Arbroath v Dundee

29 minutes ago, clashcityrocker said:

On Sat 12th March 1977 Gayfield had a crowd of 9,558 for the quater final of the Scottish Cup against Dundee.

Arbroath scored the opening goal in the first few minutes, but were defeated 1-3 ( match highlights are on You Tube ).

This week's match is perhaps the first time in over 40 years since Dundee have played at Gayfield in a competitive match.

Arbroath Vs Dundee is a great local derby from years gone by - back in '77 Dundee a big away support.

Surely Dundee are going to bring a big support for this match - it's only 16 miles down the road.

On another matter - did John Flectcher also play for Dundee back in the 70s ?

Not quite. League Cup in 1980/81 & Challenge Cup in 2011/12.

On Sat 12th March 1977 Gayfield had a crowd of 9,558 for the quater final of the Scottish Cup against Dundee.
Arbroath scored the opening goal in the first few minutes, but were defeated 1-3 ( match highlights are on You Tube ).
This week's match is perhaps the first time in over 40 years since Dundee have played at Gayfield in a competitive match.
Arbroath Vs Dundee is a great local derby from years gone by - back in '77 Dundee a big away support.
Surely Dundee are going to bring a big support for this match - it's only 16 miles down the road.
On another matter - did John Flectcher also play for Dundee back in the 70s ?

Were we not in the same league as Dundee in 77? Seem to remember playing them, at Gayfield not long after the cup tie

Where’s the best place to park?

There's a big grassy area at the back of Gayfield, can be a total nightmare getting out after game when busy though. I'd look to park up and around Viewfield road area, plenty of wide open streets and free parking around about there.

Maybe even worth taking a quick detour via Arbirlot and on to dualler that way on way home, obviously going back to Arbroath and around the roundabout again.

Heading along with an absolute rag tag gang to this for our Christmas day oot, where's best for some pre-match liquidation? I see this Tutties Neuk seems to have good reviews but apparently quite small? We'll be up the back of 12.

Ridiculous that in all the years we've been in the same league I've never actually made the trip to Gayfield.

Heading along with an absolute rag tag gang to this for our Christmas day oot, where's best for some pre-match liquidation? I see this Tutties Neuk seems to have good reviews but apparently quite small? We'll be up the back of 12.
Ridiculous that in all the years we've been in the same league I've never actually made the trip to Gayfield.

Station & West Port Bar both decent and will be showing the football. Tutties is class but would need to get there early, and it’ll be rammed.

Do you realise it's all ticket?

Someone said to me he was going to do the very same this morning with a few of his mates (not Dundee fans just from Dundee) for a bevy and to take game in but never knew this

Played for both clubs - Andy Dow. Utter c**t. It's been 15 years, half my lifetime, since he played for us, and his name still makes me angry and I hate the c**t. He was our team captain, who seemed to think he was too good for us, and one day turned up to a game to find out he'd finally been dropped and told the manager he didn't want to sit on the bench and was going home. Incredible to think he was the captain FFS.

Also, a couple of months prior to this with us on an absolutely dreadful run of form and having not won away from home for over a year, we played St Mirren and Dow got dogs abuse from their support for being shite when he played for them. We get a penalty in the last minute, Dow decides it's his ball not our usual penalty taker in an attempt to get it right up the St Mirren fans. The fucking useless c**t missed and the ref immediately blew for full time.

I fucking hate Andy Dow.

4 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Do you realise it's all ticket?

Someone said to me he was going to do the very same this morning with a few of his mates (not Dundee fans just from Dundee) for a bevy and to take game in but never knew this

Aye one of the gang is a season ticket holder at the Dees. We try to get to at least one of each others games a season, he bought the tickets last week. 

Played for both clubs - Andy Dow. Utter c**t. It's been 15 years, half my lifetime, since he played for us, and his name still makes me angry and I hate the c**t. He was our team captain, who seemed to think he was too good for us, and one day turned up to a game to find out he'd finally been dropped and told the manager he didn't want to sit on the bench and was going home. Incredible to think he was the captain FFS.
Also, a couple of months prior to this with us on an absolutely dreadful run of form and having not won away from home for over a year, we played St Mirren and Dow got dogs abuse from their support for being shite when he played for them. We get a penalty in the last minute, Dow decides it's his ball not our usual penalty taker in an attempt to get it right up the St Mirren fans. The fucking useless c**t missed and the ref immediately blew for full time.
I fucking hate Andy Dow.

[emoji23][emoji23]

9 hours ago, lichtgilphead said:

Not quite. League Cup in 1980/81 & Challenge Cup in 2011/12.

The last time Arbroath played Dundee in a competitive league match was in season 74 - 75 ( this was the final season of the old league set up with 18 teams in the league ) - so it's been 45 years since Arbroath have played Dundee in a league match.

Dundee finished 5th in the league that season and Arbroath bottom.

Great to have this local league derby back - it's been a long wait.

Regarding the result tomorrow - I think Arbroath will sneak a home win.

19 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Arbroath have fucked themselves out of a couple of extra hundred on their gate. We ain't gonna sell out and I'm sure there's plenty like me that can't be arsed going to the ticket office.

After paying £24 to get into Dens park last time.  i wont be arsed going back.  Whoever sets  that price needs to issue masks to the turnstile staff.I thought hoofball was a working class sport?

Edited by Douglas Peel
spelling

Why are there not tickets for sale saturday at all for the Arbroath end?? If u havent bought ur ticket by tonight you cant go?? Thats a crazy decision,

Fully agree have a cash gate, even if u put a limit on how many tickets are available if its got anything to do with numbers or the police

The last time Arbroath played Dundee in a competitive league match was in season 74 - 75 ( this was the final season of the old league set up with 18 teams in the league ) - so it's been 45 years since Arbroath have played Dundee in a league match.
Dundee finished 5th in the league that season and Arbroath bottom.
Great to have this local league derby back - it's been a long wait.
Regarding the result tomorrow - I think Arbroath will sneak a home win.

Am not sure this is right, when did Terry Wilson punch Jim Shira at Dens, that was a league game,

Why are there not tickets for sale saturday at all for the Arbroath end?? If u havent bought ur ticket by tonight you cant go?? Thats a crazy decision,

Fully agree have a cash gate, even if u put a limit on how many tickets are available if its got anything to do with numbers or the police

Really poor decision by the club, hopefully they review the amount of tickets sold & announce a cash gate 1st thing tomorrow

13 hours ago, ASC1878 said:

Was at Morrison’s fish counter today , got speaking to the lad behind the counter and he said he heard through the grapevine that just over 600 away end tickets have been sold

Things have got so bad I’d rather go Christmas shopping than travel 20 miles to watch the sort of football McPake is serving up. I will not be one of the 600.