Ayr v Pars

4 minutes ago, RedEd said:

The good news is that it has been raining overnight in Ayr, with the promise of more to come. It should see the pitch thawed out.

Should be high single figures by the time this match is played so no chance it will be off. 

I’d be happy with a draw tomorrow. Away from home, we have been very poor this season, with the exception of the game against Partick. 4 defeats and 2 draws in the other 6.

A win would see us climb into the top 4, which would obviously be very good at this stage.

Despite Dunfermline’s inconsistencies you’d expect them to be on a high after Saturday and us to be a bit rusty after such a big break.

We’ve got two games in hand over ICT and it’s important we try and get 6/6 and put a wee gap between them and ourselves.

I’ll say 2-0 Ayr with Moff and Forrest scoring.

1 hour ago, WATTOO said:

First game after quite a long lay off and also without McCowan against a pretty decent and in form Dunfermline side.

I'd also be happy enough with a draw.

I swear to god, you say every game that you’d be happy with a draw. 

Also on form Dunfermline side? They had lost to Stranraer and Alloa before winning on Saturday.

1 minute ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Also on form Dunfermline side? They had lost to Stranraer and Alloa before winning on Saturday.

Tbf over the last 6 league games we are second in the league apparently. 

Inevitably that means we're about to go on a stonking losing run. 

1 hour ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Yes, you're probably right as I don't have high levels of expectation (years of watching Ayr does this to you) and then if we actually do win then it feels much better and like a bonus.

As I've said before, I take nothing for granted in this league as every single team is more than capable of beating each other at any given time....

To be fair, because of the original tie being postponed, 4 of our last 6 games have been at home (we won them all), which makes our form look good. Unfortunately for us, we’re absolutely dreadful away from home and this is most likely going to be a home win.

That being said, I do think we are capable of beating anyone in this league, on our day. But most teams probably feel the same, including Ayr.