Ayr v Pars

Think this will finish 2-1.   Absolutely no idea which way though.  I think going so long without seeing us play, coupled with the last performance being the standard defeat at QoS is making me begin to doubt that we are actually half decent these days. 

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

It’s almost like an injury prone player is injured.

He’ll have fucked himself again in training.

What an odd comment.  Warped perception again I would guess.  Bell has been out injured since early september and was available to play by mid-November.  Hardly the end of the world.  Seems he is now ill rather than injured which is unfortunate.  Prior to this recent problem, he has barely had any injury problems at all at Ayr, save for a minor problem that kept him out for 2/3 weeks at the beginning of this year.

What an odd comment.  Warped perception again I would guess.  Bell has been out injured since early september and was available to play by mid-November.  Hardly the end of the world.  Seems he is now ill rather than injured which is unfortunate.  Prior to this recent problem, he has barely had any injury problems at all at Ayr, save for a minor problem that kept him out for 2/3 weeks at the beginning of this year.

If he’s ill then fair enough but a guy who sustained an injury that saw him without a club for around 2 years is probably going to feel the effects of that as he gets older. It should be absolutely no surprise when he picks up knocks.

In an already small squad we’ve got 2 long term injuries (one of which we’ll probably never see again) and 3 or 4 guys that will get bruises and bumps pretty easily. We’ve been dealing with injury problems for the last 3 or 4 years so it doesn’t really surprise me anymore.

2 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

If he’s ill then fair enough but a guy who sustained an injury that saw him without a club for around 2 years is probably going to feel the effects of that as he gets older. It should be absolutely no surprise when he picks up knocks.

In an already small squad we’ve got 2 long term injuries (one of which we’ll probably never see again) and 3 or 4 guys that will get bruises and bumps pretty easily. We’ve been dealing with injury problems for the last 3 or 4 years so it doesn’t really surprise me anymore.

I suspect the real problem is that we are trying to get by with such a tiny squad that any injury seems like a calamity.   On top of that, we seem to have consistent issues of late diagnosing problems and putting a realistic recovery time on them with fans being told that a player mibbe might be fit for Saturday coming but is still out 4 weeks later.  All this does is fuel frustration and create an impression that a player is injury prone rather than just being out for 6-8 weeks, which is not the end of the world.  The other issue with not diagnosing problems properly is that players are likely playing on when they shouldn’t or are being rushed back when they’re not ready which just stores up more problems.
As far as I can see, Bell averaged 30+ games a season in his 4 years or so at Stranraer before coming to Ayr, where, as I point out he has had few problems prior to this season, so don’t think you’re being fair at all.

Usually like the away day to Somerset but I can't really justify a midweek jaunt down, especially at this time of year. A shame, as a match under the lights there is usually a good way to sound a night (I've been to a couple - one Tuesday nights game in the late 90s/early 2000s where I think we may have won 2-0 with Crawford and Bullen scoring and a Friday night game around 5 years ago?). Hopefully we can build on Saturday and get something - our away form is pretty rubbish (draw at Queens, draw at Morton, lost the rest I think, inducing Alloa and Arbroath in the league and while we beat St Mirren and drew with Celtic in the Betfred, we lost in that competition to Edinburgh City and last week at Stranraer in the Scottish) so a draw would do just the job. 1-1, the in-form Nisbet and Forrest.

11 minutes ago, HMIP said:

I suspect the real problem is that we are trying to get by with such a tiny squad that any injury seems like a calamity.   On top of that, we seem to have consistent issues of late diagnosing problems and putting a realistic recovery time on them with fans being told that a player mibbe might be fit for Saturday coming but is still out 4 weeks later.  All this does is fuel frustration and create an impression that a player is injury prone rather than just being out for 6-8 weeks, which is not the end of the world.  The other issue with not diagnosing problems properly is that players are likely playing on when they shouldn’t or are being rushed back when they’re not ready which just stores up more problems.
As far as I can see, Bell averaged 30+ games a season in his 4 years or so at Stranraer before coming to Ayr, where, as I point out he has had few problems prior to this season, so don’t think you’re being fair at all.

Good points, I agree that it's maybe us who need to manage our expectations better, however the club don't help us in any way with this, as the little information they give us at all, is generally wrong.

Murdoch we knew was out for the season, however the likes of Adams, Bell & McGuffie were all allegedly "just a couple of weeks" which turned in to months without any real updates.

Of course this is not a new thing as we've had to deal with a similar level of misinformation over the past few seasons.

In a nutshell I think we can all understand players will get injured, however it would just be much better if the club gave us realistic updates and time frames where at all possible rather than us speculating all the time............

1 hour ago, HMIP said:

Kerr pointed out in one of his early interviews that a lot of injury problems have been caused by or prolonged by rushing players back. I agree that the squad is tiny and any injuries would seem more problematic because of the small squad but I also don't think we should have signed all 4 of the so called injury prone players in Adams, Bell, Moore and to a degree Geggan. I don't mean not sign any of them but to have all 4 as part of our small squad was always going to cause problems. Add to that guys like Forrest & Doc who have had a few problems also.  

Edited by malkyshotton

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

If he’s ill then fair enough but a guy who sustained an injury that saw him without a club for around 2 years is probably going to feel the effects of that as he gets older. 

Aye, he's done very well to get back playing at all, which is a crying shame because before his injuries he was looking top class, easily good enough to have a career at a Premier league level. If I remember correctly his body wasn't able to hold upto full time football hence dropping in at such a low level, wouldn't surprise me if he only trains 1/2 times a week when he's actually fit.