Arbroath v Dundee

20 minutes ago, AFC360PUNK1320 said:

Here is a good question for fans of both clubs, name the players who have played for both clubs?

John Fletcher. Simon Murray and him that looked like Dolph Lundgren.

Thank you.

Edited by Bigmouth Strikes Again

56 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

It's ten minutes up the road from me and I can't be fucked with it. Sticking a home win on the coupon.

Thank you.

Same here Biggie, couldn't make the QOS game last weekend and had planned a visit to the Arbroath game. Not been at the ground for many years.

Enough life experience however to know shite when I hear it from the recent interviews etc coming out of Dens Park.

On a different brighter note though, how many Dees recognise the ex Arbroath player on "ecto's" profile picture on page 3 of the thread?

Best regards

Colin McNab used to own the Crown Bar in West Abbey Street. He had a Scotland jersey on display in the public bar. It belonged to his father (also Colin) who played for both clubs in the 1920's - 1930's

Colin Jnr was a friend of my dad and he never mentioned that. Maybe he didn’t know to be fair. The Crown was a nice wee bar

Steven Milne, Graham Bayne, Gavin Beith, Tony Bullock, Colin Cameron, Pat Clarke, Bryan Deasley, Jim Hamilton, Danny Griffin, Bobby Glennie, Scott Gates, Rab Douglas, & Leighton McIntosh to name but a few.

On Sat 12th March 1977 Gayfield had a crowd of 9,558 for the quater final of the Scottish Cup against Dundee.

Arbroath scored the opening goal in the first few minutes, but were defeated 1-3 ( match highlights are on You Tube ).

This week's match is perhaps the first time in over 40 years since Dundee have played at Gayfield in a competitive match.

Arbroath Vs Dundee is a great local derby from years gone by - back in '77 Dundee a big away support.

Surely Dundee are going to bring a big support for this match - it's only 16 miles down the road.

On another matter - did John Flectcher also play for Dundee back in the 70s ?