Arbroath v Dundee

Things have got so bad I’d rather go Christmas shopping than travel 20 miles to watch the sort of football McPake is serving up. I will not be one of the 600.

I find this attitude pretty shitty if I’m honest. Even when we were at the bottom of League 2 under Lumsden I still travelled the length and breadth of the country to watch us. Some horrendous afternoons/evenings in Berwick and Elgin were had. Suppose it’s what makes these days all the more sweet

1 hour ago, ecto said:

77/78, 78/79, we were in the same league as Dundee

1977 was the last time Arbroath were in the same league as Dundee - after '77 league reconstruction came in and Arbroath and the two Dundee teams never appeared in the same leagues again until this season.

From season '77 - '78 onwards there were only 10 teams in the top league.

47 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

I find this attitude pretty shitty if I’m honest. Even when we were at the bottom of League 2 under Lumsden I still travelled the length and breadth of the country to watch us. Some horrendous afternoons/evenings in Berwick and Elgin were had. Suppose it’s what makes these days all the more sweet

Exactly mate well said, it’s part and parcel of following your club, our recent success feels incredible and even sweeter which you really appreciate  when you recap all the lows that came before 🇱🇻🙌🏆

Edited by 36-0 Maroon

Why are there not tickets for sale saturday at all for the Arbroath end?? If u havent bought ur ticket by tonight you cant go?? Thats a crazy decision,

Fully agree have a cash gate, even if u put a limit on how many tickets are available if its got anything to do with numbers or the police

Let's be honest how many people can be at Gayfield between 10 and 2 through the week? Very few

Basically there's been 3 hours (6-7pm x 3 nights) for the vast majority of people to be able to buy tickets.

If you're unsure whether you can go until Saturday? Tough

Anyway enough moaning about that from me. Looking forward to this game now.

Last league game before this season was 6th May 1979 in Division one. This was a 14 team second tier when each team played each other 3 times. Arbroath won 2-0 at Dens. There’s been 2 league cup and 2 challenge cup games since then and the league game earlier this season.

The 79 game was the last time Arbroath beat Dundee.
Dundee won the league and got promoted, Arbroath were 10th. This was the last game of the season and Dundee’s only home defeat.

3 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

Every year I get a season ticket and go to all the home games but away days are discretionary.

I’m seeing little effort from most of the players and the manager, so I really don’t see why the onus is on me to make an effort.

I’m particularly fed up of watching McDaid getting the ball and running on the spot / doing a Riverdance type thing over the ball before passing the ball backwards. 

A constant starter under McPake as well.  He’s assisted in only one more goal than penalties he’s given away this season in the league!  A grim stat for a winger.

Edited by Shadow Play

2 hours ago, Mexico said:

So basically some Dundee fans won’t be going because they are shite at the moment?

I think you will find that’s how away support works.  When a team is doing well they have a bigger away support than when the team is not doing well.

I could just lie and say that the reason I’m not going is because I don’t want to go to a coastal town that they forgot to close down.

I think you will find that’s how away support works.  When a team is doing well they have a bigger away support than when the team is not doing well.
I could just lie and say that the reason I’m not going is because I don’t want to go to a coastal town that they forgot to close down.

🤦🏻‍♂️

1977 was the last time Arbroath were in the same league as Dundee - after '77 league reconstruction came in and Arbroath and the two Dundee teams never appeared in the same leagues again until this season.
From season '77 - '78 onwards there were only 10 teams in the top league.

For 3 seasons from 76/77, 77/78 and 78/79 Arbroath and Dundee were in the same league

Last league game before this season was 6th May 1979 in Division one. This was a 14 team second tier when each team played each other 3 times. Arbroath won 2-0 at Dens. There’s been 2 league cup and 2 challenge cup games since then and the league game earlier this season.

The 79 game was the last time Arbroath beat Dundee.
Dundee won the league and got promoted, Arbroath were 10th. This was the last game of the season and Dundee’s only home defeat.

Was at this game, played on a Sunday

It might be how Dundee’s away support work. Can’t say wether or not I think my team will win would have any bearing at all on if I choose to attend a game.

4 hours ago, Mexico said:

So basically some Dundee fans won’t be going because they are shite at the moment?

2 hours ago, Shadow Play said:

21 minutes ago, Mexico said:

It might be how Dundee’s away support work. Can’t say wether or not I think my team will win would have any bearing at all on if I choose to attend a game.

Sorry Mexico, you seem to have misunderstood what I am saying.  It’s not about simply winning.  I am fairly certain Dundee will win tomorrow.  The issue is the quality of football, the style of football and the tactics being employed by McPake. 

I’ve been to Celtic Park and Ibrox on many occasions watching Dundee.  Each time I’ve gone I was pretty certain we would get beat but I’ve gone because there was something about what was happening with the club that was exciting and positive.  

Edited by Shadow Play