Saints v The Well 4/12/19

16 minutes ago, Swello said:

I'm slightly cautious about this one as St Mirren seem to be doing a lot right and look a pretty decent team apart from up front - so not expecting an easy night. On the positive side, we've only failed to score in 3 games this season stretching back to the betfred groups, so we've got a good chance of picking something up if we can keep that going.

Interesting to see if Robinson feels like resting anyone with another game coming up on Saturday - otherwise the team is picking itself at the moment...

Aye. Robinson was saying a few had shown signs of illness on Saturday. How much of that was legit and how much of it was mitigating a fairly flat performance who knows but he was suggesting that he may look to change things up a bit for tonight.

We've a ton of games coming up (as does everyone tbf) so I'm expecting some rotation but the idea of dropping players in and out definitely gives me the fear a bit. Especially since, as you say, we've had a consistent starting XI that's been doing alright up until now.

I noticed that bar Semple (who's listed as a Reserve anyway) there were no first team players involved with the Reserves again in their 1-1 draw with Celtic on Monday.

Edited by capt_oats

9 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

Pressure's on Motherwell to do the right thing, tbh. Any points they take from us will literally be taking money away from a foodbank. At Christmas. They always seemed like decent folk so I'm sure they'll step up. 😍

Hard to blame Motherwell for any of this when we've yet to register a shot on target.

Fucking pathetic. First time in about 15 years I've left early. I've stuck a lot worse sides than this out but not a single shot in 80 mins? Nah. 

Aye same here, I’m usually there to the bitter end but chucked it when the third went in. No width, no shape in midfield, no threat up front and no shots. Rank.

What summed it up for me was when Flynn finally managed to get forward early in the second half. He held the ball up for about ten seconds but no one showed for a pass, then right after he beat a couple of men before being tackled by Cammy MacPherson on the right wing. There just seems to be no desire to run into space and no quality on the odd occasion we get forward.

Chucked it early too. I've sat to FT for some right stinking performances but that was up there. Utter, utter dross and the early train was appealing. You know the team can do better, so to see such a lightweight, spineless performance with no effort was galling.

We got what we deserve and Motherwell won at a canter. Indeed they could have won that with the Under 18s. The goals are laughable defending and the Motherwell keeper could have been a traffic cone. 

Foley missing is a bad start as is Broadfoot and MacKenzie going down early, but no wonder we don't score goals. We have full backs that don't cross, instead will pass it back to deep holding midfielder or the centre backs. We can't put in a decent ball at set pieces or corners. We have no width in midfield. Confidence is shot and they hide and take the safe option every time.

Andreu needs hunted- strolling about like it is at 5s game and falling over every 2 seconds- like he did when someone challenged him for their second goal. Waters is hung out to dry, but doesn't help himself- lightweight, rarely wins a header and refuses to tackle anyone- Scott was allowed to run at him until he was inside the box and it was too late.

Jim needs to get it sorted, but he is culpable for the line up and the players that don't perform. As for the subs - Obika might not be great, but he has some height up front and challenges for balls. Changing him for Cooke might make sense, but to put Morais on.... 

Also talking about height up front, Ross Stewart scoring 2 goals. Magic decision to can him....