Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Harry Haddock

Clyde v Forfar

Recommended Posts

We inflict our own problems. Fanny about in midfield Square and with no pace then loose the ball, insisting on playing out from the back on a howling day when opposition won’t let you do it. 

They had space all over their back 4 if ever a day Goodie would have had channels to run, he’s out.. typical! Cancelled  each other out today, no creativity at all!

Edited by FREDDYFRY

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another 0-0 game against Clyde. I'd normally be disappointed but we've not lost a league game under Stuart Malcolm yet and he seems to have secured the defence. He just desperately needs to improve our strikeforce.

Any Forfar fans at the game?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bridie Vision said:

Another 0-0 game against Clyde. I'd normally be disappointed but we've not lost a league game under Stuart Malcolm yet and he seems to have secured the defence. He just desperately needs to improve our strikeforce.

Any Forfar fans at the game?

35 away fans 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Few points from today:

Midfield was so ineffectual both offensively and defensively.

Lost count of the under hit passes from the team.

Grant was especially poor by his standards.

McStay needs to realise that he can play a pass first time. He really slowed down the few counterattacks that we had.

I don't know what Lamont brings to the team on his better days (today wasn't one of them)

What's the point of playing McNiff? Poor left back. Poor wing back. Rarely crosses a dangerous ball or prevents them at the other end.

Irrespective of injuries, we're in trouble as our most important players haven't turned up since the Falkirk game.

Today wasn't just a bad day at the office.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Should have won but it was a very poor match played in awful conditions. Can’t miss the chances we did today when presented with them. Forfar car for a draw ad didn’t deviate from that game-plan despite our best endeavours to let the win it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

Few points from today:

Midfield was so ineffectual both offensively and defensively.

Lost count of the under hit passes from the team.

Grant was especially poor by his standards.

McStay needs to realise that he can play a pass first time. He really slowed down the few counterattacks that we had.

I don't know what Lamont brings to the team on his better days (today wasn't one of them)

What's the point of playing McNiff? Poor left back. Poor wing back. Rarely crosses a dangerous ball or prevents them at the other end.

Irrespective of injuries, we're in trouble as our most important players haven't turned up since the Falkirk game.

Today wasn't just a bad day at the office.

Point in playing mcniff is because we don't have anyone to replace him. He's been mince all season

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Clyde lack strength. Physically we get bullied and mentally we are lightweight.  The forfar made 2 or 3 very good saves this was a very winnable match but we didn't have the mentality for it.  Without DGW we lack leadership.  

We will finish in the bottom 3 in the league along with today's visitors and Stranraer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was there, we were poor.

Once again two poor sides playing each other and achieving nothing.

Forbes again just not interested, looked more threatening when jacko went up top next to hilson.

Another 0-0 game against Clyde. I'd normally be disappointed but we've not lost a league game under Stuart Malcolm yet and he seems to have secured the defence. He just desperately needs to improve our strikeforce.
Any Forfar fans at the game?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sao Paulo said:

It's always that bit harder without Goodie. Would've converted the penalty and edged it on another day. Sacrificing a midfielder to put another player beside Smith would've exposed our ropey defence quite badly so I wouldn't be critical there. However, putting on a newly recovered Love to play with his back to goal in place of Smith who'd done - without great service - alright wasn't a good decision. Love should've come on in place of Lamont or Johnston; probably the former, with one of Johnston or Love taking up Lamont's role between the lines. Love's a lot better when he's got the game in front of him and Johnston had clearly put that fuckin' ring on a few times in the second-half, meaning he was as good as invisible out wide.

I agree. It was an absolutely dreadful substitution; I don't think we came close to scoring after the change. We've seen Love play (and be a man short) in that striker role before (Edinburgh last season, Dumbarton this season). I actually thought Smith was having a decent second half with Lamont/Cuddihy playing closer to him and he was causing Forfar problems trying to go in behind. I would agree that he should have been on for Johnston or Lamont. As someone who doesn't particularly value wingers, I would also agree that our reluctance to put Johnston central and get him more involved in the game is baffling.

It was a tough game to try and win; Forfar didn't even counter attack when they had the ball, it was nearly impossible to have a man advantage at any time. That makes Smith's two terrific chances (one in each half) and the inexcusably bad penalty from Grant even harder to stomach, as we absolutely should have found ourselves ahead. As it was, Forfar got brave in the last ten minutes and probably should have scored themselves.

I don't think any Clyde fan would be happy with a point, but we're needing to pick up anything we can at the moment in the hope things will turn around a bit post-Christmas. 

I thought Cuddihy had a great game and that Duffie will now get a good run of games at right-back (if he stays fit). The rest are trying hard but it's just not happening.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Smith was alright but he needs to take one of the two one on ones. 

I have to say that ray grant really hasn’t been too good lately, well of the standards he’s set.

Also noticing we are beginning to hit the ball away first time when we have time to bring it down and find a man. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, TamClyde said:

Rumor has it Grant's penalty is still to land...

"Not only did we lose two points, we also lost a baw..." - Alistair Love. Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na Ally Ally Love... Ally Love! Ally Ally Love!

An' aw the rest e' it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Sao Paulo said:

It's always that bit harder without Goodie. Would've converted the penalty and edged it on another day. Sacrificing a midfielder to put another player beside Smith would've exposed our ropey defence quite badly so I wouldn't be critical there. However, putting on a newly recovered Love to play with his back to goal in place of Smith who'd done - without great service - alright wasn't a good decision. Love should've come on in place of Lamont or Johnston; probably the former, with one of Johnston or Love taking up Lamont's role between the lines. Love's a lot better when he's got the game in front of him and Johnston had clearly put that fuckin' ring on a few times in the second-half, meaning he was as good as invisible out wide.

Could've been worse of course. But we are, as Lennon said, very average or worse when we don't play 'our game', meaning a game with Goodwillie leading the line and the ball getting played through the opposition.

I think it was Dick Campbell who, in a recent interview said: rin-tin-a-min. Broadly speaking, I'd agree with that.

Anyone else think this c**t talks one heap of garbage?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bridie Vision said:

Scintillating football! Not. Mind you this match looks slightly better than the Raith 0-0 last week.

 

That double save from Mark McCallum in the first half is absolutely sensational. For such a big guy to get down at that angle that quickly is nothing short of remarkable. Wow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, C. Muir said:

Anyone else think this c**t talks one heap of garbage?

U no nufing about it m8 x

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
That double save from Mark McCallum in the first half is absolutely sensational. For such a big guy to get down at that angle that quickly is nothing short of remarkable. Wow.
Superb stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Although I am a season ticket holder I did not go to this game ( last week I sat through our defeat by Dumbarton, finding it to cold to do that too much nowadays). I've just watched the Forfar highlights. Since we put 6 past Stranraer this must be the worst team we have played for a long time. Despite their goalkeeper heroics we should've won this easily.  Things are not looking good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...