Arbroath v Dundee

Happy days indeed then apparently at Tannadice, to have a lower league successful team at the fourth year of asking and outlandish expenditure.
That's more than they brought to Dens Park in May 2016 on a delightful, I recollect, sunny Springtime evening. Share the wealth and goodwill I say, lol.
Best regards

It wasn't a dig at Dundee mate.

I think he means that for Dundee fans to get a ticket most of them will have to get to and from Dens as well as travelling through here

It’s not exactly a hardship is it, they have a club shop open most of the time for the distribution of tickets so it’s a shite excuse really, I can understand our fans a little frustrated by the odd hour each day but that’s where we are at, the fact volunteers help us should be commended really.

It’s not exactly a hardship is it, they have a club shop open most of the time for the distribution of tickets so it’s a shite excuse really, I can understand our fans a little frustrated by the odd hour each day but that’s where we are at, the fact volunteers help us should be commended really.

Well it is a bit. The shop is open 10-5 and then 10-3 on matchday. Most Dundee fans won't live right next to Dens, for a lot of people it would probably take longer to go and buy a ticket than it would take to drive through to Arbroath.

Well it is a bit. The shop is open 10-5 and then 10-3 on matchday. Most Dundee fans won't live right next to Dens, for a lot of people it would probably take longer to go and buy a ticket than it would take to drive through to Arbroath.

It’s not like Dundee is a metropolis, if 15 mins Of someone’s time is too much they could’ve bought them over the phone. It’s not been the hassle people want to be.

Some mental opinions on this thread such as “I hope we lose so the manager gets sacked.” Imagine wanting your own team to lose...ever. Bizarre.

It’s not like Dundee is a metropolis, if 15 mins Of someone’s time is too much they could’ve bought them over the phone. It’s not been the hassle people want to be.

Some mental opinions on this thread such as “I hope we lose so the manager gets sacked.” Imagine wanting your own team to lose...ever. Bizarre.

Would still need to go and pick them up. Not a metropolis no but still not ideal.

Probably just that pissed off, they've had a really really shitey few year, not even got much better after dropping a level.

Remember being very annoyed with how long we were giving Lumsden... worked out very well in the end thankfully.

I think you will find that’s how away support works.  When a team is doing well they have a bigger away support than when the team is not doing well.
I could just lie and say that the reason I’m not going is because I don’t want to go to a coastal town that they forgot to close down.

I thought bigmouth was the Morrissey fan?

2 hours ago, Mexico said:

2 hours ago, Mexico said:

Does it matter if it is a hardship? Why should a supposed entertainment sector make it even slightly difficult to attend? Drive away fans. Brilliant marketing.

I don't condone wanting McPake sacked - but if you've never been in a position where you think a manager getting sacked will serve the greater good then you've not been a fan long.

On Sat 12th March 1977 Gayfield had a crowd of 9,558 for the quater final of the Scottish Cup against Dundee.
Arbroath scored the opening goal in the first few minutes, but were defeated 1-3 ( match highlights are on You Tube ).
This week's match is perhaps the first time in over 40 years since Dundee have played at Gayfield in a competitive match.
Arbroath Vs Dundee is a great local derby from years gone by - back in '77 Dundee a big away support.
Surely Dundee are going to bring a big support for this match - it's only 16 miles down the road.
On another matter - did John Flectcher also play for Dundee back in the 70s ?

I was there in 1977 - 10 years old watching Gordon Strachan giving the Arbroath defence a new one.

Does it matter if it is a hardship? Why should a supposed entertainment sector make it even slightly difficult to attend? Drive away fans. Brilliant marketing.
I don't condone wanting McPake sacked - but if you've never been in a position where you think a manager getting sacked will serve the greater good then you've not been a fan long.

Dick Campbell sacked by Forfar 12th December 2015

Todd Lumsden job on a shaky peg ahead of our game on the 15th December 2015 against Berwick...

I remember wanting him gone and DC in charge. Wouldn't have cared if we got beat by Berwick if it meant we could get DC in quickly and before the January window.

We ended up winning that game and enduring 3 more months of torture. Thankfully it worked out well in the end

Dick Campbell sacked by Forfar 12th December 2015

Todd Lumsden job on a shaky peg ahead of our game on the 15th December 2015 against Berwick...

I remember wanting him gone and DC in charge. Wouldn't have cared if we got beat by Berwick if it meant we could get DC in quickly and before the January window.

We ended up winning that game and enduring 3 more months of torture. Thankfully it worked out well in the end

We were 1-0 down at halftime that night, then Craig f*****g Wilson scored a screamer, thanks Craig, ffs

It depends if you see football as a sport or entertainment, it’s certainly in the sporting sector.

Please don’t patronise me by suggesting I haven’t been a fan very long, I’ve just never been in a position when I’d rather Arbroath lose a match even for “the greater good.” In fact I’ve been going long enough to see Dundee in administration, twice.

It’s quite conceivable that Dundee could win this match and McPake could still get sacked as surely no Dundee boss in history will be defined either way but a result against us. Surely if he’s not the man for the job it doesn’t rest on one result.

I hope Arbroath win today, even if we play shite I couldn’t care less, that’s because I see football as a sport first and an entertainment second.

It depends if you see football as a sport or entertainment, it’s certainly in the sporting sector.

Please don’t patronise me by suggesting I haven’t been a fan very long, I’ve just never been in a position when I’d rather Arbroath lose a match even for “the greater good.” In fact I’ve been going long enough to see Dundee in administration, twice.

It’s quite conceivable that Dundee could win this match and McPake could still get sacked as surely no Dundee boss in history will be defined either way but a result against us. Surely if he’s not the man for the job it doesn’t rest on one result.

I hope Arbroath win today, even if we play shite I couldn’t care less, that’s because I see football as a sport first and an entertainment second.
LOL