Ayr v Pars

Just now, ayrunitedfw said:

Nah, I don’t think so. McIntyre is an experienced manager I think we would need to have paid him more than what we’re paying for Mark Kerr. 

He would also have been an absolutely dreadful appointment. Would you rather we appointed someone useless on £100k a year just so it’s not the “cheap option”.

Nah, I don’t think so. McIntyre is an experienced manager I think we would need to have paid him more than what we’re paying for Mark Kerr. 

I don’t think it would matter.

If a job vacancy is posted most of the time it has a set wage and that will go for all candidates. The only other cost I could think of would be Darren Young’s compensation at East Fife but even then I doubt it would be a significant figure.

5 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Totally wrong there , but why let facts get in your way of being Mr Negative at all times , I honestly don’t know why you follow the team , never give praise and always looking for ways to blame the club , the team were stinking tonight but not much more he could have done to starting line up , too many players had an off night  

That was all very similar to the first few months of the year, with a 4-4-2 and a central midfielder shunted out wide.  Absolutely dreadful.  Draw would probably have been fair  had their keeper not made that superb save with seconds left,  but on the other hand their win was hardly a robbery.    

Longest I've seen of McKenzie and he looked pretty useful, certainly did more than Moore or Moffat did.  Forrest was absolutely non existent, but he does seem far better in the more attacking role rather than just as a left midfielder. 

Just now, Robbo63 said:

Totally wrong there , but why let facts get in your way of being Mr Negative at all times , I honestly don’t know why you follow the team , never give praise and always looking for ways to blame the club , the team were stinking tonight but not much more he could have done to starting line up , too many players had an off night  

Only thing on the line up for me is that I'd have liked to see McGuffie as a straight swap for McCowan and keep trying to play the same way as we have been.  As soon as we go down the 4-4-2 with a non wide man out wide route we look very very ordinary

Well McGuffie should have started out wide instead of Geggan in terms of the starting line up.

In terms of the substitutions:

He should have brought himself on - we needed someone in the middle of the park to dictate the game so I have no idea why Geggan wasn’t taken off. I certainly wouldn’t be taking Moffat and Forrest off either. Even if he didn’t want to play himself, McGuffie should have been on for Geggan far earlier.

2 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

I think you’ll find I praised the club/squad after our wins against Partick and Morton? But never mind im Mr Negative. It’s a football forum for people to express their opinions. 

If I’m constantly negative towards the club then why am I constantly defending them whether opposition fans have a go at the ticket system? 

Think your comment is therefore unfair @Robbo63

1 minute ago, ayrunitedfw said:

I think you’ll find I praised the club/squad after our wins against Partick and Morton? But never mind im Mr Negative. It’s a football forum for people to express their opinions. 

If I’m constantly negative towards the club then why am I constantly defending them whether opposition fans have a go at the ticket system? 

Read the majority of your posts and I think you will find you are wrong , praise after a couple of wins but criticise every draw and defeat no matter how well we played , some time some teams are just better than us on the day , you continually say cheapest option on new players , manager when the facts show they are not , no difference in salary between them , express your opinions all you want and I will continue to express mine , which in most cases are more positive than yours , I am a half full type of guy and you just happen to be half empty , 

27 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

It’s not unfair, you’re easily the most negative poster on here by a mile and always looking to stick the boot into the club eve when it’s clear in certain situations they’ve not done anything wrong. If you read most of your posts as a neutral fan I’d assume you were a Killie troll like west curve because of how negative you are.

Brutal... Dunfermline wanted it more. They pressed us continually. We weren't at the races until 1 nil down.

I drove 2hr 30 mins round trip to watch that p1sh! I confess I left when Moffat was subbed to get back on the road.

The small squad and injuries is beginning to bite. There are a few players needing benched. Particularly the two centre halves - how many bites at the cherry did Nisbet get? I think it was at least 4.

January can't come quick enough. We need to refresh the squad and make some additions.

ETA - Pass marks for Moffat, Doohan, Houston. 

Edited by Trogdor

What an absolute howler of a performance from all of the outfield players, only pass mark for me was Doohan who I’ve been critical off recently.

Wont go into individuals but I will say to Mark Kerr that tactically in the first half hoof ball up to Moore was painful to watch and if continued will get you the sack.

what happened to the 3 week break has helped us my god.

2 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Certainly not a game that will love long on the memory. The most exciting part was “celeb” spotting. I saw Jim Goodwin, Stephen Robinson, a Fleetwood scout, Ian Campbell... 

Would imagine they'd probably be looking at Kevin Nisbet, if it was Harvie or Forrest thank f**k they had their worst performances of the season lol

Muirhead def back to his old ways recently. Thought he'd actually turned a corner at one point with some of his displays. Maybe the lack of competition for his place makes him more reckless, or he needs a manger like McCall to keep him in check constantly.

Harvie was absolutely dreadful. One of the worst individual performances I've seen in a long time.

Good value for our win tonight, only 2nd away win of the season and couldn't have came at a better time.