Arbroath v Dundee

27 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

I’m more worried by the fact that you’re looking up the weather forecast for Dundee games.

Creepy behaviour.

I knew what the forecast was as I’d already checked the forecast for Dundee and it had to be similar. Simples.

11 minutes ago, kdyteejay said:

I knew what the forecast was as I’d already checked the forecast for Dundee and it had to be similar. Simples.

I take it you’ve never either experienced playing football at the waterfront in Arbroath during the winter months or never been to Arbroath itself. A good chance there’s a fair bit of difference playing at Dens or down the road  to Gayfield at this time of year. 

12 minutes ago, Yenitit said:
28 minutes ago, kdyteejay said:

Simples.

I take it you’ve never either experienced playing football at the waterfront in Arbroath during the winter months or never been to Arbroath itself. A good chance there’s a fair bit of difference playing at Dens or down the road  to Gayfield at this time

Wrong. I lived in Arbroath for 5 years from 1978. I could be sitting at my back door enjoying the warmth of the sun and go to the golf course at the shore front and it would be blowing a hoolie but that doesn’t affect the weather forecast which is for Arbroath in general, not the waterfront.

Only been one windy day all season against Dunfermline. Gayfield has been on the whole extremely calm and not any colder than any other grounds, the weather gets hyped up an awful lot.

When it's bad it can be ridiculously bad but those occasions are rare.

Only been one windy day all season against Dunfermline. Gayfield has been on the whole extremely calm and not any colder than any other grounds, the weather gets hyped up an awful lot.

When it's bad it can be ridiculously bad but those occasions are rare.

Was it at Arbroath last season when a goalie put a goal kick out for a corner?

1 hour ago, kdyteejay said:

Wrong. I lived in Arbroath for 5 years from 1978. I could be sitting at my back door enjoying the warmth of the sun and go to the golf course at the shore front and it would be blowing a hoolie but that doesn’t affect the weather forecast which is for Arbroath in general, not the waterfront.

Oh well that weather forecast of yours is useless then. Kinda what I was getting at.  

Was it at Arbroath last season when a goalie put a goal kick out for a corner?

Yeah it's happened a fair few times over the years. Wave also hit Bobby Linn taking a corner one day.

Hope the ticket thing changes, speaking to some older guys I know that go to games every week and they didn't even realise you needed one for the home end.

In work a lot of Dundee fans can't be arsed with having to go pick a ticket up at Dens especially with the mood they're in at the moment.

Lots of fans don't decide until the day of the game if they are going ( this is due to lots of different factors).

Making games all ticket at this level will almost certainly reduce the potential attendance.

Match won't sell out - think it's Arbroath's decision if they make games all ticket, perhaps after consulting the police.

Looking forward to the match and predicting a home win for the 'broath.

2 hours ago, Yenitit said:

Oh well that weather forecast of yours is useless then. Kinda what I was getting at.  

No really. If you remember the original post I replied to about Arbroath’s weather, the poster said the weather was supposed to be really bad (stinking I think was said) and it quite clearly isn’t going to be.

25 minutes ago, Mexico said:

Gayfield doesn’t hold anything like the 6,600 quoted in loads of places, in positive when we have had old firm cup games that’s been cut to around 5,500 for some reason

Am not sure you are right here, think 6600, is the correct

It was dropped to just over 4K but Iv a feeling it was raised again. The place could easily hold near 8K. The corners are empty during a “sell out”

Aye this is how I remember it, the extra space during those sell outs is ludicrous.