Question for Kennie

BANKIEBILL

14 hours ago, bigecumnock said:

As posted earlier sponsorship plays a huge part in financing our club, for Cumnock to lose potentially £1000 due to the game being on a Wednesday evening plus a decimated attendance well what do you think. Regarding the park being booked I never said at any time it was booked, in all probability it will be , only said the question should have been asked before posting fixtures and then all the inconvenience could have been avoided 

£1000 to sponsor a game at Townhead ? Can I introduce our commercial guy to someone at the club :)

5 hours ago, gordo said:

My points is both teams shouldnt lose out. Its not lost revenue from a Talbot crowd point of view. But more to do with money lost through hospitality the social club etc. 

The Derby may have lost its edge etc due to cumnock not competing. But its still a big game and should be treated as such holding them midweek seems crazy to me. We have two free Saturdays in February make the cumnock game the priority 

Yes Cumnock have two free Saturdays, however you need the opposition to be free on those dates as well...

8 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

Yes Cumnock have two free Saturdays, however you need the opposition to be free on those dates as well...

You don't say why don't the play someone else on a Wednesday night say largs rossvale clydebank etc they all have floodlights 

6 minutes ago, gordo said:

You don't say why don't the play someone else on a Wednesday night say largs rossvale clydebank etc they all have floodlights 

They are already playing Clydebank and Benburb on a Wednesday, Largs don't have lights.

You surely realise how stupid you're making Cumnock look.
Talbot are already playing Glencairn, Clydebank, and Benburb on a Wednesday.
But it's only Cumnock that's moaning.
Dry your eyes mate. The game is on a Wednesday. Live with it.

1 minute ago, Ginaro said:

They are already playing Clydebank and Benburb on a Wednesday, Largs don't have lights.

They play rutherglen In February do they have floodlights that could be played on a Wednesday 

19 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

Just now, Beenzon-Toste said:

You surely realise how stupid you're making Cumnock look.
Talbot are already playing Glencairn, Clydebank, and Benburb on a Wednesday.
But it's only Cumnock that's moaning.
Dry your eyes mate. The game is on a Wednesday. Live with it.

The park is booked live with it. It was only suggestions 

14 minutes ago, gordo said:

They play rutherglen In February do they have floodlights that could be played on a Wednesday 

He's referring to the Champions Cup semi final game which has been scheduled for a Wednesday night at the start of March.

Personally, I’m looking forward to it.

I would normally miss a game like this with our game being on, but a few of us will be heading down as neutrals & I’m sure the same will be true for guys at other clubs.

They might miss a few folk with it being a weekday, but don’t underestimate the extras you’ll attract with it being midweek.

Cumnock v Talbot under the floodlights mid February. Sounds excellent and gives neutrals a chance to attend and savour the atmosphere and electricity of arguably the biggest derby in junior fitba.

Might have been one of the biggest years ago but I don’t think it is nowadays just an annual pumping for Cumnock now

No idea why certain Cumnock fans on here have an issue wi a Wednesday game against Talbot. Gone are the days when these games attracted big crowds and wont return until we get competitive again.

Regarding the park being block booked, am quite sure the agreement is in place that ALL block bookings will be subject to postponement, if the pitch is required for a game(am sure these bookings are cancelled at start of season and end of season for midweek games, so no sure why Debruary would be any different)

To mention Killie v Rangers on the tele will hav an effect on the crowd...really?!?! Am no sure o many Cumnock/Talbot fans that would prioritise that fixture over the junior derby but I may be wrong.

I for one look forward to a midweek derby under the floodlights and only hope there will be more to come.

If Clubs want to be licensed this will be one of the effects with midweek games being posted and such fixtures will have to be fulfilled. Clubs complain about the Junior Grade not being professional but when we try to move on the complaints start. All associations above the Junior Grade in the pyramid have midweek fixtures so let's move on and try to become more professional and not stuck in the dark old days.

And your comments regarding the loss of sponsorship, money Cumnock Juniors can I'll afford to loose, a bit of self interest here I suspect

No idea why certain Cumnock fans on here have an issue wi a Wednesday game against Talbot. Gone are the days when these games attracted big crowds and wont return until we get competitive again.

Regarding the park being block booked, am quite sure the agreement is in place that ALL block bookings will be subject to postponement, if the pitch is required for a game(am sure these bookings are cancelled at start of season and end of season for midweek games, so no sure why Debruary would be any different)

To mention Killie v Rangers on the tele will hav an effect on the crowd...really?!?! Am no sure o many Cumnock/Talbot fans that would prioritise that fixture over the junior derby but I may be wrong.

I for one look forward to a midweek derby under the floodlights and only hope there will be more to come.

How much will we lose in sponsorship? I think the £1000 quoted will be way off, as thats based on nobody taking up sponsorship of the game.
Can you confirm that Cumnock make £1000 profit from all games?

And your comments regarding the loss of sponsorship, money Cumnock Juniors can I'll afford to loose, a bit of self interest here I suspect

For a Cumnock v Talbot game it will be £1000 minimum, who's going to sponsor a game on a Wednesday night ?

How much will we lose in sponsorship? I think the £1000 quoted will be way off, as thats based on nobody taking up sponsorship of the game.
Can you confirm that Cumnock make £1000 profit from all games?

For a Cumnock v Talbot game it will be £1000 minimum, who's going to sponsor a game on a Wednesday night ?
Time will tell. If we are relying on that one saturday fixture to generate sponsorship income then we have severe problems in the way the club is being run

If you attend Townhead on a Saturday you will see most if not all home games are sponsored, and that's down to the great job the commercial team are doing, it just happens to be the case that the Talbot game is the most attractive for sponsors

Time will tell. If we are relying on that one saturday fixture to generate sponsorship income then we have severe problems in the way the club is being run