Stranraer.

I was also surprised last night how well Beadling and Cochrane did in the middle of the park. The first half wasn't great, but they put themselves about and eventually began to see more of the ball. 2nd half Cochrane was terrific I thought, showing a lot of composure for someone so young. Shame he's a Hearts player, hopefully Thomson will be contending for a starting place in the next week or so as he gives us another driving option in there. 

Looks like Turner had a decent game, one moment in particular on the highlights where he picked up a loose ball/ 50/50, and drives at the defenders with pace before picking out a pass to Nisbet. Pretty much exactly what he thrives on by the looks of things.

Looks like Turner had a decent game, one moment in particular on the highlights where he picked up a loose ball/ 50/50, and drives at the defenders with pace before picking out a pass to Nisbet. Pretty much exactly what he thrives on by the looks of things.
Credit Dunfermline great result now up to 4th after a slow start but don't think top four is possible over the course

Sent from my ZTE BLADE V7 using Pie and Bovril mobile app

Possibly one of the worst performances from Ayr in the past 2 years, Dunfermline were by far the better team, they were hungrier, they were quicker and they had a purpose which sadly we lacked.
Were we rusty ? Were we missing McCowan and his energy so much ? were the tactics wrong ? who knows, but what I do know is that we had absolutely no midfield at all, the forwards were also isolated with Forrest resembling little boy lost out on the wing, Moore putting in a shift but ultimately running around aimlessly and Moff just not getting involved at all.
The bottom line is that they were all too far apart from one another and nobody could link the play.
Kelly had one of his poorest games and was sitting far too deep, Doc was far too passive in possession and Geggan just didn't look at all like his usual self and didn't even put in a challenge over the course of the entire match from what I remember.
Unlike most others I'm not convinced with Houston either, as his positional sense is atrocious and from a purely defensive viewpoint I just don't think he's good enough, quite often he gets away with this due to the team playing well as a whole, however he was definitely found out last night. Harvie did his best (despite his poor attempt at a dive to win a penalty) and I thought Roscoe did ok. Doohan had a good game and saved us from a bigger beating (which we probably deserved). Muirhead wasn't our worst either, however his distribution from the back is really poor, but again we shouldn't be lumping long balls in the first place as that's not our way.
What I would say is that as well as missing Luke, we also missed Mark Kerr terribly, he obviously recognised this fact himself as he got stripped and started warming up but unfortunately Dunfermline scored in the meantime and he shelved the idea, the bottom line being that we missed someone putting their foot on the ball in the middle of the park and Kerr is one of the best around at doing that.
Ryan Dow was the best player on the park for me and we just couldn't handle him at all, Dunfermline thoroughly deserved their victory and I just hope to christ last night was a one off, otherwise it's going to be a grim few months ahead.............

Kerr The End

Sent from my ZTE BLADE V7 using Pie and Bovril mobile app

35 minutes ago, smpar said:

He's definitely most effective when playing behind Nisbet. 

That's fairly accurate, they had no buzz until the last few minutes.
Didn't think it was a penalty at the time despite the cries of our players. Looking back, I'm still unsure. Goalie clatters him going for the ball and misses it, taking out Nisbit. If that's the other way around, it's a foul on the goalie. 

Aye it does probably go down as a foul on the keeper the other way but I don’t think it’s a strong enough claim to be a pen, one of those you’d get a free kick on the halfway line for not a penalty.

10 hours ago, Robbo63 said:

I do get your good  point on it being cheaper for the club based on Kerr already being there ,  McIntyre and Kerr were both offered the same salary which both found to be satisfactory, the club did save money but it did not make Kerr any cheaper to employ than McIntyre on a personal level , the club save some money only on the short term as they will be using Kerrs salary to pay for his replacement in January is what I have heard 

I suppose if Sibbald signs then that will probably make up the difference. So what you are saying is that the club have chosen to go with an inexperienced manager over  experienced candidates for the same salary? As it stands we may also save money with Stewart leaving making one less member of the backroom team