TalkingLowerLeague

Hello everyone!

We are TalkingLowerLeague, a podcast focused on Scottish football's lower leagues with TalkingBaws.

We want to reach as many people as we can and increase the general exposure to the Scottish lower leagues as possible. We aim to try and highlight each team in each league as much as possible but in order to do that we need to know what you, the fans of Scottish LL football want to know & hear so please get in touch with any questions or feedback! 

We're on Twitter: https://twitter.com/TBLowerLeague & you can listen to us on these platforms:

Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/talkingbaws/talkinglowerleague-1920-3-cup-giantkillings-thistle-takeover-cove-long-term-and-more

Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/episode/5y32jj5OgueUiDAPen02Aq?si=sd-IMKcoRcKcBDgZBOYLMw

Apple Music: https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/talkinglowerleague-19-20-3-cup-giantkillings-thistle/id539701809?i=1000458113726

Thank you for checking this post out and we hope to hear from you soon!

TLL

How far down the pyramid is this aimed at ... LL, HL, EoS, SoS?
Hi razamanaz,

We're talking predominantly the Championship, League 1 & League 2 but we've briefly discussed teams from both the HL & LL so far.

We have a separate podcast for the Amateurs which is run by a referee at that level which can be found at the links above & as for the juniors.. watch this space.

Hope you enjoy!

2 hours ago, razamanaz said:

So you're ignoring the new pyramid system that is ongoing and with clubs getting larger crowds than most of League 2 and HL and LL. EoS, and SoS aren't amateurs

In the East of Scotland league at the moment, according to the EoSFL Attendance thread, precisely zero teams are getting "larger crowds than most of League 2".

23 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

In the East of Scotland league at the moment, according to the EoSFL Attendance thread, precisely zero teams are getting "larger crowds than most of League 2".

Bo'ness, Broxburn, Linlithgow, and Penicuik have higher average attendance than some of the League 2 and LL sides. Just thought the TalkingLowerLeague thing was missing quite a big audience or they thought they were still junior like the WoS sides

10 hours ago, TalkingLowerLeague said:

We are recording episode 4 this evening!

Do any of you fine folks have questions you would like answered?

What will happen to football after Brexit?

Should I stockpile?

Will I need a weapon?

On 03/12/2019 at 12:55, razamanaz said:

Bo'ness, Broxburn, Linlithgow, and Penicuik have higher average attendance than some of the League 2 and LL sides. Just thought the TalkingLowerLeague thing was missing quite a big audience or they thought they were still junior like the WoS sides

3 of they sides have all had home Scottish cup ties with a bumper crowd which brings their average right up. What would Linlithgows average be without the Falkirk tie? Penicuiks without the Stenny tie? Broxburns without the Cowden tie?

I'll hazard a guess that without they ties at least 2 of they teams averages will drop below every league 2 club. I see the mighty Boness average a whole 10 people more than Albion Rovers but less than every other league 2 club so I suppose theres a huge pat on the back deserved for that.

Edited by C. Muir

6 hours ago, C. Muir said:

3 of they sides have all had home Scottish cup ties with a bumper crowd which brings their average right up. What would Linlithgows average be without the Falkirk tie? Penicuiks without the Stenny tie? Broxburns without the Cowden tie?

I'll hazard a guess that without they ties at least 2 of they teams averages will drop below every league 2 club. I see the mighty Boness average a whole 10 people more than Albion Rovers but less than every other league 2 club so I suppose theres a huge pat on the back deserved for that.

I'm not trying to prove anything but that there is an audience out there for this programme called TalkingLowerLeague, or maybe change the name to NotAllTheLowerLeagueTalkingJustSome. Notice you didn't defend the LL attendees

1 hour ago, razamanaz said:

I'm not trying to prove anything but that there is an audience out there for this programme called TalkingLowerLeague, or maybe change the name to NotAllTheLowerLeagueTalkingJustSome. Notice you didn't defend the LL attendees

I'm not defending a lowland league because you're probably right about the EoS league sides averaging more. Hardly difficult when you're comparing to clubs that have barely existed for a few years (BSC Glasgow, Caledonian Braves, Cumbernauld Colts (in a senior capacity anyway)).

I just wanted to point out that in league games (we're comparing leagues after all, not cup ties), the 4 sides you mention don't all have higher averages than some of league 2. Indeed all of league 2 average more than 2 of them.

Edited by C. Muir

What will happen to football after Brexit?
Should I stockpile?
Will I need a weapon?
Bear, we can't possibly comment on what does or does not become of football in the year 2147 when Brexit eventually goes through.

We could never advocate stockpiling weapons, but we can only suggest protecting yourself & your loved ones, particularly in the unfortunate event of having to enter the Kingdom of Fife.

(Only joking, Fifers... [emoji102])

9 hours ago, TalkingLowerLeague said:

Bear, we can't possibly comment on what does or does not become of football in the year 2147 when Brexit eventually goes through.

We could never advocate stockpiling weapons, but we can only suggest protecting yourself & your loved ones, particularly in the unfortunate event of having to enter the Kingdom of Fife.

(Only joking, Fifers... emoji102.png)

We know each other now! You can call me Scary.

• 4 weeks later...

Evening all,

Apologies for the radio silence, it's been a busy few weeks! 

We posted our Christmas special with our first guest, Talking Baws very own former footballer Jonny Boyle. We discussed the topsy turvy nature of League 1 and the dangers around the bottom of the league! Ideal listen for those dreaded commutes back to work over the coming week or so. 

As always, any feedback is appreciated and you can give us that both here and on Twitter (@TBLowerLeague). Thank you all so much for your support for this so far, whether it was simply clicking into this post or checking out any of the episodes so far. We can't wait to bring you all much more content in 2020!

Aw ra best furra bells! :)

Edited by TalkingLowerLeague

• 2 weeks later...