John Ferguson has died

kilsythblue

Dreadful news.  John was a great guy, and was " Mr Kilsyth ", he kept records on everything related to Kilsyth Rangers, and did their history book.

Was always fit, he was a great  swimmer and often in the Kilsyth pool, I expected him to go on forever.

RIP John

A great junior enthusiast and ambassador for Kilsyth.

Always enjoyed talking with him.

But I always wondered why he never invested in a new folder for all his paperwork.

The one he always had with him was pretty battered and held together by duct tape.

I asked him about it once and he said "Ach, it's got  a few years in it yet, a need my money for Kilsyth."

My condolences to all that knew him.

3 hours ago, kilsythblue said:

Sad to pass on the news that John Ferguson has died today. Known on this site as Garrelburn.

John was a keen junior historian and indeed was the author of the book on the history of kilsyth Rangers . A committee man to the end and he filled his last match report for our last home game against Arthurlie just 2 weeks ago. His health had been troubling him recently but non the less he never missed a game and was the club delegate for meetings at Hampden . A sad loss to the junior game . RIP john

Condolences from all at Petershill, he was always one of the more informed posters on here.

Always liked his posts on here. He introduced himself to me on a previous visit after he spotted my bright orange Broncos hat. A lovely guy who will be a big loss to your club. Condolences to his family and all associated at Kilsyth. T