Arbroath v Dundee

Arbroath have fucked themselves out of a couple of extra hundred on their gate. We ain't gonna sell out and I'm sure there's plenty like me that can't be arsed going to the ticket office.

Arbroath have fucked themselves out of a couple of extra hundred on their gate. We ain't gonna sell out and I'm sure there's plenty like me that can't be arsed going to the ticket office.

Aye it's same at both ends, hope they announce it's changed tomorrow.

Even harder for picking them up at Gayfield. Only open 10-2 (understandably) through the week and they're opening up an hour on a couple of nights but it's no use really.

Announced it on social media and the website but there's a lot of people who don't have that or look on the website.

Mate in work wasn't going to go due to that very reason but I managed annoy him enough to force him to get up to Dens during his lunch break

1 minute ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Aye it's same at both ends, hope they announce it's changed tomorrow.

Even harder for picking them up at Gayfield. Only open 10-2 (understandably) through the week and they're opening up an hour on a couple of nights but it's no use really.

Announced it on social media and the website but there's a lot of people who don't have that or look on the website.

Mate in work wasn't going to go due to that very reason but I managed annoy him enough to force him to get up to Dens during his lunch break

Dundee have just tweeted this:

And Arbroath just posted this:

Ugh

Even if it's all ticket, don't see why we can't sell them on Saturday at least.

It's fine when clubs have a system in place for this, at United (sure Dundee is the same) you can do it all online and just pick up at ticket office right before KO, or queue at the ticket office right up until KO.

So even though it's all ticket it's just an extra step you have to go through at the ground to avoid the turnstile operators dealing with cash

Maybe if it's a failure and a disappointing crowd (in terms of what we expected) we can learn for the week after or the following fixtures at home later in the season

7 minutes ago, Lichtie78 said:

I think the police will have said if we don’t make it all ticket, they’ll assign loads of extra coppers and charge us for it.

Why would they do that?  The amount of times we have played each other in the past they haven't even cared about segregation half the time. Reeks of a club decision thinking we are going to brings 1000s when considering the atmosphere around our club you'll be lucky if there's 500 Dees.

Looks like a very poor decision by the club, whatever the capacity of Gayfield we are never ever going to sell this game out mainly down to the time of year in terms of weather and other things on that December brings. Add into that the general apathy in the Dundee support. Will be round about 2ooo i think

Wrong. I lived in Arbroath for 5 years from 1978. I could be sitting at my back door enjoying the warmth of the sun and go to the golf course at the shore front and it would be blowing a hoolie but that doesn’t affect the weather forecast which is for Arbroath in general, not the waterfront.

I'm sure you're halcyon years in arbroath some years ago think make a good John Kettley on weather predictions but maybe take the word of someone who lives in Dundee and works in Arbroath 5 days (or nights at the moment) a week may be more accurate.

The wind has picked up over the last few days and even though it's coming from the West which should counter any "wave" incidents, it's expected you'll get splattered to the pus with some rain on Saturday in blustery conditions.

Why would they do that?  The amount of times we have played each other in the past they haven't even cared about segregation half the time. Reeks of a club decision thinking we are going to brings 1000s when considering the atmosphere around our club you'll be lucky if there's 500 Dees.

I’ve no idea mate. I’m sure the club has been asked re segregation for games against Forfar & Raith and the answer was that if no segregation was in force, extra police charges would be incurred. Our board have been brilliant and wouldn’t be doing this without good reason IMO.

I don’t understand why they can’t have a cash gate like normal and hand you a ticket at the turnstile, loads of clubs do this and when they’re gone, they’re gone.

I’m sure there would be a few people wake up on the Saturday and fancy it.

In regards the Gayfield capacity debate the current Gayfield capacity is 6,600 which the ground can hold no problem at all, this is near enough the same size of ground which held 13,510 in the 1950's, the reason why it is cut to 6,600 is because the number of crush barriers and exit gates, a few years ago the capacity was nearly 5,000 but got raised to 6,600 as the club improved the crush barriers.

In regards the all-ticket scenario, i also agree because of the time of year (loads of folk are away to other places on works Christmas days out this Saturday) and the current feeling with DFC fans about their club i think we could have made this game pay-at-the-gate and i reckon we will be lucky if there is 3,600 at the game, hopefully the club/Police has a re-think and has a pay-at-the-gate on Saturday morning or at least sell tickets up to 1pm on Saturday for both ends of the ground.

C'Mon the Red Lichties.

4 hours ago, A.K. Barr said:

Was the problem with capacity in the past not due to the fact that all supporters spill out to the same area after the game? there are no exits behind the goals etc

I understood that the reason that was previously given is that we cannot segregate the covered/uncovered areas, so if it rains, everyone will try to get under cover.

Here is a good question for fans of both clubs, name the players who have played for both clubs?

Ross Chisholm, Brian Kerr and John McGlashan as a start. Andy Penman of course. Duncan McLean and Brian Clark were loaned in at some point. I believe McLean played in Europe for the Dees against Perugia.  Bobby Linn and Rab Douglas (1 game vs Queens Park at Hampden). Gavin Swankie and Doris

Jerry O’Driscoll?